Kraton warranty experience?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickyOTW

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Ive been waiting a few days after contacting Arrma via email, their helpdesk app and twitter about my Kraton that I suspect has a knackered servo - has anyone had positive or negative experiences with them? (or ModelSport models?)

wheels turn when off the ground but on the ground they wont turn

Have you tried contacting Horizon Hobby? They are the distributors for Arrma now. Not sure if that's the same for folks on your side of the pond.

Ive been waiting a few days after contacting Arrma via email, their helpdesk app and twitter about my Kraton that I suspect has a knackered servo - has anyone had positive or negative experiences with them? (or ModelSport models?)

I have had really good experiences with their warranty service but I am in the US.

Have you tried tightening the servo saver because what you describe sounds like it might be lose.

I have had a motor replaced under warranty, but I am an the US. Are you sure that the servo saver nut didn't come loose? That is a very common problem with these.

great support, I went through Horizon Hobbies web site for support. they replied minutes after I hit the send button ! I looked for my old email, couldn't find it for ya.

yeah like other folks just said, check that servo saver nut. I took mine apart, screwed the nut up exactly 5mm, blue locktite and it's held perfect. I don't think it's too tight either cuz I've had my share of trees, houses, car tires, garbage cans, fence post, etc. etc. jump out in front of me at high speed and the server is still ticking.

good luck to ya

I also went through Horizon when I got my outcast and the servo chewed itself up making my first turn in the parking lot after getting it.

I first sent it here: [email protected]

Then got a reply from [email protected] 7 days later with a bit of a form letter asking for my name, product number, photo of receipt and the broken item which I sent that same day. I got a reply 5 days later letting me know it will be sent as soon as they were in stock. I don't recall when I actually received it, but I did get a new one from them.

The day I broke it, I ordered the savox 1210SG on amazon prime and got it 2 days later. The new arrma servo is in a drawer somewhere.

Last edited:
I had an issue with my servo shortly after buying my Kraton. They replied and apologized for the trouble and sent me a new one right out. No problems. They have great customer service.

Don't futz with an email system, call them directly :)

Capture.JPG

am UK based - but spoke with the place where I bought it and sending the servo back - zip from Arrma but the shop and them can fight it out

Still cracks me up that people expect a warranty to cover an RC car part.

I think it depends on the part. A faulty ESC or motor should be covered.

In my experience people who typically expect a RC car to have a warranty are the ones that don't treat them great. Case in point, I have a buddy who has weaseled 4 new motors out of Horizon because he keeps burning his up. Runs them at 190-200 degrees everytime he runs it.

I think the only way anything in RC should be covered under warranty is if it arrives DOA. If it works and after 10 battery packs it stops, it's on you to fix it. Part of it is I'm just a bitter old man. No such thing as warranties on RC when I started.

In my experience people who typically expect a RC car to have a warranty are the ones that don't treat them great. Case in point, I have a buddy who has weaseled 4 new motors out of Horizon because he keeps burning his up. Runs them at 190-200 degrees everytime he runs it.

I think the only way anything in RC should be covered under warranty is if it arrives DOA. If it works and after 10 battery packs it stops, it's on you to fix it. Part of it is I'm just a bitter old man. No such thing as warranties on RC when I started.

Fair point. It's tough because there really is no way to tell if the user just overgeared his motor and torched it. I agree that there is an unreasonable expectation these days but I blame that on the millennials, lol. I can't tell you how many "it broke already" threads I have seen and when you pry for info it is almost always from them slamming it into something at speed.

So if I understand what your saying correctly, you think that even though the company is willing to replace a broken product, regardless of the part of the vehicle it came from or how it broke, we should refuse to ask for those parts to be replaced? If your buddy's motors are being blown out of neglect, but Horizon offers to replace them, that's your buddy's fault? Sorry bud, but I don't get your argument. A company can decide for themselves, when and when not to replace parts under warranty. The consumer should never be made to feel guilty for asking, regardless of the reason for damage or failure of the product.
In the industry i work in, I am truly amazed at what consumers believe should be covered under warranty. It doesn't seem to stop them from asking, and in many cases, arguing, for us to replace a product. In the end, it's left to us as a supplier, to make the final determination. Which by the way, is usually to keep the customer happy. Today, one bad comment in the right form of media, can make or break a company, more so than the cost of replacing a product.

If I were horizon I'd make the warranty exclude shipping. It would stop people from trying to warranty a $7 A-arm when the shipping is $6.

If I were horizon I'd make the warranty exclude shipping. It would stop people from trying to warranty a $7 A-arm when the shipping is $6.
You are a perfect example of my analogy @bicketybam. T Bone Racing rubbed you the wrong way, correct? You are a very well spoken member of this forum, and many people like to read all you have to say. You're knowledge and experience is always appreciated. Many members may have chosen to not buy from T Bone now, because they trust you and your opinion. As many positive reviews they may have received on this forum and others, many will hone in on your comments regarding your experience with T Bone. This is exactly why a company should consider every claim made by their consumer, and why people should always consider making a claim. Burn the wrong guy once, and you might see a significant decrease in sales of your product. This is how consumers develop their views, based on real time customer experiences.

I should preface every comment I make that it infuriates me that 10-13 yr olds have hobby grade RC cars, and I think the entire hobby has been greatly diminished in its member base because of it. Warranties, to me, are necessary because lazy parents and stupid kids don't want to take responsibility, have the ability to fix themselves, and are part of this generation that think everything wrong that happens is someone else's fault.

Again, I love this hobby, I love fellow hobbyists (so long as they are older than 25 and/or are paying for their own equipment with money they got from a job, if your allowance is enough to buy a $500 RC car, you are part of the problem).

I Just miss the good ole' days!

So if I understand what your saying correctly, you think that even though the company is willing to replace a broken product, regardless of the part of the vehicle it came from or how it broke, we should refuse to ask for those parts to be replaced? If your buddy's motors are being blown out of neglect, but Horizon offers to replace them, that's your buddy's fault? Sorry bud, but I don't get your argument. A company can decide for themselves, when and when not to replace parts under warranty. The consumer should never be made to feel guilty for asking, regardless of the reason for damage or failure of the product.
In the industry i work in, I am truly amazed at what consumers believe should be covered under warranty. It doesn't seem to stop them from asking, and in many cases, arguing, for us to replace a product. In the end, it's left to us as a supplier, to make the final determination. Which by the way, is usually to keep the customer happy. Today, one bad comment in the right form of media, can make or break a company, more so than the cost of replacing a product.

And that is what’s wrong with the whole situation. Someone thinks they are entitled and businesses are afraid it will hurt their google, yelp etc reviews so they bend the knee. Ridiculous in my opinion. You buy it, it works, you break it, you buy better. Repeat.

And that is what’s wrong with the whole situation. Someone thinks they are entitled and businesses are afraid it will hurt their google, yelp etc reviews so they bend the knee. Ridiculous in my opinion. You buy it, it works, you break it, you buy better. Repeat.

At least there is one like minded person on this site. 100% agree.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back