Kraton Wonder what Arrma/HH cooking up for this😳

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.bizzy RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Felony
  4. Fireteam
  5. Granite
  6. Infraction
  7. Limitless
  8. Kraton 8S
  9. Kraton EXB
  10. Kraton 4s
  11. Mojave EXB
  12. Outcast 4s
  13. Outcast EXB
  14. Senton 6s
  15. Senton 3s
  16. Talion EXB
  17. Typhon 3s
  18. Typhon 6s
  19. Vendetta
  20. Vorteks
  21. Infraction 4x4
New 6S EXB line up or all RTR lines…

IMG_0875.png

The Firma 150 needs some help.

Only one went bad but does not seem to be a favorite all the time. We know many fair well seems the 150A has the most complaints from what I have read.

Happy to see it in action and some reviews...

can't imagine the 1/8th needing more power! But there it is!!!
The 8s is only 160 amps and they blow the traxxas 8s away!
For real anything blows Traxxas esc away.😂😂😂🤣🤣

I always wondered just how many of the Firma 150's are out there, they were in practically every 6S RC. Personally I really like them and have had pretty solid luck with them too. I turn that timing down, keep them away from water, and keep them cool. (y)

Defects happen, and perhaps I have just been luckier than most.

I always wondered just how many of the Firma 150's are out there, they were in practically every 6S RC. Personally I really like them and have had pretty solid luck with them too. I turn that timing down, keep them away from water, and keep them cool. (y)

I have had one go up in flames but my other two have been fine turned the timing down on both and put high speed fans on them. can't remember if I turned timing down on the one that went up in flames lucky I managed to save the rest of the car it was my new talion exb

For real anything blows Traxxas esc away.😂😂😂🤣🤣

I’ve had zero issues out of my VXL-6s on my Erevo with Maxx 4s front/rear bumper leds and power amplifier plugged into the esc, or my VXL-4s in my Maxx 4s V2 with leds and power amplifier, or my VXL-3s in my Slash 4x4.

A few people have issues with their electronics and they jump on the band wagon that every single esc/motor/servo is absolutely garbage.

I’ve had way more issues out of my Arrma rtr electronics such as servos smoking up, escs locking up, and motor bearings failing after 3 extremely light runs around the neighborhood, exploring side streets and such.

But you don’t see me coming to every thread about escs or motors and throwing shade at the next competitor of rtr electronics.

Just saying that it’s gets old seeing people just being hateful to brands they just have to talk crap about. What’s the point? 🤷🏻‍♂️🙄

I’ve had zero issues out of my VXL-6s on my Erevo with Maxx 4s front/rear bumper leds and power amplifier plugged into the esc, or my VXL-4s in my Maxx 4s V2 with leds and power amplifier, or my VXL-3s in my Slash 4x4.

A few people have issues with their electronics and they jump on the band wagon that every single esc/motor/servo is absolutely garbage.

I’ve had way more issues out of my Arrma rtr electronics such as servos smoking up, escs locking up, and motor bearings failing after 3 extremely light runs around the neighborhood, exploring side streets and such.

But you don’t see me coming to every thread about escs or motors and throwing shade at the next competitor of rtr electronics.

Just saying that it’s gets old seeing people just being hateful to brands they just have to talk crap about. What’s the point? 🤷🏻‍♂️🙄
I was a bit worried after my esc went up in the talion exb is an expensive car. so when I got my other cars with the same esc I was a bit dubious running them but luckily they have been fine (y) had castle escs go up in flames and two blx 185 escs go up also. not had any hobbywing max 8s escs go up in flames they have just stopped with flashing lights over the years. the best escs I have are the hobbywing quicrun 150a put two of them through hell for years and there still going

I think it’s been pretty well established that Castle make the ESC’s for Traxxas. I’ve never had an issue with their ESC’s either, they’ve been fine. Their motors are another story. I’ve smoked three of their 3500’s on 3s with stock gearing, and the second two had seriously upgraded fans on them. And that was not me flogging the pee out of them either, I’m actually a pretty conservative basher relatively speaking.
As for haters and fan boys, yeah…welcome to any interweb discussion forum.

I was a bit worried after my esc went up in the talion exb is an expensive car. so when I got my other cars with the same esc I was a bit dubious running them but luckily they have been fine (y) had castle escs go up in flames and two blx 185 escs go up also. not had any hobbywing max 8s escs go up in flames they have just stopped with flashing lights over the years. the best escs I have are the hobbywing quicrun 150a put two of them through hell for years and there still going
The old quickruns were pretty much blx 185
I think it’s been pretty well established that Castle make the ESC’s for Traxxas. I’ve never had an issue with their ESC’s either, they’ve been fine. Their motors are another story. I’ve smoked three of their 3500’s on 3s with stock gearing, and the second two had seriously upgraded fans on them. And that was not me flogging the pee out of them either, I’m actually a pretty conservative basher relatively speaking.
True only for the x01 i believe its no longer the case

I’ve never had one go bad and some of them I’ve been pretty rough on. I like them.

Bearings failed after 3 runs? Yeah ok.

I never been a fanboy to any brand🤔. Maybe in the 90s when I was sold on HPI rs4 evo,Savage 25 was my go too. Never really cared for Traxxas but I like the T-Maxx tires. Never really had problems with none of my rtr out the box no esc flames no servos burning up maybe I’m one of the lucky ones. As for Traxxas now I own Xmaxx,Xrt,sledge,widemaxx the widemaxx is the best built 4s plastic chassis IMO it kills any arrma 3s 4s line just saying. My thing with there esc’s is it lacks tuning 3 settings like come on. Even tho I don’t change nothing in it but the bec of my servo can handle it. Everybody seems to max punch and run weak batteries and wonder why things flame up.

The old quickruns were pretty much blx 185

True only for the x01 i believe its no longer the case
I never been a fanboy to any brand🤔. Maybe in the 90s when I was sold on HPI rs4 evo,Savage 25 was my go too. Never really cared for Traxxas but I like the T-Maxx tires. Never really had problems with none of my rtr out the box no esc flames no servos burning up maybe I’m one of the lucky ones. As for Traxxas now I own Xmaxx,Xrt,sledge,widemaxx the widemaxx is the best built 4s plastic chassis IMO it kills any arrma 3s 4s line just saying. My thing with there esc’s is it lacks tuning 3 settings like come on. Even tho I don’t change nothing in it but the bec of my servo can handle it. Everybody seems to max punch and run weak batteries and wonder why things flame up.
I am a arrma fanboy love em ;)

I truly believe "most" esc issues are due to user error. They are Hobby Wing products tuned down a bit so they don't immediately destroy the drivetrain. No one will ever admit it, but they will call it "junk" after its been over geared/overloaded and making smoke.

Bearings failed after 3 runs? Yeah ok.

I've seent it. Hell I've seen people get Spektrum motors with bad bearings out of the box. The one from my Fireteam made a funny noise out of the box.

Castle only made the MXL6S esc and the XO1 has a modded version of the Mamba Monster 2 everything else is made in house by Traxxas.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back