Kraton Why M2C braces?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My K6 is almost all M2C out and is my go to basher

The Kraton EXB chassis braces seem stout. What’s the benefit of upgrading to the M2C braces?
I got the kraton exb roller and still have the exb braces on mine. On my outcast, I went cheaper at first and got hot racing braces. After bending them... I got M2C.

My rear EXB brace is tweaked a little bit. No way a longer HR one would have held up on it either.

I bought the beefcake kit for my Outcast to Mojave conversion. Don't forget these or you will bust the top ears off of your rear differential case eventually.
https://m2cracing.net/shop/shop.php...CK-TOWER-BRACE/p/478044788/category=136157755

3144331453.jpg

Little to no practical strength advantage, as the weak point in the bracing setup is the lower mount screw, which will tend to shear off before the brace bends. M2C has a flat spot on the top, which makes it easier to extract a sheared screw by grabbing it from the opposite end.

Little to no practical strength advantage, as the weak point in the bracing setup is the lower mount screw, which will tend to shear off before the brace bends. M2C has a flat spot on the top, which makes it easier to extract a sheared screw by grabbing it from the opposite end.
The lower locating prong on the M2C is a better fit than the EXB. At least to an M2C chassis IMO. But, yeah.. mostly bling factor.

The Kraton EXB chassis braces seem stout. What’s the benefit of upgrading to the M2C braces?
Good question

I don't know the right answer as I am still using the EXB stock.

I could be wrong but I feel it comes down to how you bash.

I'm not a Rich D, or RC Dude81 and I like ground action on my RC. I only send it off small inclines or hills and where I need my strength is when I wipe out on the ground not the air so I play with little air. I think the stock EXB does fine if you know your level and not speed all that money.

Now I do have M2C rear shock mount brace support I think items like that are smart to not bend the shock mount and redirect that force.

Just my 2 cents.

Neither the EXB nor M2C brace has a locating prong on the Kraton. There's only a single M4 screw supporting it on the bottom, which is a poor design and renders the strength advantage of better brace material null (or nearly so).
My mistake sir. You are 100% correct. Not sure what I was thinking there. M2C added the prong. This is the Mojave chassis
thumbnail.jpeg

Neither the EXB nor M2C brace has a locating prong on the Kraton. There's only a single M4 screw supporting it on the bottom, which is a poor design and renders the strength advantage of better brace material null (or nearly so).
That prong you mentioned is why i replaced the rear EXB brace with a GPM one, after shearing off the screw.

And the really stupid part, the Kraton EXB chassis has provisions for either a locating prong or a brace with 2 screws and a locating prong..................

20221110_214609.jpg

My mistake sir. You are 100% correct. Not sure what I was thinking there. M2C added the prong. This is the Mojave chassisView attachment 255598
The Majove and Talion both have prongs from the factory iirc.

agree the chassis braces should be keyed like on the talion

I ended up putting longer screws up thru the chassis to accept a nylock nut on the top of the brace to try to mitigate the shear force. When/if it breaks then I'll upgrade

View attachment 255639
That also gives you a stump to get a hold on to remove if you shear it off. I use longer bolts for all 3 of them on mine usually, just for that and a locknut.

No issues with my EXB braces. It is a matter of how much coin you want to send for M2C bragging rights.
If you want that 50+ foot Big Air Sends , then you want the Better M2C $stuff$, chassis, braces and all.
Otherwise for most, EXB braces are just finefor the price. IMHO.
If you don't like the Red anodizing, just use a strong degreaser, then a polish to make it have a bare alloy look.

That also gives you a stump to get a hold on to remove if you shear it off. I use longer bolts for all 3 of them on mine usually, just for that and a locknut.
Do the same with a locknut.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back