What is the difference between "hobby" and "professional" RC cars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how good you are and time and practice .
1657819896091.png

I think your guy is gone nuts and I can say that with confidence as I run both this site and https://redcatrampageforum.com/ so I'm very familiar with both brands. Redcat was very much a beginner RC and even cloned some of their RC's off of other brands. Redcat has been well known for using sub-standard parts - mostly their plastics being very brittle and their cheap 1/5th scale engines being pretty rubbish as well.

They have come a long ways and their parts are much better. I'm still not to keen on their 1/5th scale engines but Redcat is improving. At the end of the day these are all just toys and so long as you're still enjoying your toys it really doesn't matter.
I second this! I always recommend Redcat as a beginner as it's perfect for a beginner to learn maintenance and repairs. Started with Blackout myself.
Redcat as come far in the 2 years since I had mine(given to stepson and he loves breaking it down to clean and put back together after EVERY SINGLE RUN).
Their crawlers are gaining notice for being as capable as Axial or Traxxas and a friend has a "souped up" Wendigo that's just INSANE!
No kidding. And I just responded to a post from 2017.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back