Kraton What happened to the Arrma line up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trust me 59kg ISN'T enough in the 8s rigs, I have a 70kg servo in my O8s and the steering is still crap.. 🤪 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

To me, the most puzzling move by Arrma recently was removing the original Talion completely, then after a while bringing it back as an EXB to then go and discontinue it totally..!! (maybe the V6's are coming soon with a re-vamped range ??)

If you own a Talion you know IT IS the best Arrma in the range, but I believe Arrma are their own worst enemy by forcing the Kraton down everybody's throat..!! The Kraton is their biggest seller by a long margin, but in my opinion it isn't their best vehicle..
doesn't make sense at all with the talion's. but I think the EXB was well over priced considering all the aluminium was listed as 7075 when it clearly wasn't I bent the chassis straight away then the ackerman bar and then the front shock tower

The "bean counters" always have the final say. Any brand. Despite the design team doing the right thing.
And unfortunately not always for the benefit of the buyer.
Obviously, the bottom line is what keeps a brand in business. Some more than others.
Fortunately for Horizon, they have plenty of people helping guide the ship that are deeply involved with the hobby. Their upper management isn't just suits, the hobby guys have a lot of say in what happens.

doesn't make sense at all with the talion's. but I think the EXB was well over priced considering all the aluminium was listed as 7075 when it clearly wasn't I bent the chassis straight away then the ackerman bar and then the front shock tower
My EXB was chassis, Ackerman then rear shock tower.

Trust me 59kg ISN'T enough in the 8s rigs, I have a 70kg servo in my O8s and the steering is still crap.. 🤪 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
The question is, is your 70kg rated servo truly 70kg? Or does it fall under the typical marketing hype that is applied to Chinese servos where their specifications can be overstated by as much as 50%? 70kg is pushing close to 1000oz/in which is a LOT of torque. Other factors include, where was that measurement taken from? Or is it an estimation based on calculated gear ratios and rated motor output? If they based that off of a 24mm arm then that's close to 60lb of force that arm can push at 24mm. If that number is based at the center of the servo then you can expect a 50% reduction in torque for every specified increment out from the center (usually every 24mm, but not always).

When I worked for a name brand manufacturer, we tested other brands of servos on the same expensive IBM built machine that we rated our servo models on. The results were pretty astonishing in how our servos compared to other brands; even though other brands laid claims to higher torque and speed ratings, on the same machine they all tested very similarly (i.e. a 486oz/in servo we manufactured had higher ratings than another vendors "600oz/in" servo). Specs have to be considered carefully as they are, quite literally, HUGE marketing hype that gets unsuspecting buyers to purchase into their products because their specs 'on paper' show their unit to be of superior strength when nothing could be further from the truth. I always recommend ensuring those ratings are measured at 24mm out from center (close to 1"), then for inexpensive budget brands you can easily remove 25-50% of the torque value. This is the main reason why I don't like the budget brand servos, overstated specs compared to reputable brands. Other factors include lower resolution, 0 customer support if/when an issue arises, etc.

Circling back to the original statement, if the servo is rated at 59kg-cm/ 820oz-in at 24mm out from center, and that servo provides close to that torque, then that IS plenty of torque for even a 35lb beast.

The question is, is your 70kg rated servo truly 70kg? Or does it fall under the typical marketing hype that is applied to Chinese servos where their specifications can be overstated by as much as 50%? 70kg is pushing close to 1000oz/in which is a LOT of torque. Other factors include, where was that measurement taken from? Or is it an estimation based on calculated gear ratios and rated motor output? If they based that off of a 24mm arm then that's close to 60lb of force that arm can push at 24mm. If that number is based at the center of the servo then you can expect a 50% reduction in torque for every specified increment out from the center (usually every 24mm, but not always).

When I worked for a name brand manufacturer, we tested other brands of servos on the same expensive IBM built machine that we rated our servo models on. The results were pretty astonishing in how our servos compared to other brands; even though other brands laid claims to higher torque and speed ratings, on the same machine they all tested very similarly (i.e. a 486oz/in servo we manufactured had higher ratings than another vendors "600oz/in" servo). Specs have to be considered carefully as they are, quite literally, HUGE marketing hype that gets unsuspecting buyers to purchase into their products because their specs 'on paper' show their unit to be of superior strength when nothing could be further from the truth. I always recommend ensuring those ratings are measured at 24mm out from center (close to 1"), then for inexpensive budget brands you can easily remove 25-50% of the torque value. This is the main reason why I don't like the budget brand servos, overstated specs compared to reputable brands. Other factors include lower resolution, 0 customer support if/when an issue arises, etc.

