Senton Why aren't short-course trucks and buggies the basher platforms of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMightyAtom

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
The way I see it, short course trucks and buggies have the following durability advantages over monster trucks and truggies:

1. Their wheels and tires are lighter, meaning less strain on drivetrains and less leverage on A-arms and suspension components;

2. Their A-arms are generally shorter, which adds durability;

3. For short-course trucks, their bumpers and bodies cover them almost entirely, providing some toughness. For buggies, their handling is so good that they tend to land on all fours, helping them survive.

It seems to me like SCTs and buggies would be natural chassis choices for bashers. So why aren't they (seemingly) as popular as platforms like the Kraton and Outcast? Keeping in mind that I have no sales data from Arrma to back up my claims about popularity.

Sct don't have nearly the correction/backflip ability that the MTs have because of their tire size. Another factor is the MTs have a much higher right height allowing to go over more things easier. The MT suspension is built to handle harder landings better and the larger tires help this as well. Sct also are much more prone to rolling over. The sct body also acts as a parachute when jumping or wheeling which can be frustrating at times. Plus I think the MT styling just attracts a lot of people to it. Plus they go on YouTube and see people sending the kraton to the heavens so that's an awfully good selling point lol

That's why stadium trucks are so good for bashing. They're this magical hodgepodge blend of monster trucks, buggies, street racers and short course trucks.

SCT will always be my favorite, have a bunch of them . Yup , they parachute, roll easy , and don’t correct in the air like others . For me it is the look and driving experience. The most realistic looking and driving are the UDR and SBR 2.0 . The quickest and most durable bar none is the Senton 6S .

For me, it’s the reduced ground clearance vs monster trucks. Most of my running is done on athletic fields, and school fields, where the grass may or may not be cut. With a buggy or SCT ride height, there would be a lot more friction which equals hotter motor and esc temperatures. Several threads on this forum discuss this and swayed me away from SCT or buggy when choosing my rc’s

SCT will always be my favorite, have a bunch of them . Yup , they parachute, roll easy , and don’t correct in the air like others . For me it is the look and driving experience.
👆👆I agree 100%!!! I'm a little biased towards SCTs though, as I have a dirt track in my back yard. I have 4 SCTs and my favorite also is the Senton, although 3s. I haven't completed my Tekno SCT build kit yet, but I have a feeling that is going to give the Senton a run for it's money!! I never bash with them though. 🤔😁✌️

👆👆I agree 100%!!! I'm a little biased towards SCTs though, as I have a dirt track in my back yard. I have 4 SCTs and my favorite also is the Senton, although 3s. I haven't completed my Tekno SCT build kit yet, but I have a feeling that is going to give the Senton a run for it's money!! I never bash with them though. 🤔😁✌️
When I used to run 4wd SCT there were 2 that prevailed , Losi SCTE 3.0 and Tekno 410 . The Tekno is a tank , very durable, but on our track I noticed they were nose heavy . My friend running his used to say he noticed the Losi turns better and was more tunable . Keep in mind this is on a high grip indoor carpet track. Outdoors on our larger turf track they were neck and neck ! But he did still say that my Losi flew thru the air easier . Fun times ! Sad to even say I’m selling mine as I just don’t use it anymore.

SCTs used to be my favorite style of rc until I realized how much dirt & debris get thrown & trapped inside of the chasis/frame due to the fact that the wheels are actually inside of the body
While I’d like to have the Scorched inner fenders , I run a chassis net cover on my Senton and Mojave with no problems , but have fans on the motors

While I’d like to have the Scorched inner fenders , I run a chassis net cover on my Senton and Mojave with no problems , but have fans on the motors
I have the scorched fenders on my Mojave and they helped tremendously. But from a sheer out the box, no extra accessories purchased standpoint, the debris accumulation between a SCT & MT are Night & day difference. The chasis cover that you run are also extremely helpful.

Think they might be more popular with larger tires like the Mojave - with it's almost Talion sized wheels.

The larger wheels allow true all terrain play. Buggies and SCT can get killed by grass unless it's 1/7th scale or later

I wear monster tires on my Talion dispite the handling disadvantages because I like high speeds on any surface over very slightly higher speeds on only prepared perfect spaces

buggies crash hard there's hardly any ground clearance and a lot harder to jump and correct in the air there a bit too small for my liking for bashing

32nlrv.jpg

SC tracks i think they are ugly and clumsy with that big bodyshells!
They ain't built to be pretty 💅and clumsy is just fine whipping/drifting around a dirt track!! (y) 💪 :LOL:✌️

I prefer buggies, the low center of gravity, and low clearance are great for Track, and local baseball fields where I play 75% of the time. I like how nimble the steering is, and drifting in turns is just to awesome. Bear in mind I'm not a hard core basher, so for me I'm simple. I own Typhon, Vortek, and Losi DB Pro, and the 2 buggies get 3x more playtime than my Vortek.

Back