What is your other hobby (money pit)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I collect tires.... all sizes. I don't know why.
But I am fascinated with round things.?
20200303_132939.jpg
20200303_133118.jpg

I recycle the wheels and foams.:cool: Or I try at least. I like building/gluing wheels in general. My gluing never blows out. Not a fan of premounts. But I have many. Even PL lately sells premounts for the most part. Its an RTR world. PL used to sell individual wheels and tires for all. They stopped because of the RTR market , and they upped the pricing to go along with that.
BTW I think PL has a bad warranty policy and tech support to go along with that. They market heavily to the opposite of that.

I recycle the wheels and foams.:cool: Or I try at least. I like building/gluing wheels in general. My gluing never blows out. Not a fan of premounts. But I have many. Even PL lately sells premounts for the most part. Its an RTR world. PL used to sell individual wheels and tires for all. They stopped because of the RTR market , and they upped the pricing to go along with that.
BTW I think PL has a bad warranty policy and tech support to go along with that. They market heavily to the opposite of that.
I've never been successful at removing the old tyres, I end up with small bits that hang on and then the wheel is unusable?

It's the nature of everything isn't it, people want it now and don't want to have be too evolved in the process.

I wonder if things like the Coronavirus will change the economy enough to get people to value local manufacturing again.

I'm very interested in long term purchases not having to throw things away after one use, it is great to be able to fine tune things yourself like the old pl tyre options.

I'm constantly remodeling our house in Phoenix, and I've been building a cabin in northern Arizona for about 17 years now. We've got 2 acre's up there and one has a nice area for an RC track! I'll have to get busy on that right after I finish the 200 things I got going right now;)

I recycle the wheels and foams.:cool: Or I try at least. I like building/gluing wheels in general. My gluing never blows out.

Building/gluing or just sniffing glue :LOL:
I smoked tail pipes for 35 years that caused most of brain damage LOL.

I'm constantly remodeling our house in Phoenix, and I've been building a cabin in northern Arizona for about 17 years now. We've got 2 acre's up there and one has a nice area for an RC track! I'll have to get busy on that right after I finish the 200 things I got going right now;)

Attachments

• cabin pic.jpg
    cabin pic.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 45
My fish tanks, Here is pic of 125 Gallon Piranha tank. I made the background myself. carved Styrofoam and layered with thin layers of concrete and used concrete dye and aquarium paint. I had the background in the
1584625237691.jpeg
tank running with filter for month before adding the fish. They are live plants.

My fish tanks, Here is pic of 125 Gallon Piranha tank. I made the background myself. carved Styrofoam and layered with thin layers of concrete and used concrete dye and aquarium paint. I had the background in the View attachment 70537tank running with filter for month before adding the fish. They are live plants.
WOW that looks amazing, great work!

My new money pit is my '02 MX5.

One day I'll turbo the engine but for now I've got a full sport suspension under there and semi-solid engine mounts. It's a bit rough riding on bad pavement but man can it hold a turn! It really is like driving a big Go Kart.

Go- kart racing !!, Race with Championship Enduro Series, long tracks, 100+ mph.. oh they're for sale !! We're all over YouTube.. Enduro kart racing.. Championship Enduro Series.. picture shot at Michigan International Speedway..

Last edited:
Flying a drone and bicycles keep me busy. Lots of video gaming with my son. Also have a Vespa but that is not really a hobby. I just turn the ignition on and ride around a few miles and come home.

Flying a drone and bicycles keep me busy. Lots of video gaming with my son. Also have a Vespa but that is not really a hobby. I just turn the ignition on and ride around a few miles and come home.

I saw some pretty cool vintage Vespas when I was in Europe. I was genuinely surprised that they are actually kinda cool

I saw some pretty cool vintage Vespas when I was in Europe. I was genuinely surprised that they are actually kinda cool
Yeah the old ones will bleed you dry of funds real quick. But once restored the classic Vespas are like works of art. I have a 2015 Primavera 150cc and its pretty much maintenance free if you have a cool dry place to store it when not in use. They don't take up much floor space and the beauty is the twist and go automatic transmission. Makes riding much more enjoyable and lets you enjoy a stress free ride during summertime beach traffic.

Yeah the old ones will bleed you dry of funds real quick. But once restored the classic Vespas are like works of art. I have a 2015 Primavera 150cc and its pretty much maintenance free if you have a cool dry place to store it when not in use. They don't take up much floor space and the beauty is the twist and go automatic transmission. Makes riding much more enjoyable and lets you enjoy a stress free ride during summertime beach traffic.

I looked at a few 2018 models and it seems like they brought some vintage styling back. If I lived over there long term I'd rock one.

My new money pit is my '02 MX5.

One day I'll turbo the engine but for now I've got a full sport suspension under there and semi-solid engine mounts. It's a bit rough riding on bad pavement but man can it hold a turn! It really is like driving a big Go Kart.
I'm riding in an 06 Mini Cooper S .. talk about Go Kart! It was a toss up for me between the Mini, the Miata or a Fiat 500 Abarth.

Would you guys be interested in a wood project? Making a table top for the stern of my boat.

Would you guys be interested in a wood project? Making a table top for the stern of my boat.
Yeah. What species are you using?
I'm riding in an 06 Mini Cooper S .. talk about Go Kart! It was a toss up for me between the Mini, the Miata or a Fiat 500 Abarth.
My wife had a Mini rental car for a week and she likes them a lot. Good cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back