“I know what I got here” RC For Sale Ads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You ain't wrong!! The notion that one day we may need them to care for us is disturbing to say the least..

As to used rc's, if the plan is to build a custom rig from it, It can be a good starting point. If it's an rc to use, well, that's something I'm not likely to get into unless either the price is THAT good, or I actually can try before I buy..

Hopeful that AI and robots will come far enough along to replace them.

Funny its the same with real cars like bald tires, needs service and trashed body for what they paid new. I like to quote my Grandpa, "Their is an ass for every seat"! People seeming to think something is worth more than new is not a new thing.

I think the digital age has killed the value of money, who collects jars of coins anymore? All the kids I know think things come from a card and you swipe it to get stuff. Literally no concept of what a dollar bill is and what has to go into acquiring it. Since I am not a parent I don't have to deal with it, but the damn kids are useless for choirs. Literally can't hire a kid to rake leaves anymore.
This is why it's important as a parent to teach our kids how important and hard it is to earn a dollar and learn the value of it..I can't speak for other kids but both my sons know very well what it's like to work for what they want. Nothing was handed to them and definitely didn't have a silver spoon in there mouth.both of my son's were high honors in high school.straight A's never got called down to school for any issues .I believe I did my part as a father to make sure neither one stepped out of line .my oldest decided college wasn't for him but he had a plan,stuck it through..he now works for the state and is a construction site supervisor.making great money.my youngest is 19 and studying medical in college .He wants to be a sports chiropractor.anyways yeah half these kids out there have no skills to prepare them for life..I blame the parents for that.

Here's one.. No doubt someone has a lot in it, but doesn't mean they're getting it back,LOL. That almost never happens.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2857739457...fWs2A7RgSWNk+8UlayDZOqlw==|tkp:Bk9SR7qX4-fOYw
Wow what a super deal.hurry guys jump on it🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Wow thats nice! But I totally agree with you, no way they're getting what they put into it back. I guarantee you if his starting bid was around $1,000 it'd sell just because of what it is, but $2,500 is a down payment on a real car lol.

I imagine that's true for some. I've never been "well enough off" to not care about costs..but also, never had a job that required my attention after hours.. the two are undoubtedly linked. Have a great paying job? Then most likely you'll be attending to that job even during "off" hours of the day, night, weekend.. I prefer to keep my personal life and work seperate, so, I make a lower wage, but don't stress about work much either..
Everything is way too expensive these days, so I'm not sure about well enough off to not care.

But you aren't wrong on the off hours. Salaried means it's and exempt position which literately means exempt from getting over time pay. But at the same time the job is usually task or goal driven. If you meet your goals no one "cares" what you are doing at any given moment as long as your goals are met. Which means you can go to your kids ball game in the afternoon or make a Starbucks run.

The reality is I do end up working some extra or hours now and then but it's up to me to manage that and push back when it's too much.

Everything is way too expensive these days, so I'm not sure about well enough off to not care.

But you aren't wrong on the off hours. Salaried means it's and exempt position which literately means exempt from getting over time pay. But at the same time the job is usually task or goal driven. If you meet your goals no one "cares" what you are doing at any given moment as long as your goals are met. Which means you can go to your kids ball game in the afternoon or make a Starbucks run.

The reality is I do end up working some extra or hours now and then but it's up to me to manage that and push back when it's too much.
Good points. There's clearly positives for both, hourly and salary. Hell, my boss makes double what I do, works less than half the hours, and literally knows nothing about what's actually going on it the shop.. he's an absolute idiot.. what's that make me? LOL
It's all good though, they dispense of management much quicker than hourly employees. We operate without a manager 80 percent of the time. Whenever someone calls looking for the boss, IDK where he is..

Funny its the same with real cars like bald tires, needs service and trashed body for what they paid new. I like to quote my Grandpa, "Their is an ass for every seat"! People seeming to think something is worth more than new is not a new thing.

