waaaa : arrma typhon 6s esc troubleshooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hello World ;-)

I bought the "arrma typhon 6s" some time ago, and while I was trying to start the car, the car appeared to be "dead" (no fan spinning, no any kind of lights); I then disconnected everything from the receiver, motor and tried to turn the car on again, yet still no fans nor lights.

How does one goes about by troubleshooting it further?

Attaching picture (before car died 😭)

272857671_1004803473581301_7070738668067077088_n.jpeg

Please advise)
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Hello World ;-)

I bought the "arrma typhon 6s" some time ago, and while I was trying to start the car, the car appeared to be "dead" (no fan spinning, no any kind of lights); I then disconnected everything from the receiver, motor and tried to turn the car on again, yet still no fans nor lights.

How does one goes about by troubleshooting it further?

Attaching picture (before car died 😭)

View attachment 284632

Please advise)
Thank you in advance!

Could you clarify "some time ago..."
like a few weeks, a couple of months ,or several years?

Last edited:
by connecting the battery and switching the on/off switch to on position

i'd say about 2 years ago or so..

That's Quite a long time ago...
Depending on if there was any water seepage into the ESC or your receiver box.. Those components may be rusted out internally..

Also, is the lipo battery just as old 2 years??
Was it originally put in storage mode BEFORE it was put away?

That's Quite a long time ago...
Depending on if there was any water seepage into the ESC or your receiver box.. Those components may be rusted out internally..

Also, is the lipo battery just as old 2 years??
Was it originally put in storage mode BEFORE it was put away?

I'm not aware of any water seepage into the ESC or the receiver. I opened both of them and there no sign of water (the bottom of ESC is sealed, I really don't think the water made in, and the receiver box is also looks dry (no rust)).

lipo battery is also about 2 years old, i did use storage mode while was not using the batteries.

last time when I tried using the car, the car turned on w/out any issues and i was able to drive it for few mins and then the car died (i was surprised as battery was freshly charged) and I've tried to turn it back on again when I got home and the car turned on again, but when I turned it off and tried turned it back on, the car already didn't start...

I'm not aware of any water seepage into the ESC or the receiver. I opened both of them and there no sign of water (the bottom of ESC is sealed, I really don't think the water made in, and the receiver box is also looks dry (no rust)).

lipo battery is also about 2 years old, i did use storage mode while was not using the batteries.

last time when I tried using the car, the car turned on w/out any issues and i was able to drive it for few mins and then the car died (i was surprised as battery was freshly charged) and I've tried to turn it back on again when I got home and the car turned on again, but when I turned it off and tried turned it back on, the car already didn't start...

Alright.
Perhaps try another fresh battery..
Borrow it from a friend perhaps? Just to eliminate the chances of battery itself.

Could just be the ESC itself being dead.
Do you have another ESC to swap in to try?

Alright.
Perhaps try another fresh battery..
Borrow it from a friend perhaps? Just to eliminate the chances of battery itself.

Could just be the ESC itself being dead.
Do you have another ESC to swap in to try?
I already tried with another battery (my 2nd battery) ..
unfortunately i don't have another ESC to try(

I already tried with another battery (my 2nd battery) ..
unfortunately i don't have another ESC to try(
Hey @alexus, have you considered that it is the receiver or the radio? Also disconnect the Servo. Also only connect the esc to the receiver with the ESC and the Receiver just with the servo etc. I suspect its one of those. That's if the ESC didn't really fry like you said.
I found this:

Hey @alexus, have you considered that it is the receiver or the radio? Also disconnect the Servo. Also only connect the esc to the receiver with the ESC and the Receiver just with the servo etc. I suspect its one of those. That's if the ESC didn't really fry like you said.
I really doubt that is receiver or radio (or servo) as I disconnected _everything_ from ESC and plugged in the battery and still no sign of life (from ESC).

I thought you had it all sorted out.
It was the OE servo according to your video??:unsure:
The Stocker servos are known to screw up the ESC like that.:unsure:
I run the DS3235 AMZ servos also. Great value for the buck. Not the best out there. But none of my 8 have failed yet in several years.. Have them in most of my Basher rigs and Crawlers.

I thought you had it all sorted out.
It was the OE servo according to your video??:unsure:
The Stocker servos are known to screw up the ESC like that.:unsure:
I run the DS3235 AMZ servos also. Great value for the buck. Not the best out there. But none of my 8 have failed yet in several years.. Have them in most of my Basher rigs and Crawlers.
perhaps you're mistaken me with someone else? i don't recall posting any video..

my stock servo died after short period of time as I start using the car, and I've got it replaced with new version (S652)..
and now because of waaaa : steering servo is RIP? i have one extra..
so when both of them dies, i know which one to get next ;-)

thanks!

Yes I realized that now. A similar thread, same issue.:giggle:
Got fooled by the Link in that thread. A different member here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back