Kraton What happened to the Arrma line up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the M2C braces compatible with stock Tekno chassis? That would be my choice..may not be enough for your needs tho? The wide chassis sure would be nice though, stock Tekno is super tight layout.

I already have all of the M2C braces.

1692234557683.jpeg

Idk I managed to bend the chassis on my Outcast in the first 5 minutes of running it 😕 power nose dove into the berm of the adjacent jump.
Not really designed to land like that....

I already have all of the M2C braces.

View attachment 317547
In that case, a new Tekno chssis on stanby, swap when necessary? $102 on Amain.. probably get it cheaper from FierceRC with coupon.. I like Amain, but rather support the little guys (and save). Don't quote me about Fierce being cheaper, I didn't go looking that far.✌

Man I just don't know how guys bend chassis so easily lol. IT's like you're raming the rigs into trees at full speed or something. Even my fireteam is still on stock chassis straight as an arrow. Talion exb chassis is straight as well. I'm starting to think I'm not as rough on my rigs as I thought I was :eek: :ROFLMAO:
I have to agree about the XLWB Fireteam (Mojave same chassis). Not even the slightest tweak to my FT Stocker chassis. Blasted it hard numerous times. Running 6s packs.
I just recently added a Second OE T2T brace to my FT. . Both are even CF sleeved for some moral support, just in case....I have been way more confident in sending my FT than most of my other Arrmas. Including my K6s and Noto.( w/stock chassis')
The "Keyed in Place FT body/cage to the shock Towers" does make the Chassis more rigid no doubt.

In that case, a new Tekno chssis on stanby, swap when necessary? $102 on Amain.. probably get it cheaper from FierceRC with coupon.. I like Amain, but rather support the little guys (and save). Don't quote me about Fierce being cheaper, I didn't go looking that far.✌
That is the lightweight Racing chassis, M2C says not to use it for bashing.

I'm not a fan of the Spektrum stuff either. The specs are available on the new electronics actually. Tower has them listed, esc, motor and servo.. I thought the new 8s esc had 7.4v BEC, yet Tower has it listed as 6.0v..boo!
The motor is in fact bigger than v1 rtr..so, that will almost certainly provide more power. Servo too. I was hoping the "new" esc was a G2 Max6. Maybe it is, IDK.
Anyway, here's a link to the new esc, if you poke around, you can find the new motor and servo on their site as well.
On a side note, it's quite obvious that Tower is owned by HH now.. their website sucks balls, just like HH's site does!!🤣🤣
https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/firma-160-amp-brushless-smart-esc-v2-3s---8s/SPMXSE2160.html
The only main important difference I see is the 8 amp BEC vs the 5 amp with the V1 Firma 160.
The ESC Parameters were changed. 2 line items added to the V2. With a wider range of values for Timing, Punch level and LVC settings.(y)
Amp Burst and Sustained remains the same. 1050/160 amps respectively. I do see an improvement over the V1. I will concede.
All are just Spektrum F/W PID tweaks IMHO. And a change in its packaging color. Weight and dimensions are identical for V1 and V2's
Price also remained the same.

Attachments

• Firma 160 V1.pdf
    661.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Firma 160 V2.pdf
    744.5 KB · Views: 49
I have to agree about the XLWB Fireteam (Mojave same chassis). Not even the slightest tweak to my FT Stocker chassis. Blasted it hard numerous times. Running 6s packs.
I just recently added a Second OE T2T brace to my FT. . Both are even CF sleeved for some moral support, just in case....I have been way more confident in sending my FT than most of my other Arrmas. Including my K6s and Noto.( w/stock chassis')
The "Keyed in Place FT body/cage to the shock Towers" does make the Chassis more rigid no doubt.
Man you can't mention 2 t2t braces and not post a pic!!! :ROFLMAO:

That is the lightweight Racing chassis, M2C says not to use it for bashing.
I was referring to stock Tekno ET48 @$102 from Amain. I speculate the M2C racing chassis should be about equivalent to stock Tekno? I think M2C is just covering their arse by saying not to bash. Bashing rc's comes in many forms.."light" bashing would likely be fine, Stock Tekno has done me well.

Man you can't mention 2 t2t braces and not post a pic!!! :ROFLMAO:
I did see @SrC Twin brace setup in another thread, looks legit.👍💪
I left the t2t on my xlwb but removed it from my lwb. Not needed for me. I'm more concerned with handling on my track. The xlwb isn't much for track duties, more for open spaces IMO.

Yeah it's basically impossible to run the 1/7 XLWB platforms on most any technical confined 1/8 scale track.:giggle:
Especially running 6s packs. I have seen guys play/race around with their narrower Mojave's however. Even then, I don't know how or why they bother. They seem to struggle trying. Running 4s packs maybe?
These are for open wide field Bashing.:cool:

I think the only 2 rcs I have that I can do that are my SCX24 and my SCX10 II :ROFLMAO:
You simply need to "Power steer" these bashers at speed. Is what it is. It's all in the Throttling for the most part....
Also the Tap Brake, then Steer technique works when confined turning. This can also offset some traction rolling. IMO.

Last edited:
(2) OE T2T's not commonly done. Just Need to Trim the rear "ball End" to clear the RH Tower support below it. Otherwise Fits perfect F-R along side the other one.
I have seen this done before. So I cant take credit for this idea. But makes sense on a XLWB chassis. I feel I get less OE chassis "twist" this way.
But it does work out to be simple enough. The complete T2T can be had for only $3-$4 from JennysRC. CF tubing can be had for cheap also. (AMZ).

Every one of my (9) 6s Arrmas are CF sleeved. Except my Typhon TLRT. None used or needed being a SWB chassis. My LWB K6s was bending/bowing the bare stocker T2T. But not with a 10mm I.D. CF sleeve now.

Last edited:
(2) OE T2T's not commonly done. Just Need to Trim the rear "ball End" to clear the RH Tower support below it. Otherwise Fits perfect F-R along side the other one.
I have seen this done before. So I cant take credit for this idea. But makes sense on a XLWB chassis. I feel I get less OE chassis "twist" this way.
But it does work out to be simple enough. The complete T2T can be had for only $3-$4 from JennysRC. CF tubing can be had for cheap also. (AMZ).

Every one of my (9) 6s Arrmas are CF sleeved. Except my Typhon TLRT. None used or needed being a SWB chassis. My K6s was bending/bowing the bare stocker T2T. But not with a 10mm I.D. CF sleeve now.
I actually have never bent a t2t brace on an arrma 6s rig before. Except when I crashed my limitless of course I've busted numerous 8s braces though! :ROFLMAO:

I recently implemented this idea on my mcd rr5. I was bending the center stiffener brace and thought maybe doubling up would stop it from bending so easily. Almost seem like a sacrificial part though as it was the only thing that bent and it's a 27$ part which might sound like a lot but for an MCD that's one of the cheapest metal parts on the rig :eek:

1692895173285.png

Haven't tested it yet but hopefully it goes well.

Back