Limitless World record speed build, round 2.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the only way I think I can mount this pinion 🤷🏻‍♂️ Only a couple mm from the mount.

3EAF8ACD-DCE7-4E35-9F0A-F819603F1EFF.jpeg

6693D58F-9776-4054-8914-B6E617C0F3C9.jpeg

That’s the old style mount. Can’t do that with the new. 🤬

Dang I didn't know about a "new" style.
Bummer!
This is the only way I think I can mount this pinion 🤷🏻‍♂️ Only a couple mm from the mount.
That looks acceptable to me. You might be able to snug that pinion back another 1mm.

View attachment 195763

View attachment 195764
I see your issue, this setup isn’t ideal but I agree it looks ok.. as long as you use a bit of loctite on the pinion grub screw and check it after each run to be safe..
this discussion reminds me how it’s annoying when you get quality components that for whatever reason don’t work together the way you need them to, but when you finally do get them to work it’s so satisfying.. I have spent hours adjusting spools and spur gears with spacers and such to meet up with pinions in a way that I liked lol it’s tough sometimes

Last edited:
AND…. We’re here again, its been a while with all of the new thing happening, but nonetheless were here.
here’s your 230mph update. First, bye bye toyota shell. I screwed it up big time, since there was a billion holes in the boys, i cut some stupid airslits for the stock shell, which aren’t needed for the raz wing.
second, bye bye hoons, hello 200+mph rated BSR purple foams. It was a little hard to see the hoons go, seeing as i really like the grip at low speeds, just for the fun of driving at 15mph with freinds. But hey, if we want to add 220 on to that number, turning will have to be enjoyed with another car lol. (Yes, for all the basher s out there, they went out in a cloud of smoke.)
third, transmitter is going too, on a dx5c which i have blinded with a million other cars right now, and i think I’m getting the radiolink system to start, and after that a futaba T10PX with a range booster, that 70 dollar remote gives me ZERO confidence, just me.
AANNDD.. before this starts sounding like a mix between that one dub lipa song and my weekly shopping list, here how it has been driving. first we got up to…8!!
inches of snow….
which means no driving until colorado defrosted, 3 days ago, and I found myself with about 300 feet of usable room to see how it would preform. The end result was 66mph, in that it’ll area, I’m happy with what i did. I’m going to keep you guys posted soon with pics, but for now, here’s my update.

Nice update, sounds like the car is going in the right direction. I agree about the Hoons, for low speed bashing around they are the best tire for the Limitless. If they could just be trusted past 120mph or so I wouldn’t bother running any other tire. I’m curious, when all is said and done how close do you think you’ll get to your goal of 230mph, keeping in mind no one has gone over 196mph in a Limitless, yet.. I think James McCoy has the record, pretty sure he’ll be the first to hit 200 with it

