Typhon Used Typhon 3s pricing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I bought a Typhon 6s a couple of months ago and am getting ready to sell my 3s version (needs slipper hub/spur gear). What would a reasonable price range be based on what it is and the changes I've made to it?

Upgrades/Parts
RPM front arms installed, RPM rear arms included but not installed yet
Hot Racing pivot ball set installed
Kraton 4s front bumper and rear wing
6s shocks
Spare parts:
3 rear driveshafts
4 Granite axles and HR 12mm hexes for running 12mm wheels/tires

The stock esc works but tends to hit LVC at 3.6v so the run time isn't long with a 5200mah battery. I have a new BLX100 esc still boxed and unopened I can include if someone is planning to run the stock electronics, but would love to keep it for a future build, lol. I was thinking in the range of $225-$300, is something in that range reasonable? I have the original box and could ship it but never shipped anything that large and not sure how much that would affect pricing. Any suggestions are appreciated.

You can buy a new one on Amazon for $340 and if you can find a “like new” unit it’s like $30 off of that. The slipper set alone costs upwards of $40 on JRC so you asking close to 300 seems steep for needing an esc and slipper assembly. I’d say the onl thing on there worth anything are the 6s shocks and even to someone like me I’d still opt for a new car to have he warranty.

The 3s lineup I think is harder to sell a used unit. I purchased a used notorious in fully stock and running from after multiple 3s cars in my lineup. I feel most people getting into the 3s line aren’t looking for “upgrades.” Just my $.02.

I have the spare slipper set I am installing, thats what I meant by getting ready to sell, want to make sure its running right. The esc works fine except the higher voltage cutoff and some people say they just run higher mah batteries to deal with it. I have a brand new BLX100 still in the box I was going to install but just wanted anyone planning on dropping a Hobbywing or Castle in it to know I'd rather keep the spare BLX100, I could just drop the price another $30-$40 if I hang on to it.
I'm not trying to charge more because of upgrades, I just don't know what these things really sell for because I see used stuff listed for way more than I'm asking, but those may never sell at those prices, I don't know what people actually pay. Probably by the time shipping costs are figured in I might as well try and sell it on craigslist first and if it doesn't sell there just toss it, lol.

You can buy a new one on Amazon for $340 and if you can find a “like new” unit it’s like $30 off of that. The slipper set alone costs upwards of $40 on JRC so you asking close to 300 seems steep for needing an esc and slipper assembly. I’d say the onl thing on there worth anything are the 6s shocks and even to someone like me I’d still opt for a new car to have he warranty.

The 3s lineup I think is harder to sell a used unit. I purchased a used notorious in fully stock and running from after multiple 3s cars in my lineup. I feel most people getting into the 3s line aren’t looking for “upgrades.” Just my $.02.
Yup there is a used one in the classifieds right now for $200 it doesn't need any parts and has been sitting there for a few weeks.

Sounds like more hassle than its worth to sell, maybe I'll just get it running one more time and toss a 20t or 21t pinion on it and see what a concrete wall at 50mph does to an rc :LOL:. Really loved the way this thing handled and it was the easiest to jump out the 3 rc's I own. Its just this thing has been flat out fragile compared to my Stampede and Typhon 6s, not gonna spend another dime on it for parts or wait 1-2 weeks on warranty parts that just fail again in 3 or 4 runs.
I'll just keep the brand new BLX100 for a future 2wd Bandit build.

Sounds like more hassle than its worth to sell, maybe I'll just get it running one more time and toss a 20t or 21t pinion on it and see what a concrete wall at 50mph does to an rc :LOL:. Really loved the way this thing handled and it was the easiest to jump out the 3 rc's I own. Its just this thing has been flat out fragile compared to my Stampede and Typhon 6s, not gonna spend another dime on it for parts or wait 1-2 weeks on warranty parts that just fail again in 3 or 4 runs.
I'll just keep the brand new BLX100 for a future 2wd Bandit build.
I had the same experience with my 3s Typhon it was always breaking something and my Stampede would take hits like a champ. I think I'm just going to use it as a spare parts vehicle for my nephews Senton, which is also always broken.

I paid $225 for ours, it was a month old and came with 2 batteries and a charger, For here that was a bargain. They usually are asking about $300 and won't budge much.

