Traxxas forum is dead, so I'll ask here: Metal rod ends?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to the Trx forum and ask about fixing Steering slop on an Arrma.
You will get flamed, then banned, in that order. :LOL:
Because the Trx forum is actually owned and operated by Trx.
And AF has No affiliation with the Arrma brand.
I asked once if my non-sensored BL motor would be a benefit to my non-traxxas crawler, and I received a warning and the thread got deleted ☹️

^^^ I believe you. I wasn't joking. I lurked there before to see for myself.
Traxass owns their Forum. Their underwear is too tight, like that.(n)
They probably have an algorithm, that weeds out posts regarding any other brand.:LOL:

Indeed it is! I’ve been particularly enjoying @Jerold ”s Rlaarlo build thread there lately.

Arrma is by far the best forum I've found and I try to keep it to Arrma. The problem is that all the smart people are here and @WoodiE is very cool about letting us play in his sand box. So a lot of random RC questions end up here, which are not "filed" correctly.

All the affiliate forums are below, it would be nice if there was a way to have one login for all the forums. Hint, hint.
1687461541708.png

Go to the Trx forum and ask about fixing Steering slop on an Arrma.
You will get flamed, then banned, in that order. :LOL:
Because the Trx forum is actually owned and operated by Trx.
And AF has No affiliation with the Arrma brand.
Yup, they are very militant about it. You cannot mention any other brands unless they used in a Traxxas vehicle. Although I've seen people post "Should I get <insert other brand> or a Traxxas?, which is a ridiculous to post in any brand specific forum. They usually get a warning and the post is locked. Too much shenanigans and they get booted.

Traxxas has some good products, but they are hard to deal with sometimes. Perhaps we need a new Traxxas Forum added to this network; although, I would be that Traxxas would do something stupid and try to kill it.

Arrma is by far the best forum I've found and I try to keep it to Arrma. The problem is that all the smart people are here and @WoodiE is very cool about letting us play in his sand box. So a lot of random RC questions end up here, which are not "filed" correctly.

All the affiliate forums are below, it would be nice if there was a way to have one login for all the forums. Hint, hint.
View attachment 307233

Yup, they are very militant about it. You cannot mention any other brands unless they used in a Traxxas vehicle. Although I've seen people post "Should I get <insert other brand> or a Traxxas?, which is a ridiculous to post in any brand specific forum. They usually get a warning and the post is locked. Too much shenanigans and they get booted.

Traxxas has some good products, but they are hard to deal with sometimes. Perhaps we need a new Traxxas Forum added to this network; although, I would be that Traxxas would do something stupid and try to kill it.
Yeah, greed kills.. I sorta wish TRX would die already,LOL. I have several of their rigs, enjoy them too, but if they weren't around I'd just buy the next brand anyways 🤷‍♂️
They'd never let anyone use their name or likeness, that's been proven over and over. They're cleaver and sneaky, likely the keys to their success..
I can't speak for the forum but, I don't mind hearing questions about them. I think brand loyalty is just silly myself. I like Arrma but Arrma is not putting free parts on my work bench..

Im a fan of the platforms not the company, lol. I started having bad nerve problems that makes wrenching difficult to nearly impossible at times.I prefer bashing 2wd rigs for their simplicity/lower maintenance.

My Stampede lowrider build i did for street bashing is about 5% Traxxas, lol. The only Traxxas parts are the receiver box, rear suspension arms, gtr shock shafts, and the idler gear & top gear/shaft in the transmission. The other 95% is Hobbywing, Fast Lane, Tekno, Team A, STRC, Hot Racing and Arrma.🤣

Im a fan of the platforms not the company, lol. I started having bad nerve problems that makes wrenching difficult to nearly impossible at times.I prefer bashing 2wd rigs for their simplicity/lower maintenance.

My Stampede lowrider build i did for street bashing is about 5% Traxxas, lol. The only Traxxas parts are the receiver box, rear suspension arms, gtr shock shafts, and the idler gear & top gear/shaft in the transmission. The other 95% is Hobbywing, Fast Lane, Tekno, Team A, STRC, Hot Racing and Arrma.🤣
I look at it like this, if TRX went under, those engineers and designers would surely have no trouble finding a job.
Edit: I mean TRX engineers and designers are THAT good IMO.

Last edited:

View attachment 307233

Actually that would be hearasy.
And HH might not like that. Putting AF in a bad light.
Leave Traxass alone in their own lane. Why help to market their products at all.
They don't play nice with other RC brands anyway . Never did.

Actually that would be hearasy.
And HH might not like that. Putting AF in a bad light.
Leave Traxass alone in their own lane. Why help to market their products at all.
They don't play nice with other RC brands anyway . Never did.
Yes, but I still like Traxxas users. It's not about promoting the brand it's about promoting in the hobby and helping others. I've learned som much in these forums.

My first post on reddit got deleted because I didn't have enough posts. There was nothing inappropriate about said post. That was by a mod, and not a bot, iirc. Never returning there again.

My first post on reddit got deleted because I didn't have enough posts. There was nothing inappropriate about said post. That was by a mod, and not a bot, iirc. Never returning there again.
Someone stole my username on reddit........... So I don't go there much either.

My Slash 4x4 has awful steering slop, the wheels can turn a significant amount without turning the servo. I can fix this by replacing all the old, worn rod ends with new ones.

But, should I replace them with metal rod ends, which won't wear out as easily, or would that eliminate a weak point and cause more difficult-to-replace parts to break?

My Slash is very light and is run on 2s and 3s.
My two cent: What's getting loose are the ball cups. That being said do you like the look of the alloy ones, if so that is a good enough reason to get them. The plastic ones are good though. I am certain there also may be an option to replace the balls and save a few bucks. Have you checked Jenny's.

Good luck.

Just place small strips of Teflon tape in the Ends and pop the balls back in. What I would do.
Metal balls and Metal ends are Heavier and still can wear out.
Plastic Ends with Steel balls are the best combination IMHO. Use TT when they start to get sloppy, Then repeat, replacing with the stockers whenever.

Just place small strips of Teflon tape in the Ends and pop the balls back in. What I would do.
Metal balls and Metal ends are Heavier and still can wear out.
Plastic Ends with Steel balls are the best combination IMHO. Use TT when they start to get sloppy, Then repeat, replacing with the stockers whenever.
Never thought of the teflon tape fix. Takes up the slop, but still slippery enough to pivot.(y)

Just an old Pro track tip from years past. Many think it is crazy and ignore this fix, but it works flawlessly. I do this to all my 6s rigs when new out the box. They always have that factory slop. I would never bother trying to upgrade the ends/balls etc. These are only bashers to begin with.
Not high end precision kit rigs.

I get the Slash Ultimate rods from Jennys and use the ends on my Senton. The steel balls seem to last longer than the Arrma plastic ones, or the HR alum. ones.
I agree with this idea. To keep costs down even further, you can buy just the TRX rod ends w/steel pivot balls already installed. Reuse the turnbuckles. I guess it depends on what JRC is getting for the whole piece(s) though.. shipping can sting a bit these days from JRC too I find..

don't touch the metal rod ends. Get better ones or just replace.You need the balls to be press fitted in. Something you cant do with metal rod ends. And aluminum wears pretty quick with friction
that's interesting, I've really been loving mine, they removed so much slop over the stockers. I guess I will see how long they stay that way but it's been a couple months so far and everything still feels tight and I send my rigs pretty good.

1687563644536.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back