Kraton Wonder what Arrma/HH cooking up for this😳

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hobbywing uses cheap bearings in their retail motors now imagine what they put in the rtr motors.
had not trouble with any of my arrma rtr motors for seven years. have seized one or two but that was my fault. had bearings go on the hobbywing 2200kv motor but thats it

had not trouble with any of my arrma rtr motors for seven years. have seized one or two but that was my fault. had bearings go on the hobbywing 2200kv motor but thats it
I've lost a couple bearings in my 2050kv Arrma motors, I lost count of how many I replaced on the 3s and as I mentioned my 2050kv Spektrum motor had bad bearings out of the box, there have been a number of threads and Facebook posts with people having the same experience, iirc @SrC said his Spektrum motor bearings were damn near dry out of the box. There are multiple threads on replacing trashed motor bearings as well, more so with the Arrma 1/10 4x4 platform than everything else combined, so it is not like it is that uncommon.

I wonder though how much of that was the 3s motor and contaminates. We have some miles on a couple of our 3s models. After sealing the power modules we don't seem to have issues.

I did run into a problem where I found the spur rubbing on the power module plastic case causing a fine black plastic powder inside. Who knew trying to keep the power module clean would be such a task..

I've lost a couple bearings in my 2050kv Arrma motors, I lost count of how many I replaced on the 3s and as I mentioned my 2050kv Spektrum motor had bad bearings out of the box, there have been a number of threads and Facebook posts with people having the same experience, iirc @SrC said his Spektrum motor bearings were damn near dry out of the box. There are multiple threads on replacing trashed motor bearings as well, more so with the Arrma 1/10 4x4 platform than everything else combined, so it is not like it is that uncommon.
don't no anything about the 3s cars at all but all my 6s cars motors have been fine run them right though the winter as well

don't no anything about the 3s cars at all but all my 6s cars motors have been fine run them right though the winter as well
I'm not in any way saying that they are all junk just that the likelihood of them going bad can happen. Hobbywing has even admitted that they don't have a lot of control over the production. In one of the threads about the 4985 1650kv Hobbywing motor it is supposed to have Japanese bearings in it but some guys had Thailand some had Indonesia I think mine are from the Philippines.

It did. I don’t know why people keep propagating misinformation.

I see it on Facebook a lot. I've even seen people trying to sell the electronics out of their E-Revo 2.0 as Castle electronics. It was what 2017-2018 when they switched the E-Revo and E-Maxx over to the VXL6s? Right around the time the XMaxx came out I think.

It did. I don’t know why people keep propagating misinformation.
Sorry, I wasn’t aware that I was. That’s just what I’ve heard for quite some time.
IMG_2675.jpeg

Dan B is now Russel B? Cancel Culture hits the RC forums?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back