TRX question.. sorry, inquiring mind wants to know.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KnowAir

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
@slick2500 or anyone else who may have knowledge of the TRX 2wd family.
Does anyone know if nitro rustler arms will work on a 2wd vxl rustler? Front and or rears?
I'm finding arms for the nitro rusty for dirt cheap.. figured if they'll fit, why not? But do they? Amain lists them for nitro pede and rusty only?
I'm looking to rehab a rusty vxl my brother gifted to me, also, I can widen out the bandit as well hopefully.

Possibly compare part numbers to see if they are the same?
I heard the arms change between electric models to narrow or widen the car. I would expect the nitro car is the same, but not 100% sure.

Possibly compare part numbers to see if they are the same?
I heard the arms change between electric models to narrow or widen the car. I would expect the nitro car is the same, but not 100% sure.
I did compare part numbers, they are different for sure. Thing is, these 2wd TRX's have been around forever and largely unchanged.. I'm under the impression that TRX has made some changes purely for profit, ie weaker suspension arms.
There are several versions of rustler arms I've seen, the newest rendition looks cheap compared to the previous version. Hoss arms for example, way less substantial than the 4x4 rustler arms..
I may be off base, IDK..
I ordered 2 sets of vxl and one set of nitro arms.. we shall see,LOL.

I did compare part numbers, they are different for sure. Thing is, these 2wd TRX's have been around forever and largely unchanged.. I'm under the impression that TRX has made some changes purely for profit, ie weaker suspension arms.
There are several versions of rustler arms I've seen, the newest rendition looks cheap compared to the previous version. Hoss arms for example, way less substantial than the 4x4 rustler arms..
I may be off base, IDK..
I ordered 2 sets of vxl and one set of nitro arms.. we shall see,LOL.
I was going to say for $15.00 just order some and see LOL

Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard, you can call me on it,LOL 😉🤣
I get it though... if someone has the experience why not ask around and save some $$$

Spending $15 incorrectly 10 times really starts to add up.

No the Nitro Rustler used the same front a arms as the Bandit and Drag Slash in the front and the same a arms as the electric Slash in the rear. Also the front outer hinge pins, caster blocks, steering blocks and axles are different. Electric Rustler has wheel hexes on the front, Nitro Rustler has bearings that go in the wheels like the Jato.

Last edited:
If you look up the part number on the Traxxas site it will tell you which model it came with and/or will fit. If it was not standard with, but will fit, another model it will be listed under an 'Accessory part for...' category IIRC.

1682470240014.png

No the Nitro Rustler used the same front a arms as the Bandit and Drag Slash in the front and the same a arms as the electric Slash in the rear. Also the front outer hinge pins, caster blocks, steering blocks and axles are different. Electric Rustler has wheel hexes on the front, Nitro Rustler has bearings that go in the wheels like the Jato.
Thanks! I knew you'd know!! Guess I got some oddities to experiment with then🤷‍♂️
I was looking at the hubs for the nitro Rustler on JRC and saw the front stubs were short and the spindles were lacking bearings.
I got a bin full of LXT wheels from the nineties here, although they used standard sized bearings.. shoot, I probably have some vintage GTX spindles still in sealed packages..LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back