X maxx killer on way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As manufacturers they have to be responsible to some extent. doesn't that make sense to you??? Makes sense to me! That's why there are some written disclaimers with all RC equipment
Pinion and sway bars are penny items. :LOL:
So why do they sell guns and sports cars and booze etc? So if they make it too fast out of the box, they are liable?I f there's a defect that causes injury, then that's a different matter. Anyways, the 8s Kraton looks very nice. I'll wait for the 8s Outcast 1/5. I'm more of a MT truck guy ?

How can they be liable if they are not driving it? They didn't force you to buy it. I don't buy that right there. So you are OK with them charging you extra for the pinion and sway bars? It adds up quickly. Just saying. I'm not cheap, but why not just include the thing in the box? Is that too much to ask for? My bad.
If you're complaining about a $13 pinion then you are cheap. And my guess is the sway bars are purely optional. I know people remove them from the 6s trucks.
I’m guilty as well. At least it’s not hard to convince myself not to buy this one.
Oh I definitely had you pegged for it being out of your price range. No surprise there.

Excuse the mess I was cleaning up my junk/ toy room, but the big boys are waiting for their new big bro :). My bajas and 5ive B are at my other home, but much excite for today’s reveal even though I already know lol.
You need some bike hooks to hook your RC's to the wall.
So it's just a bigger Kraton with 8s power? Man they should have done a giant Granite 8s. Well I think that I don't regret my last purchase now. I'm fine with my Kraton 6s.
To me, its a 1/5th with 4s power if you know what i mean.

Last edited:
Switching radios all the time is like playing baseball with a new glove every new game you play. Why switch radios when you have developed the skill with one good radio. Makes perfect sense. And, even two identical radios can feel different. IMO

Some of us don't have a choice about switching radio's. I have 3 people (sometimes 7 or more if my boys friends are around) who drive my rc's and I sure am not going to buy 15+ new radios to standardize them.

I wish the radio tech would deliver the ability to have receivers store multiple radios but only be bound to one at a time. That would be something I would like.

Then I could have say 3 DX5C and each of us could drive any rig. Now I have piles of controllers I have to take with us as well.
From what I know, if you want to use the stx2 you have to buy extra parts for it to tell you telemetry etc..!!
I believe it is a bolt on Bluetooth module..
More cost...???
It comes with a new D2XE not the crap STX2 and as of yesterday they are including the bluetooth module now for free. At least from Tower and Harizon sites, not sure about the LHS sales.

Is it me or does the 8s seem a bit sluggish with the stock gearing? I sure hope it doesn't overheat with the optional speed pinion (while bashing) that now you have to buy. That would be a bummer. But it's too early to tell.
Yeah it looks slow and has no bite...
8532328.jpg

Let me tell you some personal experience with the DX2E.
The thing is awesome. Fitted perfect in my hand. No delay whatsoever. I've run it in a gas powered Losi DBXL. The thing with it is, you absolutely have to have the receiver antenna extended all the way. Short antenna tubes just don't cut it. The range is terrible but once you put it in a long tube it's a great radio. I'm writing this up so people don't start complaining about the short range in the near future.

The Dx2E has range issues for some even when the reciever is "properly" installed and there is an advertised range limit with radios in general. Mostly guys doing long range speed runs are running into issues. But there are differing range limits with a lot of different radios. Environmental noise/interference can degrade signals more so on cheaper radio sets. Some hardcore guys are using home made range extenders at the Radio. Im sure the average RC'er just needs a 200 ft. radius of range give or take. I think radio manufacterers try for 1/4 mile range in a lab setting. 2.4 ghz is strong in general and good range is attainable if designed properly. Price dictates.
Always make sure your Failsafe is "set" properly out of Box. I cant over emphasize that to newbs.:) Especially with a 24+ pound rig. Now that is a real liability.

Last edited:
If you're complaining about a $13 pinion then you are cheap. And my guess is the sway bars are purely optional. I know people remove them from the 6s trucks.
I'm cheap, that's why I have an Xmaxx 8s on order. I also have an Outcast 6s, a Typhon 6s and a Kraton 6s. Not bad for a cheap dude. ?