I think the digital age has killed the value of money, who collects jars of coins anymore? All the kids I know think things come from a card and you swipe it to get stuff. Literally no concept of what a dollar bill is and what has to go into acquiring it. Since I am not a parent I don't have to deal with it, but the damn kids are useless for choirs. Literally can't hire a kid to rake leaves anymore.
The only way to teach them the value of money is to make them spend their own moolah. Give them their own debit card and bank account that you and them both can keep an eye on. Soon, they will realize that there is not an endless supply of this stuff and that they have to work for it. I speak from experience as the one with his own debit card.
I was looking for that, knew I'd seen it somewhere online! Absolutely ridiculous 🙄

Yeah, I think they're counting on "stupid people".. which, there are plenty of out there. Maybe "we're" the fools for asking too little for our stuff? LOL
TBH this is how I feel. For example, It's hard af to want to sell one of my custom swb bashers with mmx8s/tp motor for 500$ but that's probably all anyone will pay for it and that's after I clean it lol. Meanwhile there is nothing wrong with the esc or motor or anything. It's kind of sickening the L we have to take :cry:

TBH this is how I feel. For example, It's hard af to want to sell one of my custom swb bashers with mmx8s/tp motor for 500$ but that's probably all anyone will pay for it and that's after I clean it lol. Meanwhile there is nothing wrong with the esc or motor or anything. It's kind of sickening the L we have to take :cry:
In which case you may be better off parting it out, at least partially, as a roller, electronics seperate? But as a general statement, yeah, it can be saddening taking the hit. Look at the automotive industry, as soon as a new car or truck is reg'd it drops like 30%..just from having someone's name being assigned to it..well, plus the warranty clock starts ticking off..

In which case you may be better off parting it out, at least partially, as a roller, electronics seperate? But as a general statement, yeah, it can be saddening taking the hit. Look at the automotive industry, as soon as a new car or truck is reg'd it drops like 30%..just from having someone's name being assigned to it..well, plus the warranty clock starts ticking off..
Never buy new 🤟🏼

You would get 500 all day all dirty full of mud lol.i forget what thread that's on here but I remember talking about how I see sellers on eBay selling RCs not presentable.picturs showing the rigs completely horrible and they get sold 🤷 .I personally would rather buy a clean looking rig .just gives you a better feeling that the seller took care of it.but some sellers have no shame and don't care .

You would get 500 all day all dirty full of mud lol.i forget what thread that's on here but I remember talking about how I see sellers on eBay selling RCs not presentable.picturs showing the rigs completely horrible and they get sold 🤷 .I personally would rather buy a clean looking rig .just gives you a better feeling that the seller took care of it.but some sellers have no shame and don't care .
Cash4rc is good at selling cars covered in dirt and mud, with mismatched parts and broken and some idiot buys them from him.

Cash4rc is good at selling cars covered in dirt and mud, with mismatched parts and broken and some idiot buys them from him.
I'm pretty sure that is who I bought the wifey notorious from way back in our first few months of the hobby. I always regretted it and it was definitely not a great purchase but I didn't know any better at the time. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

I'm pretty sure that is who I bought the wifey notorious from way back in our first few months of the hobby. I always regretted it and it was definitely not a great purchase but I didn't know any better at the time. :eek: :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I have looked long and hard at some of their listings. Last year after Arrma discontinued the 8s EXB rollers I almost bit.. was also eyeing some XRT rollers..after figuring what all I would need to buy to complete them, I decided to just grab a K8S v1 for $750 new. I bash pretty conservatively so, I felt having something complete and new was a good choice..
Then of course there were deals at Tower where folks were getting v2 8s rtr exbs for $800..🤔😕
Oh well. I got a K8S, so not too butt hurt, LOL.

Brooo they have no shame selling filthy cars 🤣 Some of them look like they were bashed at a BMX track then boxed up and sent to Cash4RC. I actually tried to sell some things to them a couple months back but they never responded to me.

Cash4RC is the man! He has ECX parts in stock! Wish there was an RC pick and pull locally.
You're right about the ECX stuff. He had a roller for a Torment 4wd l, identical to the one I just threw away. That's like finding a unicorn. His prices are pretty decent, and the Super filthy stuff is significantly cheaper than the better conditioned items.

Back