2 Broken Spektrum Transmitters in 1 Week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheed85

Very Active Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Typhon 3s
So the power button on my Mojave decides to break randomly during a bash session. I take it apart amd decide it's not worth fixing.

Next day I take my infraction out for a quick spin and the trigger decides to get shifted to one side.

Not sure how either of these happened, but rather than direct replacing I'm thinking of upgrading.

As of right now I'm looking at 3 options:

- Radiolink Rc6GS
-Dumbo RC X6
- DX5 Rugged looks overpriced but I like the look

Budget less than $150 including a few receivers. This will be my first transition away from original radios, but looks like installs are relatively easy?

I appreciate anyone's input for installs or recommendations on radios.

20231112_182912.jpg

20231112_182859.jpg

Impressive, I have never broken one before. I actually really like the SLT3 and DX3.

Looks like some bad luck there, ☹️.
Yea, I like the DX3 and haven't opened it up and may be an easy fix. But the throttle was sticking so I had to shut it down. The SLT3 on the other hand I'm not super fond of, but never gave me any other issues.

I can find replacements relatively cheap on JennysRC, so may end up going that route. Finding less and less time to work on my cars these days

The rugged hasnt given me any issues. Honestly I prefer the DX3's that came with V2 Kraton and Outcast.
Simple adjustments on the fly without getting into screen options.
If you like the new tech stuff you'll like the rugged. 👍😎

Radiolink all day long. Best radio with lots more range and receivers are cheap.
I'm using both a DX5 and RC6GS (now RC8X).
DX5 range is miserable compared to Radiolink. Don't go with the Dumbo, spend the extra few $ and get a solid radio with room to grow instead.
My understanding, both Dumbo and Radiolink are technically identical on the radio, dumbo has less features.

So the power button on my Mojave decides to break randomly during a bash session. I take it apart amd decide it's not worth fixing.

Next day I take my infraction out for a quick spin and the trigger decides to get shifted to one side.

Not sure how either of these happened, but rather than direct replacing I'm thinking of upgrading.

- Radiolink Rc6GS
-Dumbo RC X6

Budget less than $150 including a few receivers. This will be my first transition away from original radios, but looks like installs are relatively easy?

View attachment 331607

View attachment 331608

What's up with that..
You're rough with your transmitters?

What's up with that..
You're rough with your transmitters?
don't know my own strength. Maybe I gotta stop lifting? 💪 haha, but I put them in my backpack with some other gear (batteries, basic tools, blower) maybe I need to get a dedicated case?

Yea, I like the DX3 and haven't opened it up and may be an easy fix. But the throttle was sticking so I had to shut it down. The SLT3 on the other hand I'm not super fond of, but never gave me any other issues.

I can find replacements relatively cheap on JennysRC, so may end up going that route. Finding less and less time to work on my cars these days
I think the SLT3 is pretty comfortable and the extra channel is a nice touch. Something I would like to see standard on the TQi's.

I think the SLT3 is pretty comfortable and the extra channel is a nice touch. Something I would really like to be standard on the TQi's
I didn't think about this, and only 1 year into the hobby now. But technically speaking I could bind another one of my Specktrum Transmitters to my rigs? I'm sure this sounds dumb to any seasoned enthusiasts, but hopefully helps others. It's all new to me since everything I've bought is RTR Arrmas (4 and counting)

I didn't think about this, and only 1 year into the hobby now. But technically speaking I could bind another one of my Specktrum Transmitters to my rigs? I'm sure this sounds dumb to any seasoned enthusiasts, but hopefully helps others. It's all new to me since everything I've bought is RTR Arrmas (4 and counting)
Not at all, and yep you sure can just bind a different remote to the car. There are some here that like the DX5 for this reason (they can bind to the existing receivers they already have).

Last edited:
Check out the DumboRC DDF 350. They’re very new, and right now you can only get them from Ali Express, but I love it so much, I ordered a second one.

Uses all Dumbo receivers, and feels extremely high quality. Only $70-$80 brand new with one 10 channel receiver. You can get 6 channel gyro receivers for like $15 each on Amazon.
IMG_1062.jpeg

IMG_1063.jpeg

IMG_1063.jpeg

IMG_1064.jpeg

IMG_1103.jpeg

IMG_1065.jpeg

Check out the DumboRC DDF 350. They’re very new, and right now you can only get them from Ali Express, but I love it so much, I ordered a second one.

Uses all Dumbo receivers, and feels extremely high quality. Only $70-$80 brand new with one 10 channel receiver. You can get 6 channel gyro receivers for like $15 each on Amazon. View attachment 331629

View attachment 331630

View attachment 331630

View attachment 331631

View attachment 331628

View attachment 331632

That looks like a fully featured remote..
Have you done a review of it yet?

Uses all Dumbo receivers, and feels extremely high quality. Only $70-$80 brand new with one 10 channel receiver. You can get 6 channel gyro receivers for like $15 each on Amazon. View attachment 331629

View attachment 331630

View attachment 331630

View attachment 331631

View attachment 331628

View attachment 331632
Really liking the look of that! How does it feel, quality wise in the hand?
Not at all, and yep you sure can just bind a different remote to the car. There are some here that like the DX5 for this reason (they can bind to the existing receivers they already have).
This is super helpful info and knowledge, and not sure why i didn't understand it at first because it makes perfect sense.

That looks like a fully featured remote..
Have you done a review of it yet?
Really liking the look of that! How does it feel, quality wise in the hand?

This is super helpful info and knowledge, and not sure why i didn't understand it at first because it makes perfect sense.

View attachment 331630

View attachment 331630

View attachment 331631

View attachment 331628

View attachment 331632
That new dumbo looks firee

- Radiolink Rc6GS
-Dumbo RC X6

View attachment 331607

View attachment 331608

A dx5 pro is for sale in classifieds if interested. Save you a few bucks

- Radiolink Rc6GS
-Dumbo RC X6

View attachment 331607

View attachment 331608
I have a DX5C.
In retrospect I wish I never invested in Spektrum or any of their Rx's. AVC feature sucks and their Rx's are finicky and expensive, compared to Radiolink and Flysky Rx's.
I am very happy with the Radiolink RC6GS. Best long range. Full featured. RC4GS will save you a bit more coin. Same performance. Just 2 less channels.
I also have Flysky Noble NB4. These are both great radios at extreme different pricepoints.
Why would you even consider buying another Spektrum Radio, after all this? I hope it's not because you are enticed by the whole Smart Eco thing.(n)
Cut your losses with Spektrum... You have other way better options out there.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back