Typhon Warranty problems with Arrma - see pic HELP!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RVJ007

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Team - My typhoon developed for no reason a failure at weekend.

The front GEARBOX CASE SET HD AR310854
Arrma Composite Suspension Mount Set - AR330379
Aluminium FF Suspension Mount (Red) (1) AR330378

all broke rendering the Typhon useless.

Genuinely it just happened as I was driving up and down on Tarmac and the front offside just dropped. There is no signs on the chassis or front bumper of any inputs to cause this damage. The car is only 12 weeks old and used about 3-4 times.

Now apparently from Arrma because I replaced the screws with stainless steel to prevent them from rusting or rounding off, they have said that they will not validate any warranty claims saying the screws "may not have been in tightly and thats whats caused all this damage".

This is exactly what was written back "
Arrma have noted the original screws fitted to the car have been removed and replaced with aftermarket items. As they can't determine whether the stripped threads have occurred as a result of the replacement screws or the fitment of them then unfortunately they are unable to offer replacement of the parts under warranty in this case."

Is this usual for Arrma to give such brush off warranty replies if screws are changed. For goodness sake the screws were not even screws into the broken parts.

I live here in the UK and have to use CML distributions as a go-between for Arrma.

Is anyone aware from the manuals that were supplied with the Typhoon if warranty is invalid for screw replacement?

Any help please as my Typhoon is typhoooooned

While stainless screws will prevent rusting, they are a great deal weaker than grade 10.9 & a tad weaker than grade 8 - they WILL 'round' much more often. Show some pictures of the actual breakage to shed some light on what caused it.

I usually don't bother Arrma for structural failures as the vast majority of these are user error.

Stainless button head cap screws are the worst for rounding out. Just a tip....only use a ball end wrench when absolutely necessary with these types of screws. The hex just isn't deep enough.

Its 20 bucks of parts... Just buy new ones and fix it... Problem solved.

As for stainless screws... They help prevent rust but they are softer than stock and can snap quite easy.

End of the day you modified the car so fair call on arrma.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back