Mojave What’s the best RC desert truck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I did put the 6s Backflips on the truck.

Background: Got new tires for the XRT - review here Rowdy tires. Turns out to be really nice tires and are less grippy on grass in corners that normal truggy tires. Just what I wanted / hoped for. So I was wondering about the same effect with Backflips 6s and the SBR 2.0. So after much long and thoughtful contemplation, sleepless nights and a few tears - I cut the SBR 2.0 body and put the tires on.

(y) Having the same effect here. The stock SBR 2.0 simply have too much sideway grip in corners. That's why it topples over so easy. Backflips 6s do make the SBR 2.0 a more manageable car.

Car handles totally different. It slides way better in corners. I could actually slide it on purpose. Rear comes around a lot better. It's certainly not the added width. Just about 2 - 2,5cm in total. Rear tires are new, first drive. So at their max of grippyness. The stock tires just have way more sideways grip. Just from looking at the pictures I would not have expected such a difference. After all the Backflip 6s are wider.

What's also interesting is that I thought about going down from 500k down to 300k in the rear as the SBR 2.0 is hard to drive in a straight line with the rear always breaking out on a straight stretch with lots of throttle. That got better too. Also a lot easier to correct once it breaks out. I might acutally keep it at 500k. The effect is a pretty locked rear axle and the rear comes around instead of toppling the car.

In slow tight corners the rear wheel lifts. Making it a lot easier to see when it would start toppling. I had moved the lower end of the spring one hole backwards to the the center of gravity down right from the beginning. That made the car more driveable with stock tires.

Must say I have only driven on pavement with these tires. But other surfaces are less grippy so I expect even more fun. Bit of a pity as the look does change. But the driving experience is a lot better. SBR 2.0 definitely needs other stock tires that are less grippy in corners. Would make it a lot better car. Stock tires and Backflips 6s have about the same diameter.

Now wondering what to do with the stock SBR 2.0 tires. Perhaps the Talion might like them.

20230619_202810.jpg

20221124_152302.jpg

Last edited:
Has someone figured out a better battery latch. I literally could not drive again today as the latch was too stuck to fasten the cover. Happy I got it off. Just too much dust.

There is no metal insert. There is a plastic pin with a spring over it. That pin goes into a sleeve. Filed the opening for the sleeve so it moves better.
Also drilled a hole through the metal chassis where the sleeve goes through the opening. And two more holes through the plastic below. That way sand has more space and it can fall through. Seems like it's going to work. The lever I fastened with zip ties. The screws just pulled out of the thread a while back already.

Last edited:
Am I understanding this right?
You can either get a clear SBR 2.0 body or separate panels? Or are the separate panels only for the 1.0 version?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back