Speaking strictly of range. Believe it or not the furthest I've been able to go was a while back with a FlySky GT2 by a LARGE margin. It sells for like $15 now and it's probably made out of recycled plastic bags...

This new 8s Arrma Kraton is huge Monster.
i like the chassie. Alu
X-MAXX is plastic toy looking Car. V1 x-maxx is not perfect either.
Today they are like V3
This 8s Kraton is alot more Serious only by pictures already.

This is V1 8s Kraton
the X-MAXX V1 did 44mph?

Kratons 8s ,
do some Fine tuning with Digital Progambox Firma and higher gearing
will make this car run faster.

25lbs
this car handle very well
Jumps pretty nice also.

It seems also be decent durable.

There is always RTR problems, and version 1 problems.
No matter what brand you buy today.

Check everything is always good way to go with RTR cars.
Drive it couple times at 75% max speed, listen and tighten things, check all oil levels before you go 100%
You will always find couple loose screws. Or one diff with too little oil in or so.

The RTR assembling Factory work is not easy.
Only humans.

25lbs car that does 55mph is crazy
Im looking at 46-49mph . MAX 50mph

I like the weight because i drive in snow also.
Got couple Gasoline cars before 1:5 size,
very fun in snow.

If you like racing go 4-6s cars like 1:10 - 1/8

Only RC Kings drive and handles 1/5
Not for the speed. Only because the big, huge, and for fun also.
All of them got fast 1/8 cars already :)

Now i am busy with my 1/8 talion, and i also will buy the coming 8s infraction that is comping to spring.
Next autumn i will buy this Huge brutal 1/5 Kraton. And be King at the snow next winter, when everyone else is stuck with their light-weight cars.

I wish i can see this brutal 1/5 Kraton anyway in real soon,. This is Huge.

Arrma did it again.
Another cool RC CAR
First the Infraction 1/7 and Limitless
Then Mojave 1/7
And now this 1/5

This is Amazing
Arrma work alot making new cars,
I love this.

I will buy alot more new and coming cars from Arrma for shure.

Now i need watch all videos, only seen 5
Aussie made a great video also, nice handling, great jumps.
Kevin Talbot is great too, in cold weather go to Skate Park , this is crazy,. And Kevin T is crazy.
don't hate
LOVE
RC is about fun and loving. Not hating

PEACE TO ALL OF YOU
now i need watch more videos.
Bicket will run this car with larger pinion soon ? Tell about the temps also in esc and motor
45-48 MPH ? then i will jump for joy.
You don't want any faster than 50mph when driving 25lb car, no matter skills :)

I LOVE 1/5 KRATON
HUUGE monster . WOW

I'm going to use my DX5 Rugged. I don't like switching radios
Can you use the new apps and telementary what ever with the dx5? Does the blue tooth module, radio and esc all link up some how? The speedo app with the phone holder is pretty cool.
Yeah it looks slow and has no bite...
This truck will get dialed in. The best running video (imo) is @RC DUDE81 (probably, because of his skills)but it’s not very long. Hopefully with more big electrics being made there will be more esc/motor options for everyone. I think this thing will be a beast.
RC is about fun and loving. Not hating
Quote of the day, thank you

Everyone is saying how slow it is. I've watched the "1st ride" reviews and only in 1 did someone change the punch or timing. I watched the Arrma tech videos. They have the punch set in the middle and the timing all the way down. Seems there is hidden power and speed stock just by changing the settings.

I can't wait to get one. Unless people start bending this thing soon I'm definitely choosing this over the Xmaxx .

Everyone is saying how slow it is. I've watched the "1st ride" reviews and only in 1 did someone change the punch or timing. I watched the Arrma tech videos. They have the punch set in the middle and the timing all the way down. Seems there is hidden power and speed stock just by changing the settings.

I can't wait to get one. Unless people start bending this thing soon I'm definitely choosing this over the Xmaxx .
Yeah I never understood that either. Top speed wise it’s just as slow as an xmaxx. And like you said, punch is set all the way down... not sure what people were expecting of an rc with the punch as low as possible..

I'm cheap, that's why I have an Xmaxx 8s on order. I also have an Outcast 6s, a Typhon 6s and a Kraton 6s. Not bad for a cheap dude. ?
Then why are you complaining about a $13 pinion?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back