Wing/wheelie bar stock upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbizzle

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
DD73D9DA-97E8-4C34-B2AD-3DD517213791.jpeg
F7572643-25C5-463C-B2FB-9E99A4336805.jpeg
4953FBB8-9AD2-44E2-9B29-D6CEB8256554.jpeg

Hahaha I did the EXACT same thing. Sorry to say, only made it two bash sessions. Take your wing right off. After I put TBR wing mount and wheelie bar on and took the wing off, no more wing mount breaks no matter how hard I beat on it.

And if your rear shock Tower is starting to bend like a banana, move the upper part of shocks to the innermost Mount hole.

Yes, they have the same stock number. The Kraton and Outcast run a lot of the same parts.

6EF87544-3E9A-49AA-8958-69526DFA30DB.jpeg
B733D8AC-50CF-49C9-96B6-974C7B5D4617.jpeg
Hahaha I did the EXACT same thing. Sorry to say, only made it two bash sessions. Take your wing right off. After I put TBR wing mount and wheelie bar on and took the wing off, no more wing mount breaks no matter how hard I beat on it.
I figured that I couldn’t be the first person that did this. Lol I left the wing on for the first bash at the local track on 6s. But after reading your post I decided to modify the wing a little for the second bash. So far so good. fingers crossed lol. Did yours break the same way as the first time? Not sure how I feel about the looks lol

Cutting your wing down like that should be ok. It's kind of the same as taking it right off. Your wing mount should last a lot longer like that.

That was exactly my logic when it came to removing it. I held my outcast and just simulated it crashing and tumbling and decided the wing was the leverage that was twisting the wing mount till it snapped. I was literally breaking the mount every other time I used it. Now I take it in the woods and roll it down crazy hills and the wing mount is perfect. TBR makes nice stuff. Plus a lifetime warranty is always awesome.

A small tip; screw the wing (no pun intended) all the way then back off half a turn. I use metal washers for coolness and you can also check that they can rotate when turned by fingers. This will help durability.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back