Kraton What would you get

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edge71

GETTER DONE
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
I want to get new transmitter and resever but have read a lot and just don't no. What would you get

I personally like the Futaba 3pv. You could pick up a higher end used Spectrum off of eBay, guess it depends on your needs, price range and adjustability.

How much are you willing to spend? I can recommend you radios from $30 - $700 dollars.

I personally like the Futaba 3pv. You could pick up a higher end used Spectrum off of eBay, guess it depends on your needs, price range and adjustability.
Like to stay no more than 300. Just want no antenna on resever. Ben at this all day. Im not no hard core basher.

Like to stay no more than 300. Just want no antenna on resever. Ben at this all day. Im not no hard core basher.
As far as I know all receivers have an antenna, are you referring to the transmitter?

How much money do you want to spend?? $75 or $475.
You have been looking and see so many options. There are. Will get you dizzy. But for the most part the features are all the same.
I have 3 decent radio's among my RTR included stuff.
>Spektrum DX5C
>Flysky Noble NB4
>RadioLink RC6GS.
They are all great for me. I spread them out with my rigs depending.
For instance the cheapest of the bunch. The Radiolink has incredible range. I use that for my Speed running Limitless.
The Noble costs the most, yet has the shortest range. By no means any problem for general bashing. But has the fastest Frame rates. ( quickest response of them all)
The DX5C is a great all around radio.
There are cheaper alternatives and much more expensive ones. These upgrade radios pretty much do the same things feature wise. Multi model memory ( some are 10 model , some 20 model and double that. etc. Used to be a Futaba fan boy, but their receivers cost so much $$. Radio's also. It adds up when adding more Rx's for additional models. Radiolink has the least expensive receivers of the bunch. Spektrum is in the middle somewhere depending which Rx's you want. They make $80.(AVC w/Telem) as well as $44.( basic 3 channel) Rx's.
Some appear easier to navigate the screens, but in reality it is just a learning curve. Once you understand your particular radio and ALL of its features, its quite easy. There is a learning curve to ALL of them. I cant say one is truly easier than another radio.
Others will have their own ideas. Good luck.
:cool:

As far as I know all receivers have an antenna, are you referring to the transmitter?
I think he wants something with an internal antenna like the Tactic TR325 and 326 receivers.

You have been looking and see so many options. There are. Will get you dizzy. But for the most part the features are all the same.
>Spektrum DX5C
>Flysky Noble NB4
>RadioLink RC6GS.
For instance the cheapest of the bunch. The Radiolink has incredible range. I use that for my Speed running Limitless.
The Noble costs the most, yet has the shortest range. By no means any problem for general bashing. But has the fastest Frame rates. ( quickest response of them all)
There are cheaper alternatives and much more expensive ones. These upgrade radios pretty much do the same things feature wise. Multi model memory ( some are 10 model , some 20 model and double that. etc. Used to be a Futaba fan boy, but their receivers cost so much $$. Radio's also. It adds up when adding more Rx's for additional models. Radiolink has the least expensive receivers of the bunch. Spektrum is in the middle somewhere depending which Rx's you want. They make $80.(AVC w/Telem) as well as $44.( basic 3 channel) Rx's.
Some appear easier to navigate the screens, but in reality it is just a learning curve. Once you understand your particular radio and ALL of its features, its quite easy. There is a learning curve to ALL of them. I cant say one is truly easier than another radio.
You can get "Spektrum" receivers for cheap on eBay. I currently have 4 of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4GHz-3CH...357644?hash=item1f15a89bcc:g:KVkAAOSwoCNfTJlw and 1 of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/SR3100-3-C...975447?hash=item48d6f43b17:g:NlgAAOSwEY1dy-Hm
They are about $19 shipped from the US https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=spektrum+sr3100&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1
Yeah I know they are DSM2 and not DSMR but I couldn't tell a difference between these and the SRS6000 that came with my DX5C.

>Spektrum DX5C
>Flysky Noble NB4
>RadioLink RC6GS.
Thanks so much for the in addvice
Nope them all have antennas on them. Thank tho
Nope them all have antennas on them. Thank tho
I think he wants something with an internal antenna like the Tactic TR325 and 326 receivers.
Yes thought i was not saying it right

Last edited:
I think tactic is good for beginners.
I would just like to find a gd one for my build. I would like to think i got rid of my training wheels.

20201220_103533_HDR.jpg

Flysky gt5 is good and cheap with the reciver you are looking for
Flysky gt5 is good and cheap with the reciver you are looking for
That still has antenna on resever !

Let me rephrase that. The gt5 is a good starting point radio you will just need the fgr4s receiver. Unless you purchase the noble nb4 which comes with that reciver. Other then that you will be spending more then the gt5 to run that type of reciver with the same protocol. Others have cheaper radios but do not work on the same protocol as their wireless reciver. You would be better off just bunching up the wire and shoving in the radio box. You honestly will get a better range with less latency.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back