What did you paint today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Camaroboy that is gonna be really nice when it's done ! You have to video the unveil when your dad gets it back , that will be a priceless moment in life ! Had no idea you did painting / bodywork ? Can't believe we've never crossed paths at RCM ? I to use PPG , great stuff , but very $$$$$$ !!!!
Well , here is my 1:1 painting of lately , the inside of the fenders and door jambs of the 1970 AAR Cuda I am doing . This is PPG DCC Concept single stage with 2021 clear cocktailed in it .

IMG_5687.JPG

IMG_5689.JPG

That thing is going to be sweet.. love those old cuda's..😍.. man, I know it.. paint has gone through the roof over the year's.. that camel brown poly on the truck was $418 a quart for the base..😱.. and the dang stuff is a tri coat, so a burgundy brown base first.. roughly 4 g's just in paint and paint materials.. they don't make it easy anymore..

Man, I haven't been to rcm in some time now.. I miss the place...😂😂

Hood for the 68 I finished up yesterday.. love how the paint shifts from brown to copper depending on the light it gets..😍 little wet sand and buff today and hopefully get this bad boy on there..👍

IMG_20230616_142742918_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230616_142725431.jpg

IMG_20230616_224427622.jpg

IMG_20230616_224414553.jpg

Now for the many , many hours on the bottom. Every ding / dent / pit etc , this car is going concourse , gray dip primer look with the white overspray onto the floor pans . The rotisserie is worth every penny !!! Lol

View attachment 306595
Gorgeous! Oh yeah, gotta love a rotisserie.. working above your head is for the bird's!.. 😂..

Are those the factory pan's? Or did you do floor's?.. she looks right brother that's for sure!..

Gorgeous! Oh yeah, gotta love a rotisserie.. working above your head is for the bird's!.. 😂..

Are those the factory pan's? Or did you do floor's?.. she looks right brother that's for sure!..
It still has it's original floor pan / frame rails / firewall / wheel wells / trunk lid / tail panel / doors .
I put on AMD 1/4's / trunk floor / trunk extensions / dutchman panel / roof skin / "A" pillars / upper cowl / left fr fender / lower rad support / fr and rr valnces . This is how I got it and started . Off to blaster , got back , epoxy everywhere in / out .

aar 1.jpg

aar 3.jpg

aar 5.jpg

aar 7.jpg

bkside2.jpg

bkside3.jpg

frnt end shtmetal 2.jpg

It still has it's original floor pan / frame rails / firewall / wheel wells / trunk lid / tail panel / doors .
I put on AMD 1/4's / trunk floor / trunk extensions / dutchman panel / roof skin / "A" pillars / upper cowl / left fr fender / lower rad support / fr and rr valnces . This is how I got it and started . Off to blaster , got back , epoxy everywhere in / out .

View attachment 306597

View attachment 306598

View attachment 306599

View attachment 306600

View attachment 306602

View attachment 306603

View attachment 306604

Hell of a job man, I know all to well how much work all of that is.. hats off to you for rescuing her from impending doom.. 💯

I never got around to updating.. here is my father's truck all finished..👍
She came a long way from what she was.. very happy with the paint outcome.. don't ever let anyone tell you you can't paint in the dirt.. 😎🤣🤣🤣
IMG_20240229_165255610_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240303_165850283_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240303_195319832.jpg

I was wondering about that project! Were you able to keep it a secret until the reveal? I’ll bet your dad was all kinds of psyched! Beautiful job, beautiful truck.

Thank you dan, I appreciate it.. was definitely a labor of love.. Unfortunately no.. he randomly stopped by my place one day and I left the damn thing outside when I stepped out for lunch.. but it was a great moment to have with just him and I.. awesome to see his eyes light up with love for that old truck .. it was definitely a moment he never thought he would see again..

My father is definitely my favorite human, and probably my best friend.. it sucks to get older.. he lost his kidney's so is on dialysis to keep him alive.. I just wanted to make sure he is happy with whatever time he has left, a reason to get out of bed in the morning, a reason to try his hardest to stay alive..

fun fact, I was brought home from the hospital in that truck after I was born.. talk about full circle.. who would have thought 41 years later id be restoring the first vehicle I ever rode in.... But then again, I still own the first car I ever bought in highschool.. 🤣

Back