Notorious What battery are you running in your Notorious?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScaleJunkie

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Notorious
What's up, going to order all this at the same time hopefully. What batteries (not brands but C ratings and capacity, and cell counts/ configurations) is everone running in these.

@ScaleJunkie as per the Notorious user manual you should use a LiPo battery that has at least a 35C rating or higher.

In reality the higher the better given that many battery manufactures will fudge on the numbers and use it more as a marketing thing anymore.

Thanks, i saw that also.
Ooo I like that. What kinda run times do you normally get with that?

Not sure I've ever ran it down very far. Usually only to around 3.7-3.8 per cell. I end up wanting to drive my other trucks too. :D

Definitely well over half an hour of bashing.

Does the Notorious come with the "loop connector"? It doesn't say it does on amain, and every unboxing I've seen nobody ever opens the bag of goodies.

Does the Notorious come with the "loop connector"? It doesn't say it does on amain, and every unboxing I've seen nobody ever opens the bag of goodies.

Yes it does. If you look at Arrma's website it lists what is included.

not in a notorious but I have the same battery tray in my Kraton and I like to run 2 3s 3000mah turnigy graphene batteries. 75c rating. The packs are light and in a basher it is better to me to have a few different packs instead of running a giant mah setup.

not in a notorious but I have the same battery tray in my Kraton and I like to run 2 3s 3000mah turnigy graphene batteries. 75c rating. The packs are light and in a basher it is better to me to have a few different packs instead of running a giant mah setup.
Forgive my ignorance, I'm a greenie, what are the benefits of graphene other than being lighter?

Forgive my ignorance, I'm a greenie, what are the benefits of graphene other than being lighter?

The graphene batteries I have are way heavier than regular batteries. And they pack a lot of punch, which is why I bought them. By far my most powerful 3s batteries.

Graphene is the future in battery tech. Helps charge time, up to 15x faster. Did not do this testing my self, just did some searching into the tech. It is a money thing right now but I think we will see it hit cell phones soon. Its a amazing material. Samsung is really doing a lot of r&d into it right now.

Read this thread in the morning. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/read-some-useful-info-from-smc.10748/#post-119999
Interesting note about whether to run two 3s or one 6s battery. It's in the link in the first post.
I'm currently running two gensacearespammers 3s 50c 5000 mAh myself. First pair were purchased in Dec 2017 and I bought a second pair when I got my Arrma last November. I think this combination works well for decent power and good run times. I strictly bash for fun, so my demands aren't that high. Got about 20 minutes per pair on Saturday. I was blasting through snow and pinning it to get speed on short approaches for jumping.

I run dual SMC 2S 7400mah 90C packs in my outcast with 15T pinion and trencher 3.8's. At the skate park, I get 23-24 minutes, at the park, 18-19 minutes. I time every run. My remote has a timer on it and I'm pretty religious about using it.

skate park:
2018-0826-Outcast-Dekalb-Skatepark-15T-runTime.jpg

Park:
2018-0802-Outcast-Sycamore-runtime.jpg

Ok, so I've just got my notorious!! Whooopp whooopp now.... I've come to thinking that surely the higher the C rating the less run time you're going to get would i be correct in thinking this? As your motor can pull more power from the battery or am i just clutching at straws?

Here is a picture of me picking up my noto ??

Attachments

• 20190312_162802_HDR.jpg
    20190312_162802_HDR.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 65
Ok, so I've just got my notorious!! Whooopp whooopp now.... I've come to thinking that surely the higher the C rating the less run time you're going to get would i be correct in thinking this? As your motor can pull more power from the battery or am i just clutching at straws?

Here is a picture of me picking up my noto ??
She looks good as a passenger;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back