What has this hobby taught you so far?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That I need to win the lottery to find the parts alone. Or learn to stop driving my limitless into a wall!!! 🤣

"things break fast, when you having fun"🤣🤣 "google is your friend"

1. Like motorcyclists, there are two kinds; one that has crashed their favorite R/C and one that will. 2. Research twice, purchase once.
3. Find out how your car works before adding parts you've read on any forum. Join more than one forum. 4. Support your local hobby store. They make pennies on your gear and rely on your return business. Plus, they WILL tell you the truth.
5. Regardless of how long you have had a setup and how many readings you've taken, ALWAYS monitor your electronics for temperature.

FOR BEGINNERS: Want to go fast? Learn to go slow first. Learn the way your car behaves and learn it in case you notice a change.

HTH - Dave

Didn't rtealize until now that fans work better with blades.

fan.jpg

You can spend so much on just-in-case-spare-parts you could actually buy a new car from what you have lying around. Front wishbones and a 25T servo saver are OK to have, skip the rest. Have other cars you can drive while you wait for parts.

Take more than one car along when you go driving. Free spare time is precious, don't have it cut short by a broken wishbone.

Run down the tires before you get that new other brand. Piles of half run tires are just expensive.

Going fast is overrated. (heat, burst tires, damage) And it's never fast enough anyway.

Last edited:
That the sound of an electric rc flying by can make you addicted, my mild OCD is actually helpful for something, and most importantly saying “one more” is a lie 😂

In some ways, the hobby, or specifically what "bashing" has evolved into, has told me that it isn't for me... I've been in RC for 30+ years now back in the days when I would sling burgers for hours in order to be able to afford parts for my RC car to now where I'm fortunate enough to be able to buy (almost) whatever I want. Maybe old habits die hard, but it's still difficult for me to sling $800-1000 worth of car off a ramp 20 feet into the air and cross my fingers that I nail the landing and don't break anything, let alone everything.

The local hobby shop owner's favorite phrase is "if you ain't breaking parts, you aren't running hard enough." - easy for you to say, Mr. Crack Dealer.
If you back in "the old days", it was mostly Tamiya who took the lead. My LHS sucked, but because the owners sucked. They never had any parts for my cars. I lived in New York at the time. I do some research and find the parent company (as of the early 80s' it was MRC). I found MRC in New Jersey about 15 minutes from me. And get this. They had walk-up windows to serve customers. Any parts I wanted. It was great while it lasted. -Dave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back