Vorteks Vorteks on 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Decided today to convert my Vorteks to 4s. Basically I changed the esc to a hobbywing 4s esc. Before the change, the car could do around 60mph. So I decided to take it easy on the first run. I set the power level to 50% on the radio. The car hit 58mph!!!😳

Decided today to convert my Vorteks to 4s. Basically I changed the esc to a hobbywing 4s esc. Before the change, the car could do around 60mph. So I decided to take it easy on the first run. I set the power level to 50% on the radio. The car hit 58mph!!!😳
Is that all you changed? Did you do anything for the difs? Change to metal diffs or upgrade anything else?

I put a HW MaxSCT combo in my Typho and got it up to 70MPH across a bumpy farm paddock before stripping a rear diff input gear.

Was crazy fast and couldn't keep the front end down.

Heaps of fun!!

I put a HW MaxSCT combo in my Typho and got it up to 70MPH across a bumpy farm paddock before stripping a rear diff input gear.

Was crazy fast and couldn't keep the front end down.

Heaps of fun!!
Ideally I think the diffs,input gears and slipper all need to be changed to metal to stop them shredding...you could try to put heavier diff oils and gear up to enable higher speeds and hold power down....all you need is a long runway now

Ideally I think the diffs,input gears and slipper all need to be changed to metal to stop them shredding...you could try to put heavier diff oils and gear up to enable higher speeds and hold power down....all you need is a long runway now
If was going to run it on 4S regularly I would do exactly that, but it mainly gets 3S.
I know I broke the rear diff by not backing off the throttle when the wheels were in the air. I was trying to see how fast I could go with no mechanical sympathy at the time. I knew the diff would not last long.

The key is the long runway...and no obstacles :ROFLMAO:

I'm shopping for some bits also for the vorteks but also have a kraton 6s so I'm contemplating which to mess about with wanna do the vorteks but the kraton is a stronger built machine which can take more abuse..probably will start with diffs and clutch on vorteks first and then bang in a esc eventually...smaller machines are so much more nimble!!
Just turned up....stripped mine out also a few days ago hahaha
Just turned up....stripped mine out also a few days ago hahaha

Attachments

• 16999561789852407032949166667015.jpg
    16999561789852407032949166667015.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Back