Typhon Typhon XL drag build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a Typhon XL that I threw together using a 6s typhon slider, an M2c speed/drag chassis, and some other various parts left over from other builds. Built to take the abuse from a CC 2028 1700kv… Basically the RC car version of a modern day American muscle car. Long chassis, lightweight components, and a ridiculously over powered motor… 💪🤘🤙

IMG_0403.jpeg

IMG_0405.jpeg

IMG_0406.jpeg

IMG_0407.jpeg

This is a Typhon XL that I threw together using a 6s typhon slider, an M2c speed/drag chassis, and some other various parts left over from other builds. Built to take the abuse from a CC 2028 1700kv… Basically the RC car version of a modern day American muscle car. Long chassis, lightweight components, and a ridiculously over powered motor… 💪🤘🤙

View attachment 333595

View attachment 333596

View attachment 333597

View attachment 333598

Call it TuPhast!

Belt drive?
Yes. You are correct.. belt drive. She’s quiet. Very very sneaky, sir.
Please tell more about the belt drive setup!
It’s a custom setup that I built from cheap Amazon parts. I believe it’s a 15mm wide belt (3m 168 pulley belt) with a 16mm wide 3m synchronous pulley (44/20 tooth). if I’m correct the 3m means there one tooth for every 3 mm. So a 168 belt would have 56 teeth. A 5m belt is 1 tooth for every 5 mm. Similar to mod1 pinion vs mod 1.5.. on a 1/5 scale 8s+ setup I would def run a 5m pulley/belt. Hope that helps 👍 keep in mind that the shorter the belt, the quicker response it will have. That’s what I have read at least. Also I just used the 8mm shaft from like if you were to make a spool gear setup. Just use the pulley in place of the spool gear. 16mm fits perfectly needing nothing but maybe a shim or 2 on each side before the bearings. Let me know if you need help finding any of the parts if you end up wanting to build one.

Last edited:
Yes. You are correct.. belt drive. She’s quiet. Very very sneaky, sir.

It’s a custom setup that I built from cheap Amazon parts. I believe it’s a 15mm wide belt (3m 168 pulley belt) with a 16mm wide 3m synchronous pulley (44/20 tooth). if I’m correct the 3m means there one tooth for every 3 mm. So a 168 belt would have 56 teeth. A 5m belt is 1 tooth for every 5 mm. Similar to mod1 pinion vs mod 1.5.. on a 1/5 scale 8s+ setup I would def run a 5m pulley/belt. Hope that helps 👍 keep in mind that the shorter the belt, the quicker response it will have. That’s what I have read at least. Also I just used the 8mm shaft from like if you were to make a spool gear setup. Just use the pulley in place of the spool gear. 16mm fits perfectly needing nothing but maybe a shim or 2 on each side before the bearings. Let me know if you need help finding any of the parts if you end up wanting to build one.

Do you have individual pictures of the center pulley itself?
Is it just a pulley.. not a diff anymore , correct?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back