What is your RC transport of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaladeth

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Limitless
Did you end up having to buy a real car or truck because you had to lug all this RC hardware? Is an SUV enough? Did you go for a trailer? šŸ˜±

What did you end up buying? Please share your thoughts thanks!

1704484434105.png

Last edited:
How many rigs are you bringing with you? I only take one or two at a time, so our little Fiesta ST is plenty. Though admittedly it gets surprisingly tight.

For racing, I bought one of these:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-22-in-Connect-Rolling-System-Tool-Box-230381/207138757

My 2wd buggy fits in the bottom, along with the spare parts car. Other supplies, parts, and tools fit in the top two boxes. Then I throw my Slash on top. Transmitter gets its own carrying case that I hold separately. But it is a huge improvement from making 2 or 3 trips to the car every time I go to the track.

I've been contemplating getting a trailer, saw a guy with one last fall and it was the cat's meow.

I guess perhaps we're deviating from OP's original question, which is what vehicle do we use to transport our RCs :LOL:

@kaladeth What is the specific problem you are trying to solve? Do your RCs not physically fit inside your vehicle? Or is it just a big messy pile that you would like to better organize?

I bet there's a clever way to rack up a few RC's on end so they are well protected and secure while being transported in the trunk or backseat. Haven't had the need yet...

I guess perhaps we're deviating from OP's original question, which is what vehicle do we use to transport our RCs :LOL:

@kaladeth What is the specific problem you are trying to solve? Do your RCs not physically fit inside your vehicle? Or is it just a big messy pile that you would like to better organize?

I bet there's a clever way to rack up a few RC's on end so they are well protected and secure while being transported in the trunk or backseat. Haven't had the need yet...
Thanks Arise. More towards the vehicle question, my current trunk space is not enough, esp if trucking a 1:7 rig. I could always fold the back seats down in a pinch but not very secure in the long term.

But the transport from house to vehicle and vehicle to track/bash spot is also helpful.
Steve do you check that, or do you have to carry on?

Last edited:
I have a wagon similar I use for transporting 4 cars, transmitters, batteries and tools to the track. I also built a shelf in the back of my Honda CRV that the cars sit on and the wagon folds up and slides underneath. Also put in hanging storage that connects to the back of the back seat. Much easier now, my 9 years old grandson does the loading and unloading in minutes.

I had a 15ft trailer full of 1/8 buggy/truggy stuff when I raced. I pulled with a F-150 15 years or so ago.

I installed a roof AC unit, ran it with my genny along with my chargers.

Inside I had a full workbench, soldering stuff, peg board for parts bags ETC.
3-4 OS speed engines already broken in ready to go.
10's of different diff's with different fluids.
20's of shocks with different fluids.
50-60 sets of tires.
5-10 Savox servos.
3 batt trays all set up with servos (MUGEN)

You gotta be ready for that next heat or the A-main!

How far you wanna dig in that hip? ;)

I use Betty to get around with the cars. I can fit plenty inside, if overly muddy or trashed I can throw them up on the roof rack for transport and keep my interior clean. I also have a hitch mounted cargo carrier and will put the bins or Yeti on the back if I run out of room on the interior.

Forgot to mention..
I also have an old Sears aero roof cargo carrier (that has a busted up latch/lock.. iF anyone knows where I can get a replacement lock mechanism, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.)

The carrier comes in handy too for those Long haul excursions.. Especially on the Way Back with the dirty, muddy rigs.

Thanks Arise. More towards the vehicle question, my current trunk space is not enough, esp if trucking a 1:7 rig. I could always fold the back seats down in a pinch but not very secure in the long term.

But the transport from house to vehicle and vehicle to track/bash spot is also helpful.

Steve do you check that, or do you have to carry on?
I carry on with that. Fits perfect.

I almost bought a new Tacoma last year, but decided against it because my current rig works great for hauling my little rigs around. My current rig hauler is a 2019 Subaru Forester. I can haul a couple of my 1/5 scales, along with a couple 1/8 scales with the cargo cover pulled for security, along with the gear I take with me. Itā€™s a solid rig. Awesome in the snow, great gas mileage, super reliable, it checks all the boxes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back