Why in the HELL does arrma not fix their crappy driveshafts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamd

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I'm so sick of having to but the same parts evwrytime I go run only to have them come apart again wtf do i need to do get or adjust so that these driveshafts will stop coming apart????

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sick of having to but the same parts evwrytime I go run only to have them come apart again wtf do i need to do get or adjust so that these driveshafts will stop coming apart????
1st off, calm down. 2nd I have never heard of the driveshafts comming apart. Are they snapping? Or are the metal hex pieces comming of with the tire. If its the later, put thread locker on the screws. You should put thread locker on any screws that are threading into metal. What car are you having problems with? Could you please explain whats happening in more detail?

Never had an issue with mine and I've done both speed runs and bashing 🤷‍♂️....reiterate please

calm down rainbow brite GIF
Keep calm😉 how do we know which is “crappy” driveshafts or user?

I’ve been beating my granite driveshafts on over geared 4s, 55+mph pure abuse bashing in the most abrasive hot sandy terrain and the most gross dirty muck and dirt I can find in my state for 2 years and popped one rear driveshaft and one front one. Replaced the rear one and I’m still running the front one a year later. I do not treat my granite nicely but it keeps trucking. All the parts are original to the time I purchased it accept for the spur, arms, a few ring and pinion sets, and chassis brace. Mastering the slipper clutch is an art my friend and I got her licked at the moment. No maintenance for months, something is off here because simply replacing parts without looking into why those parts failed or what caused them to fail will not fix the issue.

do you mean that the driveshafts are breaking or just poping out of the diff cups because the latter is a simple fix just unscrew 1 screw and screw it back in
of course I don't have any experience with anything other than 6s but I have done both bashing and speed and I have yet to have those problems happen to me

The plastic driveshaft snaps where it connects to either the diff, or the other end where it connects to the axle end. It happens to me quite often, even with the slipper barely grabbing. I just figured it is because i have a V1 Granite 4X4, and i swapped in a 3800KV motor and 60 or 80 A ESC, depending on what i have laying around.

images 2.jpg

The plastic driveshaft snaps where it connects to either the diff, or the other end where it connects to the axle end. It happens to me quite often, even with the slipper barely grabbing. I just figured it is because i have a V1 Granite 4X4, and i swapped in a 3800KV motor and 60 or 80 A ESC, depending on what i have laying around.

View attachment 131001
For some reason I was only breaking fronts, then I adjusted my slipper and I've had the same set on it for about a year, they are getting a bit wore out though.

And @Adamd Arrma does make an upgrade for those as long as you have the Senton, Granite or Big Rock https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310870 they will work on the Typhon but you will have to use one of the 17mm hub adapters for the Granite, Senton or Big Rock.

1st off, calm down. 2nd I have never heard of the driveshafts comming apart. Are they snapping? Or are the metal hex pieces comming of with the tire. If its the later, put thread locker on the screws. You should put thread locker on any screws that are threading into metal. What car are you having problems with? Could you please explain whats happening in more detail?
I'm calm now I was pissed because I just installed brand new ones the days before and ita an arrma big rock and no it never breaks or comes off at the screw they either separate from each other(the male piece from the female) or come apart at the little metal cross with the eye in the middle where you access the screw. I get that things break but it does get irritating when the same thing breaks nearly every run when you are doing anything too extreme
For some reason I was only breaking fronts, then I adjusted my slipper and I've had the same set on it for about a year, they are getting a bit wore out though.

And @Adamd Arrma does make an upgrade for those as long as you have the Senton, Granite or Big Rock https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310870 they will work on the Typhon but you will have to use one of the 17mm hub adapters for the Granite, Senton or Big Rock.
Ok cool thanks and I did try loosening the slipper and it seems extremely sensitive if I barely back it off from fully tight it slips a lot and barely moves how do you set yours?

Ok cool thanks and I did try loosening the slipper and it seems extremely sensitive if I barely back it off from fully tight it slips a lot and barely moves how do you set yours?

I'm calm now I was pissed because I just installed brand new ones the days before and ita an arrma big rock and no it never breaks or comes off at the screw they either separate from each other(the male piece from the female) or come apart at the little metal cross with the eye in the middle where you access the screw. I get that things break but it does get irritating when the same thing breaks nearly every run when you are doing anything too extreme

Check out the video I posted.

Weird. Mine have never done that. I would say you had faulty drive shafts but you said it did it with a new pair too? You didn't mess with your punch settings i'm assuming. I can't think of anything else except a precisley set slipper clutch.🤷‍♂️ You can also put thread locker on the slipper clutch screw. I didn't on mine and it backed out. I was like, "NOO! not another stripped diff" when it stopped going. :ROFLMAO: Good luck on getting it figured out.(y) If you need more help, don't hesitate to ask.:cool:
226 subscribers @jondilly1974!

broken driveshaft are mostly from tight slipper, but also from heavy wheels and tires.
my cars are 3 years old, and still on the original driveshafts.

What version of the big rock do you have? the blue or the black one?
the newer V3 slipper is easier to set and less sensitive.

Typhon 3s from 2019 and now running 6s motor and electronics. Original driveshafts. Granite 3s February 2020. Original driveshafts. What sucks is I bought about 5 extra sets from Jennys Rc back in 2019 expecting exploding shafts, but now they just take up space in my 3s parts box🤬

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back