Kraton NOOB, No experience, cut wire identity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greyskyy

Reaction score
I have zero experience with these. My son's Kraton 6s Typhone has a cut wire. We are cleaning the car and changing the servo. We have never used a solding iron. We did a search but could not find anything to help us.

Can anyone tell me what this connector is for please?

Thanks in advance.

16871007120633425146014186186524.jpg

Those are known as JR connectors. You wouldn't even need a soldering iron to repair that. What you would need is a JR connector kit & crimping tool. For $24 this would get you set up with everything you need. If you have the coin to spare, it might be worth getting a JST connector kit while you're at it (those are the balance connectors you find on lipo batteries and I've had to replace the one or other connector because one of the pins lost connection and the battery was being recognized with one cell less). I find having these two connectors on hand to make whenever and wherever I need one, has been a really worthwhile investment that has saved me a lot of headache and I no longer need to wait for an order to arrive. You'll forgive me if I didn't spend a ton of time researching which kit gives you the most and costs the least, I just took the first one I came across so, feel free to scout around to see if you find something better. This is the JR connector kit. https://amz.run/6nUQ
1687102362934.png

It's a fan lead.. the black wire is ground..👍
Not needed..
Strictly speaking, no. I did find having a pigtail to attach a motor fan to convenient.

It's the auxiliary fan port. In case you ever want to add a fan to your motor..

Don't have to worry about it ,if your motor is not overheating.
But, if Bash hard during the summer time.. You may want to get that fixed and add the additional fan ,for the motor.

I have zero experience with these. My son's Kraton 6s Typhone has a cut wire. We are cleaning the car and changing the servo. We have never used a solding iron. We did a search but could not find anything to help us.

Can anyone tell me what this connector is for please?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 306606

Just cut it as close to the neck of the plug as possible and splice in
a new connector that's pre-wired ,like one of these..

1687103488387.png

A simple soldering iron (45W) and solder with some heatshrink tubing will get it repaired ,easy peasy.

>>> Make sure you slip on the heatshrink tubing BEFORE you solder..

You'll be good to go. 👍

Last edited:
It's the auxiliary fan port. In case you ever want to add a fan to your motor..

Don't have to worry about it ,if your motor is not overheating.
But, if Bash hard during the summer time.. You may want to get that fixed and add the additional fan ,for the motor.

Just cut it as close to the neck of the plug as possible and splice in
a new connector that's pre-wired ,like one of these..

View attachment 306616

A simple soldering iron (45W) and solder with some heatshrink tubing will get it repaired ,easy peasy.

>>> Make sure you slip on the heatshrink tubing BEFORE you solder..

You'll be good to go. 👍
If I give you my address can you bring the soldering iron? I only have. Aclothes iron! Hahahaha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back