Kraton Wheel not coming off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stand corrected, I was just looking at different Arrma 6s hub adapters, aside from the FT, BR and new K6EXB, the others all have the thinner hexes.
Of course if the wheel we're using doesn't have a hex that's deep enough to take advantage of the hexes width, no gain. I see Tekno (MT410) hex adapters are chamfered at the edges as well, my guess is ease of wheel installation.
On a different note, Arrma does use small diameter pins to secure the adapters to the stub axles, which I have broken several of over the past 3 years. Tekno .3 models also used small pins, the 2.0 and 2.1 models now use larger pins, like any credible race level rig does, such as Xray. IMO as a basher, Arrma should be using larger diameter pins too.
I’m with ya 100% man.. It’s the nature of this hobby. I’ve been in it since the mid 1980’s, and we are ALWAYS gonna find those weak links, and build shiiiit better, given the opportunity.. 🤙

I’m with ya 100% man.. It’s the nature of this hobby. I’ve been in it since the mid 1980’s, and we are ALWAYS gonna find those weak links, and build shiiiit better, given the opportunity.. 🤙
Me too bro!! First RC10 at 15 years old in the mid eighties!! Was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen!! Now I laugh when I see one, LOL. No disrespect, it was the best, or amongst the best of it's time..just that by comparison to what we have available today, well you know. I'm not really that nostalgic to want one nowadays.

Ha! I was going on 8 when I got mine! Went racing immediately! Custom Composite Craft graphite chassis, Andy’s/MIP/RPM lay down front end, Team Pit Stop chain drive trans… my pops was good to us.. we stayed in it for a long time. Then I moved on to 1/8 scale and never looked back lol.. A drug habit would for sure be cheaper lol..🤣
I do get nostalgic from time to time, but I’ll likely buy a few 1/10 Tamiya kits and shelf-build em..

Ha! I was going on 8 when I got mine! Went racing immediately! Custom Composite Craft graphite chassis, Andy’s/MIP/RPM lay down front end, Team Pit Stop chain drive trans… my pops was good to us.. we stayed in it for a long time. Then I moved on to 1/8 scale and never looked back lol.. A drug habit would for sure be cheaper lol..🤣
I do get nostalgic from time to time, but I’ll likely buy a few 1/10 Tamiya kits and shelf-build em..
I never really took to the racing part. I did oval dirt track briefly with it. Had a modified body, nerf bars, offset tires..then, I just Frankenstein'd it to terrorize the neighborhood with, Kyosho Stinger 4wd front suspension on it that was stupid wide. My bro bought the Stinger nitro 4wd buggy..never really ran it. What a PIA to get it started. Had to wind a string around the crank pulley, had chain drive..he shelved it, I stole a bunch of stuff off it for my amusement. That's what little brothers (me) are for right?!🤣🤣

I never really took to the racing part. I did oval dirt track briefly with it. Had a modified body, nerf bars, offset tires..then, I just Frankenstein'd it to terrorize the neighborhood with, Kyosho Stinger 4wd front suspension on it that was stupid wide. My bro bought the Stinger nitro 4wd buggy..never really ran it. What a PIA to get it started. Had to wind a string around the crank pulley, had chain drive..he shelved it, I stole a bunch of stuff off it for my amusement. That's what little brothers (me) are for right?!🤣🤣
Yeah, you bastards kept life interesting lol… Mine was always jacking my shiiit.. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣 He had a turbo Ultima, and he for sure wished he had an RC10 as well like me and pops.. We ran dirt oval, carpet oval, carpet road course, and asphalt road course.. the off-road guys were on the rowdy side, and we were just kids, so we didn’t get to partake in that.. So when I got into 1/8, it was nitro, and off-road!!!! 😜. I dig the brushless stuff nowadays, but I still gotta have my nitros.. either way; dirt for the win!

I've used a steering wheel or small harmonic balancer puller a few times, then always reamed out the center hole slightly to gain thermal contraction/nut squeeze clearance the next time. Whether its a chainsaw file or you egg out slightly using the drill it can be frustrating in the field if you don't clearance the adapter holes properly.

Last edited:
Oh man…. We have seriously jacked and derailed my boys thread like some champions..🤣
...guilty as charged. Sorry guys. If there were a trophy for thread killer, I'd be in like flint!!🤣🤣
I've used a steering wheel or small harmonic balancer puller a few times, they always reamed out the center hole slightly to gain thermal contraction clearance the next time. Whether its a chainsaw file or you egg out slightly using the drill it can be frustrating in the field if you don't clearance the adapter holes properly.
I've noted on several rigs over the years that often times when wheels are really hard to get on or off, it's the center hole is just too small. I drill them out, easy peasy after that.
Xmaxx stock wheels, and Duratrax for Xmaxx...OMG!! Terrible!! Until I drilled them out.

Rather have them be a little tight than a little loose...

tenor.gif

...guilty as charged. Sorry guys. If there were a trophy for thread killer, I'd be in like flint!!🤣🤣

I've noted on several rigs over the years that often times when wheels are really hard to get on or off, it's the center hole is just too small. I drill them out, easy peasy after that.
Xmaxx stock wheels, and Duratrax for Xmaxx...OMG!! Terrible!! Until I drilled them out.
I’ve got to use my reamer on every DE Racing wheel I buy…🤷🏻‍♂️😅

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back