+1
Well stated.
Move up to a 6s rig and don't look back.:D
I don't feel the 4x4 rigs are worth upgrading, considering their initial price point vs. the high cost of upgrade parts. You end up always needing upgrades to address inherent 4x4 flaws. Shocks being one main caveat out the box with the 4x4 platform. Upgrading to the 6s shocks alone represents almost 30% of the price of a 4x4 rig right there. Makes no sense to me.
6s platform is best for this reason and many others. You have to own a 6s rig to understand this best.
:cool:

Last edited:
+1
Well stated.
I don't feel the 4x4 rigs are worth upgrading, considering their initial price point vs. the high cost of upgrade parts. You end up always needing upgrades to address inherent 4x4 flaws. Shocks being one main caveat out the box with the 4x4 platform. Upgrading to the 6s shocks alone represents almost 30% of the price of a 4x4 rig right there. Makes no sense to me.
6s platform is best for this reason and many others. You have to own a 6s rig to understand this best.
The 4x4 platform had so much potential but they made too many stupid design decisions.

Arrma - Hey let's make the worst motor module design we can think of, oh yeah it definitely has to be bad and let's make sure that dirt and dust gets trapped in there so it destroys all of the bearings. We will make a video of how easy it is to remove the motor module from the car but in reality you will need 3 hands to get the damn thing out. Also the slipper has to be super easy to break, let's use a m2.5 through the middle of it to hold it together and make it out of some sort of Chinesium so it breaks all the time. Next we are going to integrate the lower part of the bulkhead into the chassis then the upper part is going to have the shock tower integrated into it. Oh yeah and let's use plastic driveshafts just like Traxxas has used for decades that are known to break constantly. Next we are going to make plastic shocks with rod ends that are molded onto the shock shafts so people can't replace the rod ends oh yeah and they will leak like a siv too. This is going to be the best little pile of crap rc car that anyone can buy.

+1
Well stated.
I have a 6s Typhon which is why I won't waste anymore money fixing the 3s, lol.
We will make a video of how easy it is to remove the motor module from the car but in reality you will need 3 hands to get the damn thing out. Also the slipper has to be super easy to break, let's use a m2.5 through the middle of it to hold it together and make it out of some sort of Chinesium so it breaks all the time. Next we are going to integrate the lower part of the bulkhead into the chassis then the upper part is going to have the shock tower integrated into it. Oh yeah and let's use plastic driveshafts just like Traxxas has used for decades that are known to break constantly. Next we are going to make plastic shocks with rod ends that are molded onto the shock shafts so people can't replace the rod ends oh yeah and they will leak like a siv too. This is going to be the best little pile of crap rc car that anyone can buy.
Lol, I've removed the motor module 20-25 times and every time I still end up spending 5 minutes carefully prying it out 1mm at a time with a flathead, thought it was just me! And the Chinesium slipper... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I have a 6s Typhon which is why I won't waste anymore money fixing the 3s, lol.

Lol, I've removed the motor module 20-25 times and every time I still end up spending 5 minutes carefully prying it out 1mm at a time with a flathead, thought it was just me! And the Chinesium slipper... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It seriously took me 45 minutes to get mine off the first time, even with prying some dumbass put either loctite or superglue on the slipper hub where it attaches to the diff pinion gear.

It seriously took me 45 minutes to get mine off the first time, even with prying some dumbass put either loctite or superglue on the slipper hub where it attaches to the diff pinion gear.
I broke the tab on mine the 1st time I tried to take it out, then resorted to a 20" long bladed screwdriver to pry that sucker out!

I guess I was lucky, mine popped right out. But then again, it had never been ran.

I don’t bash my 3s mega hard. Small skate park and mostly flat land and as long as it stays upright, my only real issues is the spur or rear diff input after a long time.

I have spent over $700 on parts & upgrades over 3 months on My Typhon 3S, and still can't get the car to work. I wrote it off as a loss, and bought a new Vortek, since parts should be backwards compatible. I will buy a 6S Typhon next

I have spent over $700 on parts & upgrades over 3 months on My Typhon 3S, and still can't get the car to work. I wrote it off as a loss, and bought a new Vortek, since parts should be backwards compatible. I will buy a 6S Typhon next
Probably spent the same on my typhon 6s in the last 4 months but now it's an absolute tank/missile!! I had a 3s first, wrecked it within 2 wks, then bought the 6s while waiting for parts. Still have a 3s typhon in bags of parts - can't put the 6s down long enough to build it.🤷‍♂️

I have probably spent over $500 on my Granite Mega that I converted to a Typhon 4s over the course of 2 years. If I were to ever buy a 6s, I'd probably give it to my son. I bought him a Redcat Blackout. Talk about a nightmare vehicle to work on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back