Limitless TP4080SVM - 1721 KILLER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused, isn't a 4080cm already a 1721 killer? is a 1721 even better than a tp 4070cm?

@vwturbowolf has the new TP4080svm
It certainly has big power handling. Unsure if its the best motor in the world but it is great for sure.
How do the 56 and 58mm motors compare? Peter dirks and (presumably) James run the big TP powerplants
How do the 56 and 58mm motors compare? Peter dirks and (presumably) James run the big TP powerplants
Also tp… you gonna drop the 4090 now?
what i want is a 49mm motor from tp

I expect when I start pushing this motor I’ll make as much power with it as my 58 can motor, same motor Peter is running, with almost half the weight. It’s a great motor, same with the 4070svm, which I pulled 16,000 watts with already

The problem with the 1/5 scale TP motors is that they are 6 pole and don't run well with the castle ESC.
You cannot do a high rpm/ high KV motor with a 6 pole paired to the XLX2.

For now the only way to do it is to run 1440kv or lower to keep the rpms low (under 30k rpms)

Leopard 56 and 58mm motors are 4 pole but they don't offer them in higher KV options which is lame!
I am tempted to learn how to re-wind motors so I could make them higher KV.

The problem with the 1/5 scale TP motors is that they are 6 pole and don't run well with the castle ESC.
You cannot do a high rpm/ high KV motor with a 6 pole paired to the XLX2.

For now the only way to do it is to run 1440kv or lower to keep the rpms low (under 30k rpms)

Leopard 56 and 58mm motors are 4 pole but they don't offer them in higher KV options which is lame!
I am tempted to learn how to re-wind motors so I could make them higher KV.
Yeah they are 6 pole, the poor xlx2 lol
yeah, i liked the 1100kv variant
yeah leopard motors have the juice if only they were about 1650kv.
I expect when I start pushing this motor I’ll make as much power with it as my 58 can motor, same motor Peter is running, with almost half the weight. It’s a great motor, same with the 4070svm, which I pulled 16,000 watts with already
Alright you have been into the 190mph zone, get ready for the question.. in your opinion, what is the best motor for speed at the moment?

I'd like to see TP make 4-pole large can motors. Does anyone know if there's a reason why this isn't possible?
TP is lazy. They will surely do it eventually.

Agreed, the whole ideal of more poles it to have more torque and nearly all 1/5 scale motors are sold in 6 pole config.
yeah, XLX2 is getting outdated if i am being honest.
MMX8S is still solid at high kv and 6 pole usage from what i have heard

alright, alright, lets get it, XLX3, lets rock it out, 12s, 1000A, come on, were all waiting….

alright, alright, lets get it, XLX3, lets rock it out, 12s, 1000A, come on, were all waiting….
So when is the 4090 coming you think @LibertyMKiii

You are getting ahead of yourself again young grasshopper.
XLX-2 is darn near perfect in my eyes. Just pick a 4070 or 4080 and go for it.

You are getting ahead of yourself again young grasshopper.
XLX-2 is darn near perfect in my eyes. Just pick a 4070 or 4080 and go for it.
Lol it can always be more powerful!!!
yeah though, the xlx2 is the best ESC at the moment, and everything that has tried to hold a candle to it has failed, the closest thing to the xlx2 is the mmx8s, which is the little brother!
(BY THE WAY, hobbywing don't even try to touch the king.)

TP is lazy. They will surely do it eventually.
Tp has been making a lot of new motors lately, the entire svm line is new, not to mention the 4080cm they released before that, the fact is they’ve made motors that the xlx2 can’t handle, castle needs to further their software. Look at the 5670cm, great potential with the motor but xlx2 hates it. I’ve worked with a guy to try and get good numbers with his and the esc absolutely hates it. I basically had to trick the esc with gearing and throttle inputs to get it to work.

Tp has been making a lot of new motors lately, the entire svm line is new, not to mention the 4080cm they released before that, the fact is they’ve made motors that the xlx2 can’t handle, castle needs to further their software. Look at the 5670cm, great potential with the motor but xlx2 hates it. I’ve worked with a guy to try and get good numbers with his and the esc absolutely hates it. I basically had to trick the esc with gearing and throttle inputs to get it to work.
Yeah the 5670 would be the motor of choice to go for if castle updated their software for 6 pole motors, but all of TP blows my mind out of my skull, and TP is so humble about it! They kn ow exactly the amount of watts their motor puts out and they lowball it. Hats off to TP

now CASTLE.. update that esc so TP has a reason to go even harder..

Yeah the 5670 would be the motor of choice to go for if castle updated their software for 6 pole motors, but all of TP blows my mind out of my skull, and TP is so humble about it! They kn ow exactly the amount of watts their motor puts out and they lowball it. Hats off to TP

now CASTLE.. update that esc so TP has a reason to go even harder..
Alright, @LibertyMKiii i come with sad news.

6E30A651-2BA4-471C-80FB-36D54E1CE6C7.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back