Two transmitters, one receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
You can use one transmitter for several cars. But can you also use two transmitters for one car?

I'd like to use a DX5 for most of my fleet but I also go out driving with friends/family sometimes. So they'd need to use a different transmitter with one of my cars.

Is there an easy way to have more than one transmitter bound to a receiver? And just have the receiver recognize whichever transmitter is found at power up?

I'm trying to avoid opening the receiver box and going through the bind process each time.

Thanks.

The receiver has to match the transmitter brand. Only one transmitter to one receiver. Otherwise we are back to the old days with interference and only able to run on one frequency at a time. My solution is to have some on my Futaba and those would let others run on a different system. DX5 or what you have. Would be nice to have a little switch to throw to change to different transmitter. They have to be bound together because of the shifting or jumping of frequency to allow for unlimited users in a small area. This the the reason so many can run at once now days.

The receiver has to match the transmitter brand. Only one transmitter to one receiver. Otherwise we are back to the old days with interference and only able to run on one frequency at a time. My solution is to have some on my Futaba and those would let others run on a different system. DX5 or what you have. Would be nice to have a little switch to throw to change to different transmitter. They have to be bound together because of the shifting or jumping of frequency to allow for unlimited users in a small area. This the the reason so many can run at once now days.
To be specific the brands just have different protocols. To be approved by the FCC (USA) they have to be in a specific frequency range regardless of brand. Just passing on some knowledge.

Nope, gotta bind em each time. It's a pain so I just keep a few on one Radiolink tx and the majority on another Radiolink tx. If I know I got someone coming I'll bind before they get here, if needed. Would be cool to not have to.

Nope, gotta bind em each time. It's a pain so I just keep a few on one Radiolink tx and the majority on another Radiolink tx. If I know I got someone coming I'll bind before they get here, if needed. Would be cool to not have to.
This is what I do. We actually have 4 Radiolinks now and our 23 rigs are spread out between all 4. We ran into problems when we wanted to drag race each other and all the on road rigs were on my tx :ROFLMAO:

I know this is possible with the Traxxas TQi radio.

Why not give it a try and see what happens.

+1
Each time you bind a Rx, it will only bind exclusively to that one Tx. It is not about the freq. It is about the "Coding match" at the time of the bind process that makes them exclusive to each other.
Yeah I also pre-bind many of my Rx's and Tx's on the bench. So I have radio sets ready to go.

Two transmitters, one receiver? Well it sure sounds better than two girls, one cup, I'll give you that!
We used to have a moving company called 2 Guys One Truck, they changed it to The Moving Guys, 😂

You can use one transmitter for several cars. But can you also use two transmitters for one car?

I'd like to use a DX5 for most of my fleet but I also go out driving with friends/family sometimes. So they'd need to use a different transmitter with one of my cars.

Is there an easy way to have more than one transmitter bound to a receiver? And just have the receiver recognize whichever transmitter is found at power up?

I'm trying to avoid opening the receiver box and going through the bind process each time.

Thanks.
Funny

I was in the same boat with my DX5C in all my rigs. I decided that the only rigs my friends and family would drive ONLY, Granite and the Vorteks. All others are mine on the DX5C and are off-limit. :LOL:

Just 3 radios and I have been very happy for guest and me.

The only vehicles I prefer to run on two different radios are my two Traxxas 4-Tecs. The Traxxas TQi transmitters allow more than one transmitter to be paired with a single receiver: this works great if I ever want a guest to run one of my 4-Tecs while I run the other one with the transmitter that I normally run all my Traxxas vehicles with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back