Kraton What motor are you running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark 1st

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
Hi people hope all is well. Just asking what motors are you running in your kraton 6s? And do you need to upgrade esc. What’s the benefits of getting an upgraded motor
cheers

Hi people hope all is well. Just asking what motors are you running in your kraton 6s? And do you need to upgrade esc. What’s the benefits of getting an upgraded motor
cheers
It would help if we knew your intended use. There is a wide variety of uses and motors accordingly.

Still running stock electronics. Benefits are more power to rip. Upgrading esc depends on what aftermarket motor you go with.

It would help if we knew your intended use. There is a wide variety of uses and motors accordingly.
Just asking what the benefits are? Is it worth doing what your opinions that’s all

The benefits of an upgraded motor and ESC is more power which results in more wear and tear on the differentials, drive cups, and axles. Then you get the added benefit of extra weight that tears up A-Arms, shock ends, and suspension links faster.

The benefits of an upgraded motor and ESC is more power which results in more wear and tear on the differentials, drive cups, and axles. Then you get the added benefit of extra weight that tears up A-Arms, shock ends, and suspension links faster.
Oh, that's so true... ????

Glad your having fun ?

Not a kraton, but I put a max6 in my outcast with the stock motor in hopes that I can gear up a tooth or two for a bit more grace distance to clear some jumps at my bmx track. As it is, the blx185 overheats if I gear higher than a 13T after about 10 minutes. The grass track and trenchers add drag... I only bumped up to a 14T for now, won't know how it does until it warms up out and stops raining long enough.

Depending on how long it takes to be able to go outside with a lower likelihood of dying if I meet someone, I may repurpose the BLX185 for my stampede 4x4 vxl as it overheats too. :(

Could any body confirm the weight of the Hobbywing 4985? according to specs its about 50 grams heavier than a 4092 which doesn't sound bad at all for the extra power it should offer. I'm using the stock chassis so not looking to add too much weight.

I can't give you the weight but I can say that motor is over kill. I rarely see half throttle.
Idk about you but anything over that and the truck just wants to flip over backwards.

Idk about you but anything over that and the truck just wants to flip over backwards.
Exactly lol unstable power it just rocket ships after that lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back