Is my lipo finally dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john 8s

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
I broke a balance lead the other day after running. Started to smoke. I put it in a bucket with salt water to no avail. Took it out of water and still had power. Opened up hard case and punctured all four cells and they started smoking and put back in water while they were smoking. Looked like I had a witch's brew going on. Been in water for a week now. Are they safe to dispose of now.

I broke a balance lead the other day after running. Started to smoke. I put it in a bucket with salt water to no avail. Took it out of water and still had power. Opened up hard case and punctured all four cells and they started smoking and put back in water while they were smoking. Looked like I had a witch's brew going on. Been in water for a week now. Are they safe to dispose of now.
Might wait another week.. think they recommend 2 weeks but I'm unsure since you shanked it!! 🤪

Went a little overkill on the puncturing can't be to careful.

^^^ Best and safest advice!(y)

Me personally, I like the firework display method.:ROFLMAO:
I don't recommend it however. Don't do what I do.

How do yu connect the bulb to the battery?
I made this, nothing fancy, the wires are just twisted together at the bulb and electrical taped on because I didn't feel like soldering them together. I have only ever successfully done up to 4s lipos with this, idk how well these bulbs can handle 22v.

16912534409612226392004973598246.jpg

I heard of using an incandescent AC light bulb for larger Lipos??? IDK. :unsure:
Yeah, an automotive12v bulb would burn out with 4s packs and higher, I believe. Depends how many volts is remaining in the Lipo.

Checked on my battery that's been soaking for a week today. Took the lid off and the insides were coming apart and so i was curious and kept unwrapping the cells. I don't know what all goes into making each individual cell but it had a lot of wrapping and gold, maybe tin foil in it. None the less it should be safe to dispose of now. Next time when this happens I will use the light bulb method.

I heard of using an incandescent AC light bulb for larger Lipos??? IDK. :unsure:
Yeah, an automotive12v bulb would burn out with 4s packs and higher, I believe. Depends how many volts is remaining in the Lipo.
I literally just killed a 4s lipo with it the other day, I think it was at storage charge when I started though.

My ISDT K2 Air Charger has a "Destroy Mode".
It will kill a pack no issues safely.
I have also modded my Leaf blower to run 6s packs. And thats how I also kill them. While also blowing out my driveway.:giggle: Getting that last horah out of those packs.:LOL:

My ISDT K2 Air Charger has a "Destroy Mode".
It will kill a pack no issues safely.
I have also modded my Leaf blower to run 6s packs. And thats how I also kill them. While also blowing out my driveway.:giggle: Getting that last horah out of those packs.:LOL:
My Q6 Nano has the destroy option too. I haven't used it yet though.

I used it just once to try it out. I don't like to discharge my lipos with my chargers in general. It just overheats them up too much IMHO.
I have ISDT and MR12 dedicated dischargers for that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back