Granite What's up with my slipper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Granite mega with stock slipper. It accelerates slowly and whines under full throttle. I have taken the entire car apart (even diffs) and can't find any issues.

The problem only goes away if I tighten the slipper nut 100%. Will this cause any other problems? Should I replace the slipper assembly?

you should upgrade to the 3s slipper the stock mega slipper just isnt very good and the 48p teeth are prone to failure more so that the 0.8mod teeth of the 3s slipper

you should upgrade to the 3s slipper the stock mega slipper just isnt very good and the 48p teeth are prone to failure more so that the 0.8mod teeth of the 3s slipper
Thanks. I'm trying to avoid that expense if possible. Any ideas for diagnosing the issue with my current setup?

The slipper pads do wear out and eventually need replaced. Just like brake pads on your car. Either leave it 100% tight or replace the slipper pads. Just remember, if you tighten the slipper 100% it is still gonna wear down even more over time and you won't be able to tighten it anymore and will need to replace the slipper pads anyway. A set of slipper pads is only about $5. Just replace them now to get it over with and avoid future problems.

Can anyone tell me what parts are needed to convert a granite mega v3 to the 3s slipper?

Here’s the main part:
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...-hd-slipper-clutch-assembly-diff-57t-ar102696

You’ll also need a new “mod .8” pinion.

Most people make this change when upgrading to brushless with a larger (5mm) motor shaft.

You should also get this, but I don’t know that it’s completely necessary:
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...minum-red-mount-motor-granite-senton-ar102696
Can anyone confirm if i need the motor mount or not?
And is there a downside to this?

Last edited:
om/hot-racing-arrma-4x4-aluminum-hex-slipper-clutch-pad-hraatf15h/p-qezlq2qancqxactz?gclid=CjwKCAjwwqaGBhBKEiwAMk-FtOA8-c8UPuBVqrZNyYYTZitwUrU4sn0hdcNP5cES0A81DsG9EflCPxoCZOUQAvD_BwE

You can try these. I bought one for my Granite Mega and it worked great.

om/hot-racing-arrma-4x4-aluminum-hex-slipper-clutch-pad-hraatf15h/p-qezlq2qancqxactz?gclid=CjwKCAjwwqaGBhBKEiwAMk-FtOA8-c8UPuBVqrZNyYYTZitwUrU4sn0hdcNP5cES0A81DsG9EflCPxoCZOUQAvD_BwE

You can try these. I bought one for my Granite Mega and it worked great.
Link doesn’t work

You do not need the motor mount unless you want to go brushless. Even on 2s my pinion is wearing funny, because of flex in the mount, so I am upgrading the mount. You do not need it unless you plan to upgrade.

A slipper clutch will save your gears. Idiot mate decided to do some full throttle donuts in loose dirt with my BR. The engine starting cogging so bad the car wouldn't move. Thankfully the slipper had worked its way loose so no damage done.

Back