Typhon Well....started as a good day...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
I guess breaking one out of 3 isn't bad...but dang if it wasn't my new baby...

20210327_124203.jpg

20210327_124216.jpg

60mph versus parking curb island. Clipped the left front. She flew about 40 foot after hitting it....such a bad sound too.

20210327_141942.jpg
20210327_142003.jpg
20210327_142014.jpg

Dude...the chassis flexed so much the drive cup dug into the EXB brace. Chassis was a slight U shape, I bent it back some in the field to take the stress off the diff.
I have an EXB chassis for sale 😜😁

Is this bent/not right? The motor is not perfectly perpendicular to the mount. But the diff and pinion/spur mesh still feels perfect all the way around.

20210327_161043.jpg

Is this bent/not right? The motor is not perfectly perpendicular to the mount. But the diff and pinion/spur mesh still feels perfect all the way around.

View attachment 135108
Pictures can be deceiving. Lens warp makes it impossible. Put a straight edge up against both sides to be certain

Yep. Bad driving costs. Getting used to 60+mph and judging distance. All good. More fun to fix anyways!
Let me give you a $500 tip.... don’t speed run anywhere near cars or curbs... or trees ... or mailboxes ... or guardrails. Try to find a wide open spot. My spot has minimal ditches as well. Fields on both sides of the road. No driveways. Visibility both ways for at least 1/2 mile.

Let me give you a $500 tip.... don’t speed run anywhere near cars or curbs... or trees ... or mailboxes ... or guardrails. Try to find a wide open spot. My spot has minimal ditches as well. Fields on both sides of the road. No driveways. Visibility both ways for at least 1/2 mile.
Wish I lived near that spot. Here all I can see is white stuff(not anymore but here there are barley any speedrun spots):

(SNOW)

Wish I lived near that spot. Here all I can see is white stuff(not anymore but here there are barley any speedrun spots):

(SNOW)
Yeah our snow melted about a month ago. If I had all my parts by now today would have been great for a pass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back