What ESC: XLX2 vs HW MAX4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not as simple as that. Much of it depends on how you intend to use it. In terms of raw power for speed runs, nothing touches the XLX2. To be fair, the Max4 offers the option of going up to 12S and I have yet to see anyone build a single motor Infraction or VTE2 with a Max4 and really go for it, but all of the world's fastest drivers are running the XLX2 and I'm sure that it's not without reason. Everyone is looking for an edge and if the Max4 were it....somebody would surely be using it.

I ordered the XLX2 a couple hours ago, and the Max4 two minutes ago.

WTF is wrong with me?

1000001259.png

I ordered the XLX2 a couple hours ago, and the Max4 two minutes ago.

WTF is wrong with me?

View attachment 265901
I have no idea where you're from (well...I do if the blurb under your avatar means anything but I'm just going to pretend I don't because it sounds better), but I like the way you operate cowboy. You're my kinda guy...if I had a kind of guy.

I despise country music FWIW.

Is it possible a lot of the xlx2 fire balls were due to inadequate batteries?
I dunno but when it happened to me I was using SMC batteries and they were the best batteries I'd ever tried.

What motor were you running?
I've had 2 different 2028 1100kv motors both bought from people here. Both paired with 2 different xlx2 and one xlx2 ended up on fire and the other died on first pack within first 5-10 minutes with no fire or smoke just dead, never to come on again.

I've had 2 different 2028 1100kv motors both bought from people here. Both paired with 2 different xlx2 and one xlx2 ended up on fire and the other died on first pack within first 5-10 minutes with no fire or smoke just dead, never to come on again.
Weird. What did castle say?

Hahahaha. It's been quite the week here, first my kids got stuck at Phoenix airport for a day and a half trying to get to their mothers, then I had to drive to Long Beach to pick them up as it was the only flight out. Then two days ago we get a foot of snow dumped on us and the power goes out for 12 hours. If it hadn't been for my buddy coming through with a generator all my animals would be dead!!!!

Weird. What did castle say?
They basically told me "We'll replace it one more time, but we can't keep sending you xlx2's" Then he told me to gear down from stock gearing. :mad:
Hahahaha. It's been quite the week here, first my kids got stuck at Phoenix airport for a day and a half trying to get to their mothers, then I had to drive to Long Beach to pick them up as it was the only flight out. Then two days ago we get a foot of snow dumped on us and the power goes out for 12 hours. If it hadn't been for my buddy coming through with a generator all my animals would be dead!!!!
Oh wow thats definitely an interesting week!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back