I’m not truly sure yet to be honest, but i know the 3 things i most likely have to overcome to hit that speed, and here is how i think I’m going to beat them. First, power. Rpm isnt everything, i can drop a 100K rpm castle 1406 4600kv, and it might crack 50mph, or i can drop a 56,000 rpm castle 1717 in, and have a chance at 150. (Although that might be a bit of a stretch. But if i wanted to only do 150, i would just get that setup. In fact, thats what i did in my full carbon typhon, and.. bingo bango.. 153mph in the bag.
BUT this isnt the 150mph build, this is the 230mph world record build.
speaking of power, here’s the plan, why buy one motor when you can buy a bunch of motors and try them all out, so here’s the list of motors that are going to get ran.
castle 2028 1100kv (in car right now)
tp 5870 1100kv (might be wrong on the if but i think I’m right)
Hobby wing 56117 1100kv (thats for the laughs)
Cordova 2245 750kv (heard they were good)
MGM LMT30100 (the big boi)
and hopefully one of those will have the power output, i mean there isnt a whole lot of things that 53hp doesn’t fix.
if that doesn’t do it, I’m running 2.
106 horsepower is fun and all (not even sure thats going to be the plan)
but there is another cool thing called aerodynamics, which also is quadratic, which we all knpow means if you want to go twice as fast, you need 4 times the power. Fun, right?
well nobody has ever gone 230 yet, so what’s half of that?
115, and thats still pretty quick, so we will go with half of that, which is 57.5mph, manageable.
with the ford fc100 shell mounted, i ran my castle 2028 up to EXACTLY 57.5mph, nd saw what amperage it pulled on the data log. It pulled about the same power as a 4s system, or the 3s system in my vendetta.
also happens to be about 1hp, which means… 16hp for the goal?? I knew that was wrong, so i just looked at what everyone else did at 190, and.. about 17k watts at 65k rpm is what raz used at 192.
580a for the esc, so we are going to need a bigger one of those (MGM)
So 17k watts is about 22hp, the mgm one should deliver that with ease, or so we hope.
and at this point i have figured out i am still rambling about power, so lets actually talk about aero, first is weight balance, and those can be changed with the shocks, although with 2 motors, as long as you puh the things in the exact same place.
shells are an issue too, 196 has been ran with the 2mm delta shells, so i think 200 might be possible, know some folks who used to work in 250mph wind tunnels, so maybe they could snag 5 minutes with it for a shell.
if they withstand 250, great, I’m glad. But i think @LibertyMKiii carbon shells will still be the best bet, for the time being. if you want a bomb paint job, hit @Ajag up, he’s the best in the world, no questions asked, and i canot wait to get my ford shell. Alright, so after power comes aero, and after that comes the third topic, which happens to be the actual car. I have over 2 miles of road to run it, but things like the tires, wing, screw placement and a bunch of other stuff i cant think of right now, but those don't happen until you are going over 180, so thats a bridge to cross when the time comes, thats it for this report, i keep you guys posted.

2-13-2022
Hmmm. Look at the time… its update o’clock.
this ones quick, so lets get into it. We got some BSR purple foams, for 170+ runs, but I’m not even close, so I’m staying on the hoons for now, and we are getting snow Wednesday and Thursday here in colorado, giving me 2 days to drive.
think I’m going on tuesday, which is a little warmer, 55 degree high, but this isnt the weather report, the local high school has a really nice paved running track, with risers, and I’ve been using it after its clear. I was constantly pushing the case with the setup, from 111kmh, to 114kmh, and finally 117kmh on nearly dead lipos, giving the car no time to breathe between runs. so I’m taking a 6s lipo for warmup passes, and were going to give at least 120kmh a shot, i was light on the throttle, so if i get on it faster, i think 120kmh, 122kmh, 125kmh might be possible on this track, waiting for about 70 degree, and well get it on the longest road i know thats good for speedrunnin, but thats down the road.
Ford fc100 shell coming back soon. I hope this all goes good in the next few days.

I'm curious why someone in Colorado is measuring speed in Km/h.

Just for fun I am taking a wild guess that mr @limitless202+ was originally from this part of the world.
Just going off a few context clues like the kph speed numbers and the way he wites/speaks.

1644850527859.png

Lol liberty is right, just a little more north!
I have always lived in colorado, just my family was from France, so i learned the whole Kmh thing from a a young age, and cant shake it.

Ok so i might need some help.
need to fit some bigger lipos for over 130 (mph, thought i would clarify lol), since ran i am running some cheap crappy 4s packs i happened to have 2 of, but i got some SMC SRD 150C lipos, and some CNHL 9500mah, and i need to know how to fit them, i think I’m going to have to move the XLX2, but i don't know where to.
Seen some larger battery trays, but i don't know have to fit them, and they don't look that high quality trays.

Hmmm, do you drill slits in the shassis, or is there some detention i can add on, ie, small carbon plate.
Wow there was more typing errors in that sentence then dollars I’ve spent on the car so far lol
letes try again

do you drill small slits in the chassis for the Velcro, or is there a small carbon (i would prefer) plate i can just screw in to drill into?

