Why aren’t people raving over this battery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaySuave808

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Wish I had solid numbers for results but has anyone used this before?
This is paired with 1515 CC AND 1/8 sidewinder.

3A8494C6-BFB4-480D-A4F9-F3513BF331BC.jpeg

300C... 1800amps burst :oops:

Why do I feel like those wires would incinerate at those loads even if only at a fraction of a second..

Maybe people are getting numb to "C" ratings... They tend to be quite inflated.

Last edited:
Their from a legitimate company so don't see why they wouldn't be ok.
https://www.powerhobby.com/ph-6s-6000mah-150c-ec5.html

Is it just me or is this battery pretty light for a 6S?

Specs :
Lenth : 132mm
Width : 44mm
Height : 58.5mm
Weight : 25.9OZ
Suggested Charge Rate: 2c
Wire : 10 gauge
Continuous Discharge: 150c
Max Burst Rate: 300c

Voltage Output: 22.2v

But is the battery decent for the money.

Powerhobby lipos tend to be on the pricey side and I've heard more negative things about them than I have positive so I've steered clear of them. I can't recall specifics anymore what exactly, but I very distinctly have them filed under "could be problematic, avoid" in the back of my mind. I'm not saying Powerhobby lipos always have problem I'm just giving you the general sense that I've gotten from those who have used them. But, as always, YMMV.

@dwashb7145 You can check out their prices here. https://www.islandhobbynut.com/search-results?q=powerhobby

They are one of the few battery manufacturers that produce 8S & 5S packs as a part of their off the shelf packs (I can't think of another company that does off the top of my head) so there's that.

I use this one and never had any issues. Seems like a good batt to me. 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 291254
I have that exact same battery and it's been great.. I've cycled it a ton, beat the hell out of it, it's been completely submerged under water 2 or 3 times and still works good.. I've got 2 cells that our finally starting to go bad, they've got pretty high ir readings compared to the other 4 cells but it still has great power and good run time, and it's really lightweight for a 6s battery. When the one I have finally dies, I'll definitely get another one, and I believe they can be bought for $115ish

You are and that’s all that matters!

Check out the Lipo testing threads to see how subpar that battery actually is in comparison.

What do they cost? Its unfortunate that the C ratings are essentially made up. :/
I paid $203 on amazon

7041110F-08D1-4265-A340-ADEBB2EC174D.png

I have that exact same battery and it's been great.. I've cycled it a ton, beat the hell out of it, it's been completely submerged under water 2 or 3 times and still works good.. I've got 2 cells that our finally starting to go bad, they've got pretty high ir readings compared to the other 4 cells but it still has great power and good run time, and it's really lightweight for a 6s battery. When the one I have finally dies, I'll definitely get another one, and I believe they can be bought for $115ish
Can you give more info where I can save $100?

Specs :

It is certainly on the lighter side.

Specs :

10 gauge wire…
Doesn’t sound great for $200+

If you’re familiar with the sidewinder 1/8th and Castle Creations 2200kv… is this battery sufficient?

This is the battery I have that I was referring to. I know it's not the same battery you started the thread about, I was just letting everyone know that this one is a great choice for the 6s rigs... sorry for any confusion

Screenshot_20230410-133016_Chrome.jpg

This is the battery I have that I was referring to. I know it's not the same battery you started the thread about, I was just letting everyone know that this one is a great choice for the 6s rigs... sorry for any confusion

1000 mah and 50C less
The C rating makes all batteries exponentially more expensive (as you saw $70 extra for higher C and a little mah)
You can get Zee batts for like $60 a piece
https://www.amazon.com/Zeee-Connect...mzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840

The only reason you might need the PowerHobby is size. As I have learnt the hard way for Tekno/Losi they only take 140mm, while most of these decent and cheap chinese batts are 155mm

I had no issues with Hoovo, Zee batts in my Arrma rigs, they leave tire tracks like the mx bike and go forever. :)

I use PowerHobby lipo and they work good for me. My LHS has them, I started to use them when the V1 Big Rock 3s came out. I have 3s,4s, and 6s and never any issues. I used to strictly use Zippy and Venom and for me I choose PH over them, PH also makes pretty decent parts too..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back