What vinyl material to use for paint mask?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingpin

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
For those of you who are cutting their own decals/masks on a cricut what material are you using?
I have a friend who has a cutter for cutting decals but I told I would supply him with the material.
I am guessing the vinyl is something that is tacky but not permanent that would seal but pull off easily.

download (8).jpg

For those of you who are cutting their own decals/masks on a cricut what material are you using?
I have a friend who has a cutter for cutting decals but I told I would supply him with the material.
I am guessing the vinyl is something that is tacky but not permanent that would seal but pull off easily.
This is what I ordered for making masks on the inside. I haven't tried it yet as I have been busy with work and life for the last several months. I'm hoping it works good though.

https://www.amazon.com/Cricut-Stencil-Vinyl-12-48/dp/B00XC1YDMU

Last edited:
Thanks man. Key thing is it needs to seal and peel off easy.
I take it you don't need transfer tape cause its self adhesive?
I don't know how well it seals since I haven't used it yet. You still need transfer tape. It's just like regular vinyl where it has a dry side and an adhesive side but its transparent and the adhesive isn't permanent.

Oh I was not yelling ORAMASK (all caps) that's the way they spell it
Thats the stuff there!
Luv ya.
No homo.

Any idea what the difference between the 813 and 631 is?
The 813 masking film is semi clear with a lite blue tint, I'm pretty sure 631 would work also, it's suppose to be removable. I've never used it though.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back