Typhon Truggified Typhon V4 How to ? Do i use my Talion V4 parts ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcObsession

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
?Any guidance or how to advice , instructions would be appreciated ...Thanks ?

That’s a great idea". I did mine and it’s a lot of fun. I run proline badlands mix 2.8”. You will need Kraton/Outcast hub carriers, hex’s and axles. For the axles you use only the axles and add the typhon drive shafts to them. Check out post #20 on this thread. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/2-8-badlands-for-my-typhon.7866/
You can also do it with just hex extensions but the right way is to put the Kraton/oc parts on it. Have fun!

Thanks brother !! parts are ordered !!???

Thanks for the info guys..

I'm thinking of trugifying my Typhon and giving it to my 10 year old son. He likes to play offroad more than me.. so it should really help for that kind of bashing.

What alternative bodyshells would fit a truggied typhon without too many mods?

Hmm.. I'm gonna be RC carless after this.. do I do this and buy myself another Typhon next year... or just buy him a Talion instead?

If I were to get only one 6s rig, it would probably be a Kraton for my type of terrain.
I like to offroad and jump mostly

If I were to get only one 6s rig, it would probably be a Kraton for my type of terrain.
I like to offroad and jump mostly

Thanks, yes.... It certainly would be another option worth considering.

Just how tough is the Kraton compared to the smaller lighter Arrmas ... do you break many parts jumping?

Awesome post !!!!! I am thinking about doing this to my Typhon . As a matter of fact , a week ago I picked up a new Proline Pro MT 4x4 roller kit , it came with the 2.8's needed to truggify the Typhon , so now I already have the wheels/tires , now just have to get the hubs/hexes/shafts .

Last edited:
Thanks, yes.... It certainly would be another option worth considering.

Just how tough is the Kraton compared to the smaller lighter Arrmas ... do you break many parts jumping?

no more, no less than any other 6s rig, it all depends on the way you handle it and the type of terrain you drive in.

How do i get the existing front pieces off my V4 typhon ? is the only way to heat up the grub screw that goes through the center ? it’s really in there !! or is there a short cut to take the whole piece off ?
trying to get the front hubs off ....?

How do i get the existing front pieces off my V4 typhon ? is the only way to heat up the grub screw that goes through the center ? it’s really in there !! or is there a short cut to take the whole piece off ?
If it won’t come out easily add a little heat with a soldering iron. Leave the soldering iron on the screw for like 5mins and it should come out easy after that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back