Wish I could bash!! Still to damn hot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outcastblxnut

Send it...bend it...mend it🤪
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
I've run a couple times. Thermal killing me. Mostly grass. Cause dirt is a dust bowl. Don't wanna deal with that. I'm fanned out and still can run 10 min. Please come fall?

I hear ya... it's way to hot here too.

hot.png

We had a rough stretch like that here. It sucks. Even if you tried to go out after dark, our overpopulated state bird (mosquito) would try and carry you away. Luckily our hot season is short!

It’s only mid 80s here in NW Ohio. Have a nice cool wave coming Thursday with mid 70s. Gonna feel like fall soon.

I have been brainstorming an IC refrigeration device like ones used on High end PC processors. Needs 12v source and a way to mount on an ESC and motor heatink. It replaces a fan and is basically a square plate that gets cold to the touch when powered on. A water coolant radiator has been designed before. One company makes it Its an off shoot from RC boats but adds a fan and radiator. Just need a fast moving water pump. Heat is always a problem especially when pushing electrics with 25 volts and high amp draw
I hear ya... it's way to hot here too.

View attachment 46065
At least you have 11mph gusts of something.:LOL: Hopefully cool wind.

I have been brainstorming an IC refrigeration device like ones used on High end PC processors. Needs 12v source and a way to mount on an ESC and motor heatink. It replaces a fan and is basically a square plate that gets cold to the touch when powered on. A water coolant radiator has been designed before. One company makes it Its an off shoot from RC boats but adds a fan and radiator. Just need a fast moving water pump. Heat is always a problem especially when pushing electrics with 25 volts and high amp draw

At least you have 11mph gusts of something.:LOL: Hopefully cool wind.
I think you are referring to a Peltier cooler. Pretty simple device, but I'm not sure they are able to hold up to bashing?

@jondilly1974 , Yes Peltier cooler. Its considered an IC. You are the man. No one else ever heard of that. But it has no moving parts. Maybe a plus. But, yes I believe they are brittle IC's in general. It has to be mounted across a flat plane surface to be effective. Used to be expensive. Now they are cheap. Depending on ambient temps and humidity they have been known to create moisture. With WP RC electrics maybe not an issue. I used to build boxes back a while ago.

Attachments

• Peltier chip.jpg
    Peltier chip.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
@jondilly1974 , Yes Peltier cooler. Its considered an IC. You are the man. No one else ever heard of that. But it has no moving parts. Maybe a plus. But, yes I believe they are brittle IC's in general. It has to be mounted across a flat plane surface to be effective. Used to be expensive. Now they are cheap.View attachment 46068
I think if you sandwich it with another heatsink on top to keep it in place, it might work fine.I don't know how large they need to be to cool enough for a 150A ESC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back