Typical driving time Kraton 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Dude

Very Active Member
Reaction score
What is your typical driving time with the Kraton 8s and what Lipo capacity are you using?

Just wondering about what size lipo I need or if existing lipos are enough.

Last edited:
I get about 20 min of light bashing on the stock setup with Powerhobby 8000mah 100c, But if I'm Sending it I get about 15min.
Depends indeed a lot on the type of driving.
I also get about 20min of very light bashing, however really sending it drops to max 10min with 8000mAh lipo's (800kV/Max5).
My 5000mAh's can't handle the strain, get hot or puff, so I keep them for the 4S-cars.
For this heavy-weight rig I prefer 8000-11000mAh.

Wondering if it would make sense to stack 4s 6000mAh over each other. Two on each side. That would be about 9cm high. The lipo holder is only 4cm high. So it would need some kind of strap to keep it in place. But with hard bashing I don't think it would stay in place. Any suggestions?

Wondering if it would make sense to stack 4s 6000mAh over each other. Two on each side. That would be about 9cm high. The lipo holder is only 4cm high. So it would need some kind of strap to keep it in place. But with hard bashing I don't think it would stay in place. Any suggestions?

On 6S cars I often use non-slip cupboard inlay mats between 2 lipo's, and then very tightly strapped in 2 directions.
But I've never tried this with the bigger 4S hardcase lipo's, I doubt that would survive the kind of bashing I put the K8S through.

something like this: https://www.amazon.nl/Hersvin-Plank...locphy=1001153&hvtargid=pla-672915349197&th=1

I use aquarium mats. Very thin and are put under aquariums. Like a thin sport mat.

Double stacking won't do it if they are too high. Just looking at the Gen#s Ace 8000 4s2p. Any opinion on those?

I run
I use aquarium mats. Very thin and are put under aquariums. Like a thin sport mat.

Double stacking won't do it if they are too high. Just looking at the Gen#s Ace 8000 4s2p. Any opinion on those?

In the 3s batteries I have more fun with the Gens 6800mah 120c batteries than the 8000 100c. So I bought the Gens 6800 120c 4S for my O8. Haven't measured actual runtime so can't comment as to how long they last.

What do you mean with more fun? More power or because you also use them in other rc cars?

If you wire each stacked side in Parallel, you can achieve 12,000mah on each side and wire both stacked lipo sides in Series. Ending up with 8s at 12k mah.

What do you mean with more fun? More power or because you also use them in other rc cars?

I think the higher c rating is better than the higher mah rating. If my kid and I are out and both have 6s rigs running side by side the batteries provide almost the exact same run time and the 120c def have a harder punch. We have swapped cars mid driving and still both hit our lv warning really close to the same time.

@SrC - the parallel and stacking is what I meant. Just the top lipo ist not fastened enough for bashing.

If you wire each side in Parallel, you can achieve 12,000mah on each side and wire both stacked lipo sides in Series.

at that point just run the 11,000 mah Gens bashing batteries. Direct fit for the Kraton and they are only 5mm too long for the Outcast in stock configuration (can drill and move the battery mounts).

Thought about getting a strap lengthwise. But it needs a wall in front in case I nosedive I don't want the lipo to move.

Not so happy about 4s2p in a hardcase. Can't see if something is damaged and 2p means there is just more that can move and get loose. Good the hear there is more punch on the 6800 120C.

If you hit the LV warning at the same time the battery with the higher capacity definitely already has been damaged. Once you hit LV warning the lipo has already taken damage. Should stop driving at about 30% capacity.

Last edited:
I was thinking of getting a Kraton 8S EXB, but this thread worries me. I already have lots of 4S batteries around 5000 - 6500KV including some Turnigy Rapid 5500mAh 140C. Now I'm worried I might not get more than 10 min runtime from them and I don't really want to go out and buy a bunch more batteries.

I'm torn between a K8S and a K6S as it is, but was leaning towards the K8S because my son already has a K6S.

K8 is half the driving time of a K6. It's just double the weight and huge compared to the K6. If you like huge and have - why not... Do you drive the K6 on 4s or 6s?

Just bought 90C CNHL 9500mAH 4s. Then I have four 5800mAH that I can use parallel as 11600mAh 8s. The are not too high so I can stack them without an extra strap.

Used to have the DBXLE 2.0. That one I just wanted to drive full speed all the time. Stacking the lipos did not work as one lipo would hit against the center tower when bashing. 7 Minutes pretty much full speed on dust with 7000mAh 8s. If you don't just race but have a bit of a slower area to drive with some sand hills to jump you get about double time.

You can just about get a Mojave and a K6 for the money you would put into a K8 with lipos.

K8 is half the driving time of a K6. It's just double the weight and huge compared to the K6. If you like huge and have - why not... Do you drive the K6 on 4s or 6s?
Currently got 6 x 4s and 1 x 6s lipos, but the 4s lipos are also used in a Losi 8ight buggy. With a 20T pinion the K6 is still reasonably quick on 4s and wild on 6s.

You can just about get a Mojave and a K6 for the money you would put into a K8 with lipos.
With the build specs I'm looking at - both EXB's, the K8 would be £1,130 and the K6 would be £860. That's without additional lipos.

The lipos are a big one. Otherwise you are just taking away driving time from your son. And perhaps extra chargers.

Worst case you drive, don't like it for whatever reason and sell it again. Done that many times.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back