Kraton [VIDEO] After SERVO finally died... Savox 1210sg with Hot Racing Arm and Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! I know there are other servos out there.... Rich Duperbash mentioned one that RCDude told him about that's a little cheaper so if this one dies I might try that.

I was not happy about spending $130 - $150 on all that stuff. Esp for a $499 rig.

But I guess it happens!

Hey guys if this helps anyone...(*learning as I go)

Just had the inevitable servo death on the Kraton and the arm bolt got stripped.

Then I stripped the new mount... so here's my warning of what NOT to do when mounting :)

But I like the Savox 1210sg.

Dude. Do you have a manicure? Be honest ?

Attachments

• 5FCC5AF8-C493-4760-9828-00A384B2F126.jpeg
    5FCC5AF8-C493-4760-9828-00A384B2F126.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 56
Does anyone know the size screw one would need for that arm that goes between the servo horn and the steering rack in the video up top? It needs to be longer now that you need that spacer in there. I just ran into this problem today and trying to figure what I size in length i need to get. Thanks guys!

my screw and nut got snapped off my servo yesterday. east fix. had another broken screw also on the rear turnbuckle tierod? I think is the name

Hey guys if this helps anyone...(*learning as I go)

Just had the inevitable servo death on the Kraton and the arm bolt got stripped.

Then I stripped the new mount... so here's my warning of what NOT to do when mounting :)

But I like the Savox 1210sg.

Great video. Was wondering how long is that screw you had to replace in the video? The part that connects to the steering rack that needed a spacer to level that piece going from the servo horn to the steering rack? Thanks in advance.

Anyone know if I actually need these rubber things where the servo screws to the mount? The arm sits at an angle and I could correct it maybe by not using them but I don't want to break the servo mount holes. Thanks.

Attachments

• 15918995429302964762910143175352.jpg
    15918995429302964762910143175352.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 38
Anyone know if I actually need these rubber things where the servo screws to the mount? The arm sits at an angle and I could correct it maybe by not using them but I don't want to break the servo mount holes. Thanks.
No not needed w the HR mount

Thank you. I did not put them on. Drove it today for the first time since getting servo/mount installed. Considerably better and more accurate than stock because there's no more flex in the mount. Looks pretty nice too!
No not needed w the HR mount

how do you like the 1210? I’m on my 3rd servo. Just popped another 3225 for $25 in and I’m back online.

I am wondering if the added weight of the m2c and hotracing upgrades etc is causing me to slap the ground more, giving my servo a beating?

do i need new / heavier shock fluid?

If it means longevity I’d buy the 1210 - and assuming it fits right in no issue?

My 1210 didn’t last long at all. The wire got beat up and when I went to remove it from the HR mount it biffed the wire.
I’ve got the m2c and a ton of other thicker heavier upgrades so now I’ve got ReefsRC Tripple 4.
fuckin mint

Attachments

• 8531B442-D9AB-4549-8B3B-E082C3E26871.jpeg
    8531B442-D9AB-4549-8B3B-E082C3E26871.jpeg
    230 KB · Views: 37
My 1210 didn’t last long at all. The wire got beat up and when I went to remove it from the HR mount it biffed the wire.
I’ve got the m2c and a ton of other thicker heavier upgrades so now I’ve got ReefsRC Tripple 4.
fuckin mint
thx for the reply boss - did the servo just fit right in the hr servo mount no prob?

how do you like the 1210? I’m on my 3rd servo. Just popped another 3225 for $25 in and I’m back online.

I am wondering if the added weight of the m2c and hotracing upgrades etc is causing me to slap the ground more, giving my servo a beating?

do i need new / heavier shock fluid?

If it means longevity I’d buy the 1210 - and assuming it fits right in no issue?
I don't have the 1210. I bought the SC 1256TG. It's a savox servo. It's good but I've only had it in a day so far. The Hot Racing mount is taller than stock so even if you buy a shorter servo, you will need a spacer on that little arm that goes from the servo horn to the steering rack. The spacer goes on the rack side. If you do have trouble and need to know about that spacer etc. I can help with that. It is heavier than stock but whether it's imbalanced or not will depend on your batteries on the other side etc. if it is imbalanced, you could put in heavier batteries I suppose but that's expensive. Not sure what's the BEST thing to do if it's getting too heavy on one side.. also, you could add counter weights on the other side but that may not be desirable to you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back