Kraton What happened to the Arrma line up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
I honestly haven't been into the RC scene much because I was working too much. Then I was suddenly laid off and the company went bankrupt. So I wasn't up on what's new...
I just went on Arrma's website and what happened to Arrma's line up?!!!! It's been gutted!!!! I mean it's really sad now. What is going on? 😳

I honestly haven't been into the RC scene much because I was working too much. Then I was suddenly laid off and the company went bankrupt. So I wasn't up on what's new...
I just went on Arrma's website and what happened to Arrma's line up?!!!! It's been gutted!!!! I mean it's really sad now. What is going on? 😳

Hey buddy,
That's sucks!
Sorry to hear about your situation.
Things will improve.
Keep your chin up.

And, regarding the Arrma lineup..
They seem to be in a refresh cycle. They just launched their new 8S models.
I'm guessing new models are coming for their other lineups soon.. enough.

I don't think there is so much to complain about Arrma. If there was there would be more competition. They have set the standard pretty high. Just as Traxxas has in their own way. So good that there are plenty of aftermarket companies catering to them. Many of us are at the limit of what physics and material strength allow when bashing.

We all want better rigs. We want stronger drivetrains. But we don't want the weight. Yes there are a lot of links on their website that link to wrong sites. That could improve. Yes we want more rigs. Like a 1/5 Typhon, Mojave and perhaps more versatile street cars that can handle old parking lots etc. We have a goldmine of information in this forum about what vehicles to buy and what to avoid - all according to subjective preferences. If there are more questions - always possible to ask. One person's joy about a rig may be some other persons sorrow.

Please be specific when complaining. That would point to possible or conceivable improvements.

Last edited:
I don't think there is so much to complain about Arrma. If there was there would be more competition. They have set the standard pretty high. Just as Traxxas has in their own way. So good that there are plenty of aftermarket companies catering to them. Many of us are at the limit of what physics and material strength allow when bashing.

We all want better rigs. We want stronger drivetrains. But we don't want the weight. Yes there are a lot of links on their website that link to wrong sites. That could improve. Yes we want more rigs. Like a 1/5 Typhon, Mojave and perhaps more versatile street cars that can handle old parking lots etc. We have a goldmine of information in this forum about what vehicles to buy and what to avoid - all according to subjective preferences. If there are more questions - always possible to ask. One person's joy about a rig may be some other persons sorrow.

Please be specific when complaining. That would point to possible or conceivable improvements.
I am not new to this. I have a K6 EXB with about $3k into the build. I had a K8 & a Felony before... both modded. I was just sad to see no Fireteam, No more rollers, No Limmitless, No 6s EXB's and really nothing new except the V2 8s EXB's. Seems like they consolidated a lot.

I am not new to this. I have a K6 EXB with about $3k into the build. I had a K8 & a Felony before... both modded. I was just sad to see no Fireteam, No more rollers, No Limmitless, No 6s EXB's and really nothing new except the V2 8s EXB's. Seems like they consolidated a lot.
Thanks for clarifying. My bad.

Fireteam is gone too? Huh, didn't know that. We must've been too critical with all the gimp jokes? Oh well. I'm most disappointed by the rollers disappearing myself. The Talion EXB RTR being dropped is a real head scratcher for me..why did they drop that?🤷‍♂️
I find it funny that they brought out the v2 8s EXB RTR'S but no rollers, as if it costs more money to skip the electronics?! Yeah, okay🤔👌🤣🤣 more like less profit. Their decision to make I guess. BTW, I think the 8s v2 rtr look great, that's likely the esc/motor combo I would have choosen for a roller anyway.😁👍🍻

Glad to hear, I was just going by what was previously posted, that it was gone. I like it, too big n heavy for my use though.
Yeah, seeing that post is what made me double check. My mouth would've been on the ground if they really stopped selling the FT lol 😮

No Fireteam and no Limitless??????????
Is that Misinformation from BookFace?:unsure:
You need some coffee there.
These are still being sold at Arrma-RC.com.
Arrma is doing a refresh to "up their prices". To Squeeze out more bottom line. While purporting to offer something COMPLETLY new. Which really they are Not. Just changing the "box art" and creating hype, so we will want the latest and the greatest. Just Paying some more coin for the same recycled stuff, with a few more frills etc. maybe a few upgraded parts that mean nothing. Just New fluff. All just marketting, when sales and profit start to tank.
How they do this every so often since 2009. I bet some lines like the EXB's were not big sellers. Including the 8s line.
Not all of every brands models are big sellers. Some are just not. We could split hairs on why. Just is what it is. Nothing new.

