where to buy precut typhon 6s v4 body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avogev

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
hey guys

im trying to find a precut unpainted body for the typhon 6s v4. any help appreciated.

i saw that one but it seems like its not precut for the wheels. do they always come like that?

i saw that one but it seems like its not precut for the wheels. do they always come like that?

20190609_154703.jpg

I think you're getting confused about the shape a little.

That body shell is ready to go straight on the Typhon without any cutting needed. Just wash/dry, mask off what you want to (windows for example), paint and it's done. Trust me I did one the other day. ;)

06.JPG

The only thing I bought extra that you will also need to consider is the body retainer clip rubbers. Part number# AR390178
These: https://www.modelsport.co.uk/arrma-body-clip-retainers-1-8th-scale-black-4-/rc-car-products/405395
Beaten to it by @Mike-NLD .:LOL: ;)

I bought mine straight through the arrma/Horizon website. Pre-cut. It’s in transit.

i bought the ones mentioned above. the problem i have is that they are all the glossy type. the stock one that comes with the v4 typhon is noticeably thicker, more pliable and matte. less prone to cracking just on my initial impressions and comparison. is there a way to get the clear version of THAT one?

I think you're getting confused about the shape a little.

That body shell is ready to go straight on the Typhon without any cutting needed. Just wash/dry, mask off what you want to (windows for example), paint and it's done. Trust me I did one the other day. ;)

View attachment 40586

The only thing I bought extra that you will also need to consider is the body retainer clip rubbers. Part number# AR390178
These: https://www.modelsport.co.uk/arrma-body-clip-retainers-1-8th-scale-black-4-/rc-car-products/405395
Beaten to it by @Mike-NLD .:LOL: ;)

Still love the paintjob! Is was thinking about getting a optional white wing.. So that i can paint it.. Not gonna happen.. Same material as the black one.. But i found a lexan 1/8 wing made by pro-line.. They are discontinued.. But i found some still in stock!

IMG_20190626_173143.jpg

@Mike-NLD I know Hobbyking do a lot of R/C wings so it may be worth a look on there.

Any wing can be painted as long as you key the surface up properly and remove any mould release agents from it first the paint should adhere. The problem is it will be very prone to damage/paint chips etc if you paint on top. Clear polycarbonate/lexan plastic mouldings are much better at resisting that as you paint the inside so less chance of scratches etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back