Last edited:
Hmmm, do you drill slits in the shassis, or is there some detention i can add on, ie, small carbon plate.
Wow there was more typing errors in that sentence then dollars I’ve spent on the car so far lol
letes try again

do you drill small slits in the chassis for the Velcro, or is there a small carbon (i would prefer) plate i can just screw in to drill into?
The Hobao Chassis comes with slits in the chassis that are for the velcro straps.

You may want to look at these as options:
EMP https://emperformanceproducts.com/p...elony-battery-tray-and-two-chassis-extenders/
Scortched https://scorchedparts.co.uk/products/carbon-fibre-chassis-limitless-infraction-and-felony

Alright, that might be good.

1-15-2022
heres a little update.
as anyone who has gotten into the hobby, and everyone on the forum know, the limitless has 2 diffs, and a center spool.
the gearing on the center spool is nuts. 39:34, while the diffs are 13: 43, so i bought the gp5 diffs yesterday from jennysRC, with 10k wt fluid. after the 5 inches of snows all melts i am hoping to run them in about a week or 2. Perfect pass carbon driveshafts I’m ordering tonight, hope to see them in about a week, and I’m getting some carbon sheet to ru n bigger lipos. Today I’m heading out with the limitless to try for over 72mph, i know it’ll do more, as I’ve ran it in just 90m on 6s to 72 as well, so i think the plan for tonight is to do the warmup passes on 6s, then check the speed, let it cool for a couple minutes, make sure everything is sound in place, and try on full up 8s lipo, hopefully that will give the the boost past 120kmh. Again, sorry for thinking metrically. I’m getting better though.

Alright, the weather is getting warmer, and colorado is defrosting.
time to start pumping this car up.
alright, so i could go on for 10 pages about all the new stuff, but I’m not, since you all know the upgrades and what they do for the car, so heres basically a list
carbon fiber front wheel air dams from eBay, they are to thick, so I’m going to go with ones from someone like scorched.
ford FC100 shell, I’m getting one painted my @Ajag, but this is a beta testing one. No more stupid airgaps like a i had with the toyota shell, you can admit it, everyone who saw that pic had a heart attack. I also left the back wheels covered, so that should help.
GP5 diffs are here, but I’m holding off for now.
SMC racing lipos are on the way, and i also have some qs8 plugs to solder to the esc.
BSR purples are on the way, Anyone have a link for a tyre lathe?
SAGA pinion gear, getting a spool soon, thinking ill run 48;27 gearing, but now I’m on 45;34
@codenut33 its possible with your 34t spool! Woohoo!
perfect pass carbon driveshafts, perfect pass, and ripple killer cap packs are coming.
i have the 1721, but I’m holding off until like 130mph.
and i think thats it…
QUESTION: what is the best splitter to use with the ford FC100 shell?
and is a full CF chassis worth it right now, or is that a down the road upgrade?
Here’s some pics for y’all
also radiolink rc6gs v2 coming soon
And more pics
Ill get more later for you guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 56
Hey i never talked about how it drove, heres your update.
ok so my favorite road was still blocked by snow, so i used the 700 foot road right outside of my house, i only ran 4s to start, on 75 percent throttle, and it was good, i went to a 6s lipo on 50 percent throttle, and 60mph was the top speed of the day, i was being gentile, so i can start pumping the speed up soon.

Alrighty then, today is the day, starting at 6am tomorrow colorado is going too get another dumping of snow, and I’ve decided it isnt going to stop me this time. I’m going to go to my favorite road (if its clear) and see what the limitless has in it. not going to open it up all the way, just enough to get to 100mph.
I also want to say, thank you all. It would be an understatement to say i could have never dreamed of doing this project if it wasnt for this forum. I don't know what else to say, this isnt the grammy’s, but i know this project has taken a while, and i also know some of you might have given up hope, and this project has been in the works for a while, and isnt close to being done, but this is the moment, no turning back now.
Wish me luck.

image.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back