Last edited:
I can see why Arrma might have dropped the EXB line: many folks buy aftermarket parts from sellers such as M2C, and they might not want to pay extra for the EXB parts if they are going to replace them. If the sales don't justify keeping a vehicle in their lineup, it's in their interest to drop them.

If the EXB parts were there originally as stock parts from the get go, better quality parts in general, then there would not be much of a need to Upgrade them immediately, if at all, for many of us.
Seems the EXB line and its Option parts was just a way to make more $$$. And potentially compete with the many upgrade brands... M2C and the rest. Appears to be a bust. Including those unpopular EXB LSD diffs.

I can see why Arrma might have dropped the EXB line: many folks buy aftermarket parts from sellers such as M2C, and they might not want to pay extra for the EXB parts if they are going to replace them. If the sales don't justify keeping a vehicle in their lineup, it's in their interest to drop them.
But they didn't. They just introduced the v2 exb 8s models. I understand what you're saying and agree, but that doesn't appear to be what they're doing. Rather, converting the exb rollers into exb rtr's. I just noticed the v1 outcast 8s rtr is no longer listed on Arrma's website.. not even listed. The v1 kraton 8s is and shows as a backorder..
Who knows what Armma's cooking? I don't think they do themselves either TBH. 😉😂

Pretty smart move I think, from a $$$ perspective.

Extreme RC guys get the roller EXBs and post videos showing how great they are.
Newer RC guys want to be like them but get intimidated with the idea of building out the RC themselves due to lack of knowledge and experience. They want an RTR so they go buy the new RTR EXB model.

Arrma makes $$$ with both types of customers and the first helps to sell the second.

It is typical of creative marketting to steer a customer what to buy and when.
Just not always in the best interest of the customer.
This hobby is a $luxury$.
Brands just want to fleece our wallet before the next brand does. It's about competition. Which is good up to a point. But unfortunately, some models end up being cost prohibitive or impractical for many at some point, hence slow sellers. The actual sales numbers are closely held data. I wish I knew more.

Last edited:
Pretty smart move I think, from a $$$ perspective.

Extreme RC guys get the roller EXBs and post videos showing how great they are.
Newer RC guys want to be like them but get intimidated with the idea of building out the RC themselves due to lack of knowledge and experience. They want an RTR so they go buy the new RTR EXB model.

Arrma makes $$$ with both types of customers and the first helps to sell the second.
True. If the v2 8s EXB are an indication of where Arrma is headed, I'm all in.👍
To add..what I mean is, they had the rtr 8s, with plastic bracing, small motor(4985). Then reintroduced the exb rtr with a bigger motor (5687), better esc(?) and servo..further setting the exb apart from the standard rtr. That's the only way I personally find an rtr exb attractive.. not the Talion exb BS with standard ho-hum electronics.. maybe they do know what they're doing? Possibly why the Tali exb disappeared as well? 🤔😮😁

Last edited:
Do you really think the V2 8s EXB to be anything greater than the the V1???
Looks like it was just a recycle/ refresh for a money grab and the V2's fresh Hype that comes with that. To boost a slow seller.
If V1 was anything great, why bother.
If it aint broke why fix it?
Reason: It was broke.:rolleyes:

Do you really think the V2 8s EXB to be anything greater than the the V1???
Looks like it was just a recycle/ refresh for a money grab and the V2's fresh Hype that comes with that. To boost a slow seller.
Reason: It was broke.:rolleyes:
Perhaps not better than the roller, but with a much healthier set of electronics at basically the same price as the v1 rtr's, yes. It's a victory IMO even if it seems small. TBH, I don't see why so many hate on the 8s line. Sure they break on big jumps, one can't defy gravity/physics in such a large scale for any less money.. TRX did a fine job with their 8s line, but there are sacrifices made with such a flexible lightweight design..handling being the most notable. Not to say TRX 8s handles badly, but I imagine the Arrma 8s has a much more solid feel to them. IDK, but yeah, I like them both. Different animals for sure though.
Reason: It was broke
Competition.. as you already stated in a previous post. They have to keep up, or at least try, otherwise step aside.. is the v2 enough? IDK, time will tell I spose..🤷‍♂️

Back