Traxxas forum still down!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say one thing. NOT bashing by any means. I just bought my first arrma after having two traxxas trucks...man i was missing out. This kraton 8s exb is night and day better quality/fit and finish. Traxxas looks and feels like cheap toys now. Arrma seems professional hobby grade. I sold my x maxx, im looking to sell my maxx now to replace it with a kraton 6s v5. I raced losi my whole younger years and got out for quite a few years, decided to try traxxas this past year and big mistake on my part. Glad im getting rid of them.

I was also curious as i had some maxx questions. Been checking every few days. I wonder if they gave up on the forum thing??
Just ask the question here in the sub forum “general chaos” and you will have responses.

Can also go post at RCTalk.com or check facebook for maxx specific groups... I hate facebook... but when you need info, it's a final resort to check.

I recently picked up a maxx. Having a lot of fun with it, but info makes me waste less $ on useless things. The traxxas forum down makes learning about it a bit more annoying.

Funny, I actually was googling for some info on the Trx4 vs Trx4 sport vs Trx6 and today and also a few days ago, I saw that the forum was down.
When this forum has major maintenance with the new server all @WoodiE and the other administrators needed was a couple of hours. So Traxxas is definitely not ‘the fastest name in RC’ when it comes to its’ forum support 😂 (just a joke, not hating meant).
Arrma forum👊

When this forum has major maintenance with the new server all @WoodiE and the other administrators needed was a couple of hours.
That's because I have no idea what I'm doing and just making it up as I go. ;)

I'm sure the guys over there have a much better group of server admins than I am. :D

I just checked the site and it seems they have another message displaying... "Message board members and readers: The Traxxas Community is currently offline as we migrate to a new, improved platform. We’ll be back soon!"

This to me, sounds like a positive note. One that I mentioned earlier in this thread or the other, that the forum software they are using is very old. In fact it reached end of life some time ago. They are finally upgrading to something new, maybe the latest version of vBulletin or maybe an even better system. Can't wait to see!

This to me, sounds like a positive note. One that I mentioned earlier in this thread or the other, that the forum software they are using is very old. In fact it reached end of life some time ago. They are finally upgrading to something new, maybe the latest version of vBulletin or maybe an even better system. Can't wait to see!
It sure is. The amount of security vulnarabilities present in vBulletin boards was growing over time, and not all holes were properly fixed fast enough.

Migrating an old forum to a new platform can take a while.
I read your message yesterday somewhere that they were using a 6 year old version of vBulletin. Having a lot of experience with vBulletin myself (ran a rather large forum, 600K+ posts, for almost 18 years on it), I can safely say that anyone with little or no experience trying a migration from that system to a new vendor will have grey hairs by the time they're done with it.
But I guess the migration will be finished sooner or later and that they are now somewhere in the second half of the migration. I'm currently getting an error 403 on the forums page, most likely indicating that they are busy working on the new forum (and/or server).

Edit: if they would go to a recent version of vBulletin, it should have been done withion a couple of hours (depending on the customizations/plugins/mods they installed), that is if they prepared well. My guess is a new board vendor.

Last edited:
That's because I have no idea what I'm doing and just making it up as I go. ;)

I'm sure the guys over there have a much better group of server admins than I am. :D

I just checked the site and it seems they have another message displaying... "Message board members and readers: The Traxxas Community is currently offline as we migrate to a new, improved platform. We’ll be back soon!"

I think you‘re being a bit modest there 😉
I agree let’s hope their forum is up and running soon. The more the merrier (and I can some more info/opinions on the TRX4 🤓).

Now, Traxxas entire website is currently down...
1622661437583.png

I'm just hoping that I can finally use ctrl+enter to submit a new post! I hate all that extra clicking of the mouse eating up all my time! lol!

While it does seem harder to navigate, it will just take getting used to. No problems there.

Its way to white. While the ARRMA forums is very white as well, at least here we have some color, and we have theme options.

The TRX forum is also very simple looking. Great minimalism, but it seems to lack features with text formatting (looks).

Also, I've never been able to figure out how to add a profile pic on the old forum (still wondering how to do it). Now I added one in under 1 minute (our burnt wood pile)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back