What have you fished out of your pool?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerold

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
I found this little guy sitting on the sitting on the robot hose the other morning. Luckily I found him before my dog.

It's a baby possum with skunk markings. He was more than happy for me to get him out. He is not the first possum I've fished out before.
IMG_5308.jpg

I took him to a nearby field where he can roam free. Unfortunately I don't think his outlook is very good. He as very cold and knocked his head pretty good. I left him a plum and wished him luck. Not more that I can do for him. 😢
IMG_5309.jpg

I've also pulled many toads, a few salamanders and a rat. The rat was in the skimmer... he was there a while. It wasn't pretty.

You should take it to the SPCA, it needs medical care.

You should take it to the SPCA, it needs medical care.

I didn't think of that. We sort of have a catch and release program with the pool. Live critters get relocated to the creek (amphibians) or field (others).

Typically no one wants to deal with stuff like this around here and didn't even think of it. Animal control probably wouldn't show up and if they did, it would be hours away. Then the would probably "relocate it" i.e. euthanize the little guy. The vets won't even talk to you unless they are getting $200 to start.

Now that you mention it I did find this. Thank you for planting the seed, I will keep it for the next one!
https://wcsv.org/found-an-animal/

You don't call them. Instead you put it in a cardboard box with a lid and drop it off. They would have glued the skin back together and released it the next day. It would be wormed and vaccinated too. Dealing with injured wildlife is part of the SPCA's job.

I found this little guy sitting on the sitting on the robot hose the other morning. Luckily I found him before my dog.

It's a baby possum with skunk markings. He was more than happy for me to get him out. He is not the first possum I've fished out before.
View attachment 314248

I took him to a nearby field where he can roam free. Unfortunately I don't think his outlook is very good. He as very cold and knocked his head pretty good. I left him a plum and wished him luck. Not more that I can do for him. 😢
View attachment 314249

I've also pulled many toads, a few salamanders and a rat. The rat was in the skimmer... he was there a while. It wasn't pretty.

Its usually squirrel's here. They seem to get in there around fall after we close the pool. I don't cover mine though so eventually I see floaters around. Not pretty either.
My son pulled a kitten out early this summer..
Thats about it I think. Frogs get in the skimmer something fierce!

Its been several yrs now, but we put up an above ground pool and the next day we heard some splashing an went to investigate and found our daughters cat had went for a swim and couldn't get footing to get over the side. I had to pull her out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back