Circling back to the original statement, if the servo is rated at 59kg-cm/ 820oz-in at 24mm out from center, and that servo provides close to that torque, then that IS plenty of torque for even a 35lb beast.
Everyone who owns the 8s lineup knows that the overall steering design is rubbish in these rigs, that's more likely the cause of the bad steering rather than a bad servo, I know the servo I have is pretty strong, no idea of real numbers though ( I do know it's way stronger than the stock piece of junk they fitted from the factory :ROFLMAO: )

Man I just don't know how guys bend chassis so easily lol. IT's like you're raming the rigs into trees at full speed or something. Even my fireteam is still on stock chassis straight as an arrow. Talion exb chassis is straight as well. I'm starting to think I'm not as rough on my rigs as I thought I was :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Man I just don't know how guys bend chassis so easily lol. IT's like you're raming the rigs into trees at full speed or something. Even my fireteam is still on stock chassis straight as an arrow. Talion exb chassis is straight as well. I'm starting to think I'm not as rough on my rigs as I thought I was :eek: :ROFLMAO:
I've seen your vids and can't figure out how you haven't bent EVERY chassis within your first few bashes! :ROFLMAO:🤣🤣

I've had two 6s rtr rigs and both chassis bent so easy I kept looking for other problems because I thought no way that was enough to bend it. My Fireteam chassis had m2c braces and the keyed body and the first time I did an end over end flip it bent. I was in grass that was thick enough to feel a little cushioned, had already let off throttle and hit bump a that sent it front flipping about 4 or 5 times, very unspectacular crash and the chassis was toast. Typhon chassis bent on a nose landing jumping about 6-7 feet. 🤷‍♂️ I got no trust for the stock chassis at all based on my experience, lol.

I'm convinced the youtube videos I watch where they take abuse getting big air are simply AI generated so suckers like me will try it and break things and buy parts! j/k, lol

I think Arrma has a fairly complete lineup overall though, just no idea why the Talion was discontinued unless and new version is coming. 😎

You is soft!

I'm still convinced my Fireteam chassis was bent from the Factory, I mean the damn front drive shaft was already bent before I even ran it.

bent my talion EXB chassis really easy at the back sum say its to do with the tower to tower brace all I no is I was well pissed 700 pounds in the uk for that car

Only chassis I've tweaked so far is my kronos xtr. Upside down tree hit. Can't see the bend, but steering plate and front brace have to be forced into place when assembling. I only jump during the winter really, summer is track season for me. Unofficial hellbilly racing of course,LOL. 🍻

I'm still convinced my Fireteam chassis was bent from the Factory, I mean the damn front drive shaft was already bent before I even ran it.
I've wondered the same on my Fireteam. Front center driveshaft had a slight wobble the first time I put power to it and it was on my work table before I bashed the first time. I suspect its possible for a chassis to be slighltly off from the factory, would explain my FT chassis bending so easy.

In all fairness my Typhon chassis survived some impressive 40mph cartwheels and a collision with a basketball sized rock at about 30mph. Maybe it was slightly bent from that before the nose landing that ruined it.🤣

I think many of the YT videos out there where people bend the chassis aren't painting the whole picture for us. How many times have we seen Kevin Talbot bend an Arrma chassis after launching it off their local 1/4 pipe, but also how many times did they do that before it bent? I recall one video where he mentioned they were launching a car off it all day before it broke, makes you go hmmm...

I think many of the YT videos out there where people bend the chassis aren't painting the whole picture for us. How many times have we seen Kevin Talbot bend an Arrma chassis after launching it off their local 1/4 pipe, but also how many times did they do that before it bent? I recall one video where he mentioned they were launching a car off it all day before it broke, makes you go hmmm...

Idk I managed to bend the chassis on my Outcast in the first 5 minutes of running it 😕 power nose dove into the berm of the adjacent jump.

Idk I managed to bend the chassis on my Outcast in the first 5 minutes of running it 😕 power nose dove into the berm of the adjacent jump.
Seems they're more sensitive to certain types of impacts or forces.. landing wrong from even seemingly harmless jumps can be catastrophic. I've witnessed my brother make some scary impacts with the trees around my track. The Sludge and Typhon 6s have amazed me with some serious impacts numerous times. I thought for sure they were done for.. nope. His Typhon chassis is tweaked a bit at the front but, keeps on going.

think my kraton 6s v5 stock chassis is slightly bent after a noser into the ground from a 15 ft ish jump :rolleyes:

Seems they're more sensitive to certain types of impacts or forces.. landing wrong from even seemingly harmless jumps can be catastrophic. I've witnessed my brother make some scary impacts with the trees around my track. The Sludge and Typhon 6s have amazed me with some serious impacts numerous times. I thought for sure they were done for.. nope. His Typhon chassis is tweaked a bit at the front but, keeps on going.

Yeah a nose dive or landing on something will do the chassis in real quick. My ET48.3 chassis has a huge dent in it and a slight bend inwards from landing on a rock that was sticking up out of the dirt.

Back