Xmaxx 8s. Things to Address right away?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
I just got an Xmaxx 8s and was wondering do any of you have any fixes for any possible issues that should be addressed? Also, is there any easy and free fixes to any slight flaws or problems in the design?

I’d do the rpm hinge pins, a max6, gear it 20/50 and foghetaboudit! My OG X-Maxx has taken a beating with that set up for a few years.

It's a pretty solid platform. Mine is still stock, only problem I've had over a few months is a tire separating from the rim; and that was stupidity on my part.

Mediocre servo as is typical, but it works. I'll swap it out when it dies.

Electronics and tires! 🤣 😎 👍
I have heard the tires have problems after a bit. I am not looking for anything crazy right now. My budget is kinda drained right now buying some new batteries. I got a snowplow, slightly upgraded Xmaxx, ez peak live charger, tools and replacement hardware and two bloated batteries all for 750. The guy said it was only ran a few times. What problems do people have with the electronics Besides just not comparing to HobbyKing and castle in performance? I have had good luck with the 4s brushless vxl systems so far.

Tires is not the best and my experience is the foam in there that is the biggest problem, store the truck on something so the tires are free from the floor, i have replaced two tires with lots of rubbers left because of the foam is getting so flat that it seems like a car tire without air into lol.

Buy a metal gear set to upgrade the stock servo, you don't need a max6 unless you want more punch, it is little lazy with the stock esc, rpm or traxxas HD arms, throw away the pins for motor to set the mesh, manualy adjust it without the pins.

This is what i did and it lasted long time until i had to replace the tires again because of the foam.

Def tires, in my experience the traxxas foams like to break down if they get wet or get flat spots if the truck sits in one spot for too long. Sucks when that happens before the rubber wears out. I've taken to making small holes on the rubber to vent and allow the water out and then seal the hole on the plastic rim.

Servo upgrade : Savox 1212sg a little expensive but still kicking after 2 years and love how it handles now

Spur and pinion gear upgrade: saga customs spur and pinion because you WILL strip the stock ones

Tire upgrade: Proline MX57 tires. not too much heavier than stock and have excellent grip. Everyone is right the stock tires do not tend to last long.

After that maybe upgraded hubs and esc when they give out but other than that my Xmaxx has been rock solid.

***please do not use really heavy tires as they tend to mess with the stock powertrain quite a bit in my experience.***

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back