Typhon Typhon 6s 2018 vs 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want your kid to drive the car.. How old is he?

Id say.. Leave the spektrum in there for a while.. The spektrum radio has a 50% 75% 100% trottle switch on it.. So you can drive it flat out.. And when you hand over the radio to the little one.. Tune it down to 50% and 75% later on.. When hes ready to drive it flat out.. Then put the TXX in..

And just hope for the best the spektrum you get is good and doesn't get you to get a run away V4

Id say.. Leave the spektrum in there for a while.. The spektrum radio has a 50% 75% 100% trottle switch on it.. So you can drive it flat out.. And when you hand over the radio to the little one.. Tune it down to 50% and 75% later on.. When hes ready to drive it flat out.. Then put the TXX in..

And just hope for the best the spektrum you get is good and doesn't get you to get a run away V4

Or maybe even put in both receivers.. Theres more than enough room in the box to fit both.. If you drive it.. Take the TXX.. When you give it to the little one.. Just switch out all cables.. Takes like 5mins imo..

Cons: switching cables
Pro: engine cools off when you are switching cables

Also.. Bein said its a 4s/6s car.. If you take a 50c 5000+ amp 3s Lipo.. You can also run it on 3s..

Last edited:

Or maybe even put in both receivers.. Theres more than enough room in the box to fit both.. If you drive it.. Take the TXX.. If you take the little one.. Just switch out all cables.. Takes like 5mins imo
Yess I've read that too and it's an option for sure.
Was my first plan also but we also want to drive together otherwise it goes the whole time like, daddy when may I drive? haha

And ordered the tactic so when I get the car and I've got problems with the spectrum,I can swap them .

He is 7 years old

Yess I've read that too and it's an option for sure.
Was my first plan also but we also want to drive together otherwise it goes the whole time like, daddy when may I drive? haha

And ordered the tactic so when I get the car and I've got problems with the spectrum,I can swap them .

He is 7 years old

Only 7! Wow!

Mine is 11yo.. I figured.. Lets go out with my 16yo carson nitro on-road.. Didnt work out..
I bought him a T2M buggy.. Does around 35kmh.. Loads of fun.. And was only 139eu.. Comes with the batteries.. Extra sets of those cost 15eu!

http://t2m-rc.fr/modelisme-voiture-electrique-t2m-pirate-tracker-1-10-T4940.html
Only 7! Wow!

Mine is 11yo.. I figured.. Lets go out with my 16yo carson nitro on-road.. Didnt work out..
I bought him a T2M buggy.. Does around 35kmh.. Loads of fun.. And was only 139eu.. Comes with the batteries.. Extra sets of those cost 15eu!

http://t2m-rc.fr/modelisme-voiture-electrique-t2m-pirate-tracker-1-10-T4940.html

In fact.. That thingy made me buy my Arrma.. Bein able to drive on different terrain other then pavement with him.. LOL..

Only 7! Wow!

In fact.. That thingy made me buy my Arrma.. Bein able to drive on different terrain other then pavement with him.. LOL..

That's why I think the typhon is too fast for the little man . And brushless also . That's why I'm thinking to get him that granite mega

That's why I think the typhon is too fast for the little man . And brushless also . That's why I'm thinking to get him that granite mega

Its kinda tough makin a dissicion on what to buy.. I had the same issue.. Eventually.. I figured.. I want it to be stable.. As in.. Not rolling over all the time.. Cause whats the fun in walkin to it to put it upright again.. And wheelies.. Yep.. They are fun.. But with the wheels up all the time.. Steering isnt that easy.. LOL
Its kinda tough makin a dissicion on what to buy.. I had the same issue.. Eventually.. I figured.. I want it to be stable.. As in.. Not rolling over all the time.. Cause whats the fun in walkin to it to put it upright again.. And wheelies.. Yep.. They are fun.. But with the wheels up all the time.. Steering isnt that easy.. LOL

Mine is like:

"Dad, i don't feel like walking over.. Will you crash into it to put it back on its wheels"

Last edited:
I’m also from the Netherlands, I haven’t tried ordering from Jennyrc but be prepared to pay administration costs ( €12 to €18 depending on the shipping company) and 21% vat (in the Netherlands it’s called btw).
I myself bought this for my Kraton V4 https://www.conrad.nl/p/reely-gt6-e...4-ghz-aantal-kanalen-6-incl-ontvanger-1780646 it’s a flysky GT5 clone but it’s for sure better then the Spectrum STX2 and it has more options than the Tactic transmitter.
There is a kit breaker in the UK who is part of this forum. @Badtouch The basher. You might want to look into costs from him, and hopefully avoid some of the fees associated with ordering from the US.

There is a kit breaker in the UK who is part of this forum. @Badtouch The basher. You might want to look into costs from him, and hopefully avoid some of the fees associated with ordering from the US.

Those US import fees to NLD are crazy!

Under 22€ - no problem
Between 22€ and 150€ - 21% tax
Above 150€ - 4% customs clearance and 21% tax

So, final price goes up about 20 to 25% and shipping takes about 15 to 20€

Import from the UK.. Cause of bein it EU (for now) does mean we wont have to pay the 21%

Those US import fees to NLD are crazy!

Under 22€ - no problem
Between 22€ and 150€ - 21% tax
Above 150€ - 4% customs clearance and 21% tax

So, final price goes up about 20 to 25% and shipping takes about 15 to 20€

Import from the UK.. Cause of bein it EU (for now) does mean we wont have to pay the 21%
I'm in Canada, and I too have been hit with added fees for shipments from the US. Not always, as some packages seem to slide through unnoticed. Canada has a 13% tax on everything we buy. When Canada Customs stops one of my packages, the 13% is automatic, but they also tack on a customs fee, which is equal to about another 15%. It has made me very wary of ordering from the US, but some of the parts we need can only be sourced through American suppliers. What to do, What to do..........

I'm in Canada, and I too have been hit with added fees for shipments from the US. Not always, as some packages seem to slide through unnoticed. Canada has a 13% tax on everything we buy. When Canada Customs stops one of my packages, the 13% is automatic, but they also tack on a customs fee, which is equal to about another 15%. It has made me very wary of ordering from the US, but some of the parts we need can only be sourced through American suppliers. What to do, What to do..........

We can get stuff in without the fees.. Cause we only need to pay them when we buy from a company.. If we buy from another individual we don't need to pay the fees.. My moms uncle used to live in the US.. I had al sorts of stuff shipped to him all the time, mostly free domestic within US.. And then let him ship directly to me.. Declaring the goods as gifts..

We can get stuff in without the fees.. Cause we only need to pay them when we buy from a company.. If we buy from another individual we don't need to pay the fees.. My moms uncle used to live in the US.. I had al sorts of stuff shipped to him all the time, mostly free domestic within US.. And then let him ship directly to me.. Declaring the goods as gifts..

Nice ?

Just received the tactic ttx300 from Jenny's and the turnigy d6 pro at the same time !

One from the US and the other from the UK

Now let's get me the Typhon v4 !

Attachments

• 20190618_152358.jpg
    20190618_152358.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 48
Hi. Does the V4 Typhon 6s body fit on the V3 Typhon 6s? Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back