Typhon v5 Typhon 6s why not a new build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another new PB with the v5 speed build. Not a big jump at all and had a close call but saved it thank God😨.

Well put some of my vacation payout into the build...

Delta plastics Maserati MC 12 corsa gt body
Spaz stix gold to red color change and candy orange paint
New cnhl racing series 5200 90c 6s pack
Oh and a MMX8S ESC 😜

Those rear mud flaps are probable not helping if top speed is your goal

Maybe moot if you add a GT body :)
They are long gone, same with the front bumper 👍

MMX8S came in today got everything soldered and ready to go. Went with 5mm connections for the motor wires.
IMG_20210201_194123330.jpg

New GT Maserati body trimmed and workin on getting the MMX8S mounted up🤘😎 Typhon is staring to look like a speed rig for sure now. Man I did not realize how BIG these GT body's are, holy $hit!!! Hope I bought enough paint 😱🤣
IMG_20210202_214429803.jpg

IMG_20210202_213856662.jpg

IMG_20210202_213949875.jpg

IMG_20210202_214330331.jpg

Limitless spool finally came today, thanks @Boggs3010 , after it took a vacation to Hawaii, being shipped from Florida to California 🤦 Guess I'm going to have to dive in head first as smallest pinion with stock motor mount and 34t spool I could get on was 26t. Be a big jump over the 42t spool and 25t pinion from my last runs. But last run was 76mph so a jump to 100+ shouldn't be that bad right?😜
IMG_20210203_161533546.jpg

IMG_20210203_161545730.jpg

Last edited:
Limitless spool finally came today, thanks @Boggs3010 , after it took a vacation to Hawaii, being shipped from Florida to California 🤦 Guess I'm going to have to dive in head first as smallest pinion with stock motor mount and 32t spool I could get on was 26t. Be a big jump over the 42t spool and 25t pinion from my last runs. But last run was 76mph so a jump to 100+ shouldn't be that bad right?😜
View attachment 124476

View attachment 124475
Thank you good trade for us both. No extra $$ out of pocket to both get what we wanted. It definitely went the scenic route.

Thank you good trade for us both. No extra $$ out of pocket to both get what we wanted. It definitely went the scenic route.
That's for sure! Thanks again bro appreciate it and I'll for sure mention ya so you can see the first run and results with the new setup changes. Should be substantial though with the change in gearing, the new MMX8S and GT body😍

My lim has a stock spool at 34T. The smallest Pinion with the 34 Spur gear is 27t (include gear/ stock mount) The optional 29T maybe to small for you (you wanted a larger Pinion?) Just curious why you want a smaller Pinion. Unless you want to off road it at some point perhaps?

In any event, on paper 8s, 2050kv, 26p/32sp and those wheels shows 162mph
on 6s-122mph. My lim on 6s, 2050kv, 27/ 34 (stock spool btw) shows 119mph.
Just need to find the space for all this speed.
You should be in the 100mph club soon enough 👍

My lim has a stock spool at 34T
My bad meant to put 34t spool, I just got a 32t for my other spool🤦 so running 26/34 gearing. Wanted to start out with a smaller pinion and work up as I was running 25/42 gearing 76mph PB, so it's just a big jump to 26/34 gearing 110mph+/-

Yes. I got ya..... I see. These high speeds get real critical with Gearing and all. Not like regular bashing etc.
I use a speed calculator with my lim. and infr..
I go to install the speed gear finally in the Infr. ( never removed the stock gear) 18t. I dig out the manual and the speed gear Card with the SPeed gear kit that says Infr bla bla blah 80+ mph. I install the gear and do some passes and I only go from 62mph to 67mph consistently for weeks. Like an idiot I take all apart examine the drivetrain rebuild the diffs, put 550k in the center, check motor bearing relube rebuild that, put the motor on my motor analyzer, and see it will put out 1950 kv legit.. I go test it out and its still doing 67mph consistently. I am saying what the crap is this? Everyone does 80mph with the Infr. and speed gear. Weeks later I plug in all the numbers in the speed calculator and I realize that Arrma sent me a 20T pinion. Me like an idiot didnt realize for weeks. I used the calculator to plug in 80mph and it showed I needed a 27 pinion with the stock 46 Infr Spur.. I checked on the Arrma site and low behold I had the wrong speed gear in there. Ordered a Tekno 27 T gear and now just waiting till 2 feet of snow disappears like around Spring. (n) :rolleyes:Bashing season is over for me here for a while. I should have caught that wrong gear like real fast. I felt like an idiot.:ROFLMAO:

Yes. I got ya..... I see. These high speeds get real critical with Gearing and all. Not like regular bashing etc.
I use a speed calculator with my lim. and infr..
I go to install the speed gear finally in the Infr. ( never removed the stock gear) 18t. I dig out the manual and the speed gear Card with the SPeed gear kit that says Infr bla bla blah 80+ mph. I install the gear and do some passes and I only go from 62mph to 67mph consistently for weeks. Like an idiot I take all apart examine the drivetrain rebuild the diffs, put 550k in the center, check motor bearing relube rebuild that, put the motor on my motor analyzer, and see it will put out 1950 kv legit.. I go test it out and its still doing 67mph consistently. I am saying what the crap is this? Everyone does 80mph with the Infr. and speed gear. Weeks later I plug in all the numbers in the speed calculator and I realize that Arrma sent me a 20T pinion. Me like an idiot didnt realize for weeks. I used the calculator to plug in 80mph and it showed I needed a 27 pinion with the stock 46 Infr Spur.. I checked on the Arrma site and low behold I had the wrong speed gear in there. Ordered a Tekno 27 T gear and now just waiting till 2 feet of snow disappears like around Spring. (n) :rolleyes:Bashing season is over for me here for a while. I should have caught that wrong gear like real fast. I felt like an idiot.:ROFLMAO:
Ya I'm kinda in the same boat been getting snow lately so been working on the Typhon for when I can run again. That sucks they gave a 20t over 27t as that's a big jump. I use a speed calculator also but also it said I'd hit 70mph on 25/42 and I hit 76mph and didn't get a good pass so it's not always right but is helpful definitely.

Pictures do absolutely no justice as this paint is gorgeous😍! But here's the progress of the body so far, waiting on my other gold to red color change paint to finish the back end.
IMG_20210204_094733969_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210204_094745298_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210204_094920219_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Ya I'm kinda in the same boat been getting snow lately so been working on the Typhon for when I can run again. That sucks they gave a 20t over 27t as that's a big jump. I use a speed calculator also but also it said I'd hit 70mph on 25/42 and I hit 76mph and didn't get a good pass so it's not always right but is helpful definitely.
It not always right. It can be conservative or over the actual. Sometimes drivetrain factors and even a new set of Ball bearings or new diff ring and input gears not broken in affects speed. A break in usually brings slightly faster speeds. But the calculator is pretty dam close IMHO. A great tool.

Video of the body in the sun😍
Made it out for some test runs with all the changes and running the new GT body. Started with 3s(50mph) to get it running straight and make sure the new body wasn't going to cause lift off 🚀 Went well besides the front of my body rubbing the ground 😖 Trimmed it up and went for a 6s pass at 70% limited throttle with a new PB of 84mph!!! Surprised the $hit out of me 😱 I was soo happy and to think 84mph on only 70%!!! 100mph club here I come 🤘👊
Screenshot_20210207-131633.png

Last edited:
Here's video from yesterday's test runs.
Went well besides the front of the new body scraping the ground😖 also had some good squatting so chassis got a bit scraped up but just put some 2000cst in rear shocks and they are good to go now. Again this is why I didn't want to go balls out as it's all a learning process and I don't want to wreck my let's just say expensive build on the first couple runs👍 Here's my poor body😥
Before
IMG_20210205_204918783.jpg

After
IMG_20210208_132010238.jpg

Body's sitting little sideways so that's why tires sticking out so far in front.

Got a nice sunny day so went out for some more runs before the next few days of snow stops me for a while. Made some adjustments, added a front bumper to help with the body flex, 2000cst oil in rear shocks to help with the squatting. Everything went well set a new PB, you have to watch the video to the end to see but I'll say it was over 10mph over the last PB of 84mph and I'm still on 75% throttle, what!?!?

Think I can say 100mph mark hit, ran 100 and then 101mph today👊🤘 smallest pinion that will fit also with the Limitless spool not too shabby. 110mph next goal..... Here's